Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
C
19 year old reminded me of when he was 6-7 and he was up in our bedroom fooling around with his sister and his Mom.

He said " Hey Mom, take off your shirt so we can wrestle!"

C
C
My now 24 year old boy used to have that "Hand down his mommys blouse" thing when he was young too.

She would have guests over and he would do it. She would just laugh but then you would see her roll her eyes

C
C
When i was probbaly 10 I was chubby. One day when I was being a brat and wanted something special to eat I got Mad and told my Mom. " I am going to die from malnutrion"

Mom just lost it.

C
C
One time my 11 year old son wanted to go to six flags and ride the superman coaster. He was adamant he would not be scared and would do it.

Well he had "Nerves of steel" when we went on it. The older son,my DD, and I were nervous and it showed. He was seriuos and had a straight and determined face.

After it was over he got out and remained calm, seemed it didn't scare him at all.

Halfway to the next ride he said "I don't want to ride this one", still remaining stern in his demeanor. Then he sat down on the bench for 10 minutes.

Took two hours to get him to ride on another and he never admitted he was shook up.

S
S
I have been reading and haven't been able to think.

The first is more a horror story, which some will be familiar with: Apr7 last year DSthen3 ran a bath for his babies (2 ball pit balls) I wasn't aware and hour and 45 mins later bath still running.
He's not far off 5 now and currently the insurance company are thinking of suing the contractors - we still don't have a floor - in some areas it's a trampoline like sprung floor and in others - small steps and hillocks covered with MOD issue carpet as a "temp" measure. The floor was repaired last Oct as soon as drying cert issued- came up again in Dec.

The 2nd horror story: DS over heard a convo with a friend who had a dink in his car wing - said friend left the car at ours overnight because he and his wife had come for a few beers. IN the morning DS decided to do the kind thing and fix the car with

a biro - a pirate biro (not that that is significant)

Not only did he fix the dent, but several other spots all over the car dramaqueen

S
S
.....I wonder where he gets it from??

my tip for the day (discovered this morning):

If you want a foam party just add a dash of washing up liquid to the washing machine

[Linked Image from cool-smileys.com]

Took me hours to get rid of all the bubbles all over the kitchen (running out of wsahing powder and just wanted to do the dog blanket quickly)

C
C
lol We have to use Dish Liquid too sometimes, and

The guy who fixed our Kitchen floor would.t listen to me, I had done water damage B4.

It has nails heads stickin up and a large hole in the middle.

He is the maint guy for landlord> His fix that idea. put in pergo.

V
V
Oh oh I have one to add to the list.

DD is nearly 9 months old. This Monday she started at a new In Home Daycare. One of the other little boys is about 18 months old and is the son of DHs boss. The first time we took DD to the Daycare he just stopped and stared at her, touching her softly and playing with her car seat. Both the boy's mother and the Day Care provider stated that this was remarkable, because this boy just doesn't notice other babies, they just don't exist to him.

Couple of days later, I'm picking up DD and putting her in her carseat. The little boy comes and sits right in my lap and starts staring at DD. He leans over and plants a big kiss right on her mouth. She looks at me, very disturbed. So he leans in and kisses her one more time. She, again, looks at me and bursts into tears. The little boy just sits there, looking at her, confused.

It was so darn funny. I laughed and told DD to just keep that attitude for the next 20-30 years.

Poor girl.... her first kiss from a boy.

Last edited by Vibrissa; 08/20/10 10:18 AM.

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
D
D
Thanks for this thread! I really needed this laugh!

"If you will stop feeding your feelings, then they will stop controlling you" -Joyce Meyer
C
C
My dd was 2 years old and we were takeing her to see "Roger Rabbit at the drive in.

We had been talking to her about all day, and she was excited.

When the movie started she started saying "hi roger" and she did it a couple of times, then she started crying.

She was sad cuz Roger didn't answer her. She thiught she was seeing him in person.

S
OP Offline
S
grin Love these..I read them everyday and laugh..and say "awwwww".

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
P
P
Speaking of smelly feet. My sis and I kinda lived sheltered lives as preachers kids. One summer when I was 9 and my sis was 8, we went to kids camp that was held at an old college. We bunked down in the dorms, the boys in one building and the girls in another.

We had a blast and when we got home we excitedly told our parents all about the cool "feet washers" they had in the dorm bathrooms. All the girls were using them and we "got to wash our feet everyday without taking a bath!". What a cool invention!

We could not understand why our parents were falling out on the bed, tears coming from their eyes, and unable to speak because they were laughing so hard.

It seems like our dorm had been a men's dorm in its previous life and those "feet washers" were actually urinals.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
And more to the sheltered PKs...

This was a very serious situation with a little comic relief mixed in.

My sis and I walked to the convenience store pretty often. It was a safe neighborhood and this was way back when in the early 70s. We usually walked across a field that was between our house and the store. Once we were walking and this guy pulls up in his car and asks us for directions to the main road (which you could see from where we stood). We pointed towards the road and went on our way.

On the way back, this same car pulls up and my lil sis goes right up to his window and leans on the car talking to the guy. In the meantime, I look down and notice that the guy is wearing nothing from the waist down and obviously aroused. I yanked my sis away from the car, and hollered "run, he's a bad man!". We ran all the home, crying and hysterical. We ran into the house and ran straight back to our parents' room.

They thought we'd been hurt and were horrified, until my sis (barely understandable through her tears) blurted out, "I thought it was a gearshift!". My parents lost it. Even though it was a serious situation, they couldn't help themselves. I guess it was a form of hysterics for them.

Don't worry, when they calmed down, they called the police.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 08/24/10 04:54 PM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
L
L
DD18 wasnt one for being too weird as a little 'un but I do remember one from her. When DD14 was about 6 months old and starting to teeth, I gave her the bone from a chicken drum stick to chew on. DD then 5 said "Dont give her a bone. She's not a dog!"

DD14 on the other hand, WAS very prone to doing odd things...
When she was around 3 her and I were at the Op shop (second hand clothing store) I 'thought' she was playing with the toys while I was browsing. I heard a couple of older ladies say "Oh how cute. That little girl is pretending to use the potty"
It was DD and she was NOT pretending!

Most annoying thing was shop didnt have a toilet OR running water for me to clean it out

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
C
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Speaking of smelly feet. My sis and I kinda lived sheltered lives as preachers kids. One summer when I was 9 and my sis was 8, we went to kids camp that was held at an old college. We bunked down in the dorms, the boys in one building and the girls in another.

We had a blast and when we got home we excitedly told our parents all about the cool "feet washers" they had in the dorm bathrooms. All the girls were using them and we "got to wash our feet everyday without taking a bath!". What a cool invention!

We could not understand why our parents were falling out on the bed, tears coming from their eyes, and unable to speak because they were laughing so hard.

It seems like our dorm had been a men's dorm in its previous life and those "feet washers" were actually urinals.
rotflmao faint

Laughing so hard im crying..

C
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
They thought we'd been hurt and were horrified, until my sis (barely understandable through her tears) blurted out, "I thought it was a gearshift!". My parents lost it. Even though it was a serious situation, they couldn't help themselves. I guess it was a form of hysterics for them.

Don't worry, when they calmed down, they called the police.

Awww.

C
C
Originally Posted by lildoggie
.."Oh how cute. That little girl is pretending to use the potty"
It was DD and she was NOT pretending!

Most annoying thing was shop didnt have a toilet OR running water for me to clean it out

Good thing she wasn't at Home Depot or the local hardware store, well at least they would have had water. lol

C
C
This one from my late wifes childhood.

Her grandmother was the owner of a large farm in Vermont, and the old school type. My wife loved her and the discipline she lived along with the respect everybody showed her, even the men.

When late wife was but a small girl she was out playing and got into trouble for something, and as is custom was asked by her Grandmom to go pick a switch for her so she could spank her with it. She came back with a 4 inch twig.

They all laughed so hard she dodged the spanking.

C
C
When I was around 5 years old, I loved my Aunt Olive. She was allways there with laughter and a smile. She wasn't really my aunt, but my Moms friend, but she loved me, you could just tell.

Well they lived about 3 miles from our house, part of it being down a pretty busy inter-state highway. I remembered the way there, and wanted to go one day when Mom said no.

Yup you guessed it, a five-year old took his tricycle and rode it to his aunt olives. They were not home, and after say 10-15 mins my Mom showed up.

She picked her own switch BTW..

C
C
When I was a little kid it was generally said around my grandmas house that "Children should be seen and not heard", but I allways had a lot to say,(bet you picked up on that by now lol).

When I would occasionnally go spend time at Grandmas like overnight I would have a lot to talk about to her. She would listen with a smile and comment "u-huh" here and there. The same with my Gramps except with him was more chuckling and laughter. You would expect that when listening to a 7 year old trying to be 20 anyways. I must have been a trip.

I was a little self-conciuos of myself,(lol), and that didn't stop at how much I talked either. One day I asked Gram if it bothered her that I talked so much and she let out a hearty laugh. "CP, I have learned to shut you off a long time ago"

Looking back and knowing we can only pick our battles, that must have been a healthy defense mechanism.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation