Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Her story, and what her plans are for her and the kids....

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/d...r-Woods-I-ve-been-throug?urn=golf-265021

S
S
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns
Her story, and what her plans are for her and the kids....

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/d...r-Woods-I-ve-been-throug?urn=golf-265021

My favorite part of the article was where she says her divorce settlement was substantial enough that she won't have to work 'initially.' YA THINK!!!!!

W
W
SW, I liked that part too. I did the math, and I figured I could live about 10 lifetimes and raise a couple hundred kids on the settlement that will allow her to not work 'initially.'

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
K
K
Well she deserved a big settlement!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
W
W
Well, he certainly doesn't deserve to keep all the money. I just don't see how she can't live off $100 million without EVER having to work again.

S
S
Originally Posted by writer1
Well, he certainly doesn't deserve to keep all the money. I just don't see how she can't live off $100 million without EVER having to work again.

I definitely believe the money was her share. And I even can appreciate her wanting her degree and to someday work when her kids are older...but it just cracked me up that she made it sound like her settlement would allow her to 'get by' for a while.

K
K
Well maybe she meant it in a way that she'd be able to get "set up" (aka house, kids school, etc) before going back to work.

She could be so relieved that she doesn't have to worry that she's unaware she doesn't have to worry.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
P
I wonder if she's hiring for a financial counselor? Bet I could help her figure out how to survive on $100 million. Wow! Good for her!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
W
W
I'd divorce Tiger Woods too for that money! Plus Im not into men, maybe I could get a little more for that.

V
V
Originally Posted by Wheels_spinning
I'd divorce Tiger Woods too for that money! Plus Im not into men, maybe I could get a little more for that.

rotflmao

Good for Elin

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
W
W
I think she deserves every penny. And I admire her for going back to school and doing something that she wants to do.

But, I must say, I don't understand when you hear about these huge settlements that many celebrity wives get in their divorce, and then they complain about it. What, you mean I only get $80,000 a month in alimony? How am I supposed to SURVIVE on that? It's difficult for me to drum up much sympathy for them.

M
M
I guess in Elin's defense, she's going to have to lay out money for expenses that most of us don't have - like for 24-hour bodyguards, 24-hours security, and secure private schools for her kids. Unfortunately, she and her kids are the targets of stalkers and nutballs and she has to guard against that. And boy is it ever expensive.

Besides, I got no sympathy for Tiger. He could never begin to make amends to her for what he did to her and the children. That alimony is a drop in the bucket to him.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
H
H
Elin was a woman of dignity and grace during this. I give her credit for how she carried herself.

Of course I still do think she did take a few swings with his golf club that night.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Wheels_spinning

hahahahahaaa.... rotflmao

Wheels have I told you how sexy you are??

S
S
Tiger should pay for the 24/7 security guards since she is in the public eye because of his behavior, if they had just divorced because of the "we just don't get along" verse they always spew out, she could have faded into the background, but since his cheating with multiple skanks put her a bulls-eye on her and their kids.

I know that 100 million is a lot of money, but in my opinion she should have gotten more, because I think he used his "family image" to make more money in sponsorship deals and endorsements because every one wanted to like him as a family man and buy what he was selling because it the public knew what they know now, he wouldn't be able to sell a peanut to an elephant.

S
S
I agree that she received a lot and should have received more. I wonder if Tiger still has to pay child support on top of the settlement. The day that their story "broke" was my DDay of the PA. I so could relate to hitting your WH with a golf club.

There was one thing that bothered me though and that was the way that it seems to be the fantasy divorce thing. The lady who interviewed Elin was on TODAY and she said that the kids are doing fine, that they are adjusting well. She said that she knows this because she witnessed Tiger bringing the kids back from one of his visits. I just kept thinking that the children are young, and they probably don't understand, but I am SURE that there are moments when the 3 year old wonders where Daddy is and why he doesn't live with them anymore.

Sorry, maybe I should have take that to the rants thread since this one seemed to be a happy thread. smile

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
J
I feel for Elin, I can't imagine the pain she must and is feeling....what he did is unbelievable and unforgivable in my book.....
Can you imagine as his children get older and find out the truth about what their father did.........
That whole family is going to suffer over and over again........all the $$ in the world can't take that away......
I hope she can find happiness in her life...........

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
S
S
Let's see,

My divorce was finalized on Wednesday of last week.

Elin just finalized hers with $100 million in her pocket.

Do you think there's a chance? I can wow her with my newfound knowledge of EN's, lovebusters, policies of UA, POJA, and the like.

M
M
There was one thing that bothered me though and that was the way that it seems to be the fantasy divorce thing. The lady who interviewed Elin was on TODAY and she said that the kids are doing fine, that they are adjusting well. She said that she knows this because she witnessed Tiger bringing the kids back from one of his visits.

Oh, I fully agree with you on this. Like so many WS, Tiger is now having in divorce what he wanted in marriage but couldn't have: The freedom to chase every girl he wants but still drop in on the family to enjoy time with them when he feels like it.

I think this is a terrible lesson to send the kids. They should be learning that family is a full-time commitment, and that family is not just some people you hang out with when you're between dates.

Let the kids spend all the time they want with each parent individually, but this part-time togetherness thing does real damage and is extremely confusing IMHO. It turns the kids into second-class citizens since it will become very clear to them that they aren't worth a full-time commitment and they should not expect to get more than Daddy's part-time leftovers.

For anyone interested, here is the MB thread on "The Fantasy of Divorce":

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2279757&page=1

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
C
C

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation