Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24
D
OP Offline
D
Hi tl

Watch out for the muscle strain!
Have a good hot bath after with Epson Salts, it really helps.

I'd love to hear from you, when you have more time

Be careful with lifting heavy things

S
S
That's awesome dragon! I have been trying to help these two betrayed spouses who doesn't think that their husbands are working with the OW is such a big deal! Sigh...it's so frustrating!

Anyway, my favorite thing in the whole world is getting new towels for my bathroom! I know it's silly, especially if I don't USE the towels its just there for a decoration. LOL laugh

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns
That's awesome dragon! I have been trying to help these two betrayed spouses who doesn't think that their husbands are working with the OW is such a big deal! Sigh...it's so frustrating!

Anyway, my favorite thing in the whole world is getting new towels for my bathroom! I know it's silly, especially if I don't USE the towels its just there for a decoration. LOL laugh

Hi Sapphire

Maybe you should suggest to the 2, to read : He's history, you're not - survivng divorce over 40.
The Author explains so much.
As I said earlier, she must have been living IN my house, she's written MY relationship with WH!
It's SO sad how 'common' this whole affair / Mid Life Crises actually is.

I know what you mean about towels, the fluffier the better!
I even bought a toothbrush/paste holder, which I have Never, ever had before. But, Hey, Why Not

Last edited by DragonFire; 08/18/10 04:29 PM.
W
W
Hi DF!

You sound so much better and I am so glad. I have been having to deal with junk from my own WH, so I haven't been around as much. I, too, changed my home around when WH left. My dog also now sleeps with me. I love many things about my new life. I am so glad that I no longer have to answer to WH. Bravo to you!!!

K
K
The dogs will thank you for that of course.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
N
N
i took the day off and went down the shore. you would think that would be fun....not exactly. my mother was involved and ruined the day. bleccchhh.

anyway---i am finally home....thank god! just finished feeding all the horses...its midnight here! i will be back in the morning!! hopefully you enjoyed a wonderful night in your NEW room!

what we do in life......echoes in eternity!
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by WonderWoman33
Hi DF!

You sound so much better and I am so glad.
My dog also now sleeps with me. I love many things about my new life. I am so glad that I no longer have to answer to WH. Bravo to you!!!

Hi WW

I agree with you, and a while ago, I wouldn't have thought it possible to feel so much better, so soon.
But, I think allowing yourself wallow time and then actually getting down to doing something positive & for YOU and YOU ALONE is the boost you need, to move ON
I feel so welcome in my bedroom now, where before, it was a place to sleep. It actually reminded me of a non character/non personality hotel room.

You are SO Right, about 'Not having to answer to' - it's so Liberating

For 25 years, I have looked after the family and at least 40% of unruffling WH's feathers. The 60% was all love and pleasure with my boys.
Now it's MY BOYS - they still come FIRST - and wonderful liberating freedom for me, to do anyhting, go anywhere, without having to make sure 'his' world was perfect first.

Have a great day today and Please come back and chat to me soon

Last edited by DragonFire; 08/19/10 12:36 AM.
T
T
Really, being on opposite sides of the world makes chatting difficult. My husband is loaded. Well, technically, my husband is exhausted. The TRAILER is loaded. He decided to leave tomorrow morning and get a good night's sleep. I have definitely used muscles not ordinarily challenged in my routine daily existence! mr eek

Have a nice day.

tl

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by karmasrose
The dogs will thank you for that of course.

They do.
But I must tell you how it happens - remember this is a husky/wolf male about 3 yrs and a husky/shepherd female about 18 months :

I go up to the bedroom, finish in the bathroom. When I come to my bed, the wolf is lying very regally on the couch. At his feet, on the carpet is the shepherd, on my drawers is my female cat (she's tiny, but full grown)

Ok, so I put on my face creams, read and then feeling sleepy, turn the light out. Within a few minutes, there a tiny extra weight on the bed.
Now sometime during the night, the bed gets progressivily heavier and by the time my alarm goes off, I'm on the edge of the mattress.

If I don't react to the insistant alarm, my wolf starts 'playing' with the shephers - the cat take refuge back on the drawers - and I am bombarded!

It does tend to get up at 'up at 'em in a hurry.

But I Love having them with me, they are my FRIENDS

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by nikko
i took the day off and went down the shore. you would think that would be fun....not exactly. my mother was involved and ruined the day. bleccchhh.

anyway---i am finally home....thank god! just finished feeding all the horses...its midnight here! i will be back in the morning!! hopefully you enjoyed a wonderful night in your NEW room!

Hey Nikko
Have you done the move around thing?
My Muscles are complaining like only MS muscles can - but it was great!

Let me know when you are back on line

K
K
The animals can be such a comfort... loveheart is all they do. They love you so much and don't seem to ask for very much in return. stickout

Try buying a bigger bed if possible? rotflmao

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by karmasrose
The animals can be such a comfort... loveheart is all they do. They love you so much and don't seem to ask for very much in return. stickout

Try buying a bigger bed if possible? rotflmao

It's alreaady a Queen Extra Length!

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Really, being on opposite sides of the world makes chatting difficult. My husband is loaded. Well, technically, my husband is exhausted. The TRAILER is loaded. He decided to leave tomorrow morning and get a good night's sleep. I have definitely used muscles not ordinarily challenged in my routine daily existence! mr eek

Have a nice day.

tl

tl - somehow your contact details DISAPPEARED, when my computer froze.

Please, Please re-send them. I would so love to e-mail you pictures of my boys, animals etc
My add is .................. Thank you for the edit!

Last edited by DragonFire; 08/19/10 10:32 AM.
T
T
I'll be on and off the computer all day. I'm packing, and I have to do SOME work, even without my husband around to be my "conscience," if for no other reason than that he'll be back next week and will be able to TELL!! rotflmao

tl

N
N
how are you doing? i was busy yesterday doing all the stuff i put off to go away for the day. i did get a quick ride in. lol

D
OP Offline
D
Hi Nikko

I'm doing great!
I rode yesterday and today.
My Grey (yesterday was like a loaded freight train on a decline with leaking brake fluid! I actually rubbed off that 1st layer of skin on the inside of my left knee!
I rode the chestnut in my 1st lesson for 6 weeks - and he was good - but we were both 'broken' after 30 mins.

Today I lunged my dark bay (yesterday as well) & I could sell him for Bazillions to the Rodea Circuit!
The up side is he did 'stretch' my back spasm - me hanging on for dear life, firmly planted in the sand!
The Grey was way better today, but, still quite keen to 'play'.
If I have any energy later, I'll take my Old Man (12yr old) for a walk around the track!

I've done 4 hrs exercises already all added up - just 1 to go!

D
OP Offline
D
OK - No more riding today!
Had a Epsom Salts bath - Ouch back spasm
And the cheek of it, it's now 'holding' my left shoulder blade in a weird place!
I'm looking for a meat tenderiseing hammer!

Why doesn't this site have Spellcheck?

V
V
spell check - Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't - odd..

Glad to hear you're doing ok DF! I think it's awesome you still ride!

Haven't had much to say, but I think you're doing great!

How are the boys? Feelin' better?

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
N
N
spellcheck would just let me know how bad my brain actually is!!! lol

sorry about the spasms....been there...still doing that. had a great ride yesterday but i have to take it easy today. between riding....i moved 50 bales of hay around....put up 15 50# bags of feed...cleaned the feed shed....plus all the other stuff around here...lol

today is a lazy day.....normal housework and cleaning. i may bathe one of the saddlebreds...he loves spa day! lol then i have to get my butt back in the kitchen...the troops are getting restless.....mom hasn't been cooking as much lately. my bunch is spoiled with pretty much all homemade food from scratch...my own fault. but i do love to cook....have my dough rising for bread later.

how are your boys doing? are they hanging in? this must all be sooo confusing for them.

N
N
DF---how you doing?

Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation