Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Ok gang here is the deal. WH and I POJAed me taking a class this Sunday. I had not thought of him doing anything more during class time than looking after DS2.

Today while we are having lunch together, he brings up the idea of taking DS2 to the park. At the time it seemed like a good idea, but after I got back to work, the panic set in. I started having thoughts like "Is he going to meet someone there?"

I called WH and explained these thoughts and that because of them I now do not feel good about the idea. So he "decided" that since it was an issue, he would just stay home with DS2.

Do I have any indication that he is meeting up with someone, or even been in contact with anyone else? No.

I recognized this is fear talking. And although his solution solves the issue, it would be done at the expense of my son having a good time with his dad. That is something I want them both to experience.

So can anyone help me with ways I can get over this? How do you let go of that need to know who they are with? I know this is my hang up, so how do I feel safe in this situation?

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
NC letter recieved 5/29/10
My Thread

Recovery may not be an option. Seriously looking a plan B/D
P
P
It is a reasonable expectation for you to be aware where your H is at all times and with whom.

I never try to talk someone out of what I consider to be reasonable.

If H takes your son to the park, he can text you one cute pic after another .... showing you what he is doing when you are not around.

Would that help?

Your D-day was less than 6 months ago ... you are permitted to be occasionally NUTZ.

P
P
Sorry, NO 2X4 for you.
kiss

E
OP Offline
E
Sorry Pep but texting is out.

Since that was one of the tools he used to communicate with OW, I disabled it from all our phones smile

But thanks. Maybe I can have him take pics and upload to FB so I can see time and activity?

Me - BS
Him - WS
Discovery 3/26/10
NC letter mailed 5/27/10
NC letter recieved 5/29/10
My Thread

Recovery may not be an option. Seriously looking a plan B/D
P
P
Originally Posted by ElunaInNC
Sorry Pep but texting is out.

Since that was one of the tools he used to communicate with OW, I disabled it from all our phones smile

But thanks. Maybe I can have him take pics and upload to FB so I can see time and activity?

Exactly.
Work it out!

M
M
Originally Posted by ElunaInNC
I recognized this is fear talking. And although his solution solves the issue, it would be done at the expense of my son having a good time with his dad. That is something I want them both to experience. ?

BUT...........this is not an irrational fear. If there is a risk that your H might meet the OW at a park, then your fear is VERY VALID. If he went then you would be triggered.

So, the solution is to find a way that your marriage is not at risk or you are triggered.

You will get no 2x4 for trying to protect your marriage! That is what you are supposed to do!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Or, you could ask your hubbie to have a male friend go with him to the park with HIS little son, too, for a play date.

Just another idea.

And no, at 6 months out, you are not paranoid. They really are out to get you. smile

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
M
M
Originally Posted by schoolbus
And no, at 6 months out, you are not paranoid. They really are out to get you. smile

AGREE. She is not paranoid, she is WISE. She is now enlightened and has a healthy fear of the risks. When you get hit by a car playing chicken, it tends to make one more aware of the real risks. grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
You are smart to question EVERYTHING. It's not paranoia, it's a normal reaction to what you have been through.

Me: BW, 46
Him: WH, 48
EA/PA with co-worker 8-08 to 7-09
D-day 7-29
NC 8-17
OW and WH both fired from jobs
OW lost court case for restraining order- judge called her a "practiced deciever" who manufactured evidence!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 835 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation