Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2414786 08/08/10 08:51 PM
U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
I leave for some Pre-mobilization tomorrow. I am still a complete basket case!!

How in th He!! am I supposed to lead soldiers, how am I going to provide training to my young soldiers. I am one of the few left with any combat experience, it is my job to make sure my medics are ready for what they may have to do.

I had to go to my former home to get some of my Army gear, just being there I was in tears. All our family photos still on the walls, ect. It all hit me really hard.

I have not been doing good at all lately. Even with the new medicine, I am a mess. If I didn't need the money for this training I think I would go back in the hospital.

What has happened to me?? Why cant I function?? I've been cheated on before, was worse then. I've had the PTSD for years, but for the most part I was functional. Why now am I having constant pannic attacks, I can barley do my job anymore.

I have never been this way before. It scares me cause I dont know how to get right again. I am on enough anti-anxitey meds to put a rhino to sleep (i'm exagarating) I still am a basket case.

I can already feel the urge to just numb, to start drinking again. I have been down that road, I know it leads nowhere good.

Anyway...

Just in a bad place today

Jason

Finally Healing working towards the day when I can be a good partner, and choose someone good for me.

Most Current relationship ended with her cheating and kicking me out on the streets.

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

IA & PA 2003/2004. (while I was deployed and brought the bast*** around my boy)

Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
S
S
unseen I am soo sorry for the pain you are in right now, just remember that god is always with you, and if there is anything you need comfort, assurance, etc just get on your knees and ask him for help, and I guarantee you will receive it.

Remember the story that during those hard times in your life he is the one carrying you.

You are in my prayers.

Last edited by SapphireReturns; 08/09/10 09:05 AM.
H
H
Jason, Please contact your supervisor and let him know what is going on.

I work on a military base and I know there is many counseling services that address your issues.

Get help now even if it means going back in the hospital. You will not be able to help anyone unless you help yourself first.

Blessings

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
T
T
I echo this above. Don't be afraid to get the help you need. Even if it means something like a hospital. I refused a leave of absence a couple of years ago because "we couldn't afford it." It was the wrong choice. Your health and well-being is number one priority. There is NO SHAME in needing help.

U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Thank you all for the input!

I just got out of the hospital on monday, If I keep going in everytime I start to wig out I will just get worse. Alot of my stress is that my income is messed up. I can't keep staying at my buddy's house.

I need this money that I get from training to get a new home/place to stay.

So far its not been too bad, I just need to rely a little more on my subordiates, delagate more.

anyway...

Thanks

Finally Healing working towards the day when I can be a good partner, and choose someone good for me.

Most Current relationship ended with her cheating and kicking me out on the streets.

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world.
_
_
unseen,

I agree about letting your first line leader know the whole situation. That is a must. If you truly think you may not be up to handling the mission, you need to let them know that as well. Remember, it takes bravery to admit you are having problems dealing and there is no shame in that. Add to the stress of preparing to deploy the personal relationship issues and it is completely understandable. I strongly suggest you link up with your chaplain ASAP as well.

It may be that leaving on the MOB might actually be a good thing in a way too. It should probably help your financial situation and it will give you focus and occupy your mind and time as you prepare for war.

I'm not sure of your rank, but you are obviously in a leadership position. You didn't 'fall' into that slot. You were selected because others felt you were capable. There aren't many things in life more noble and honorable then leading Soldiers in a combat environment.

That being said, your Soldiers' families have entrusted the lives of their loved ones in your hands. That is a serious responsibility that CANNOT be taken lightly. If you truly don't feel up to the task prior to pushing out, you need to let that be known. None of us are irreplaceable. Your unit will be OK without you if that is what is neccessary. You can't lead and serve your Soldiers effectively if you are not mentally zero'ed for the task.

I also had a tough time with this during my last deployment as that was when my WW dupmed the news on me. I was also a basket case and it actually put me and my Soldiers at greater risk because I wasn't on my game. I wasn't sleeping and all I could think about was my problems. When I was outside the wire and not focused - that was extremely dangerous. Fortunately, we made it OK but it could have turned very bad. I talked with my chaplain and put things into perspective and was able to refocus and complete the mission, but it was very difficult. Eventually I found ways of dealing with it by talking with friends and exercising a lot. That helped me sleep when I could and that in turn helped me to be sharp and focused out there when I needed to be.

I wish you the best and urge you to be honest with your chain of command and find your chaplain.

SoL

-SOL
_SOL #2421589 08/27/10 04:09 PM
U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Hi all,

Well once again I went in the hospital. Second day of screening they decided i needed to go back in (they were right). 18 days this time. Plus is that I got into a long term (Inpatient)PTSD program in Little Rock AR

It is 8 weeks long and has had good success rates so far. So I just need to find a place to live till the 7th. I can do hotels for a few days but will have to think of something else eventually.

I felt really good when I left the hospital, why does seeing a picture of her bring me to tears. I'm not sure sometimes that I can recover from both....

anyway...

input appreciated

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation