Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2421796 08/28/10 03:23 PM
N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Do these sound familiar?

"Nobody loves me the way he does...."

"You can't understand what I am going through......"

"Nobody wants me to be happy......especially you....."

"I will NOT get through this......."

"Dont blame him......this is all on me. He had nothing to do with this......"

Heard this before or some variation of them???

Not2fun

S
S
Ahhhh, YES...all of them in one form or another!!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Yes.

They are the wayward script. I think they are etched in stone somewhere, and required to be memorized if you plan an affair.

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
N
not2fun Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by schoolbus
Yes.

They are the wayward script. I think they are etched in stone somewhere, and required to be memorized if you plan an affair.

Yes they are......OR.........

they could be said by your 16 yr. old DD when she's been caught dating a boy who's 20!!!!

We talk on here how those silly wayward sound like love sick teenagers.....well I got to see it first hand..... sigh

All those posted above.........she said to me.......so did her dad once upon a time....... MrRollieEyes

Prayers need for the Not household as I am getting ready to break the news to Mr. Not when he gets home in an hour........

Not

O
O
Originally Posted by Not2Fun
Prayers needed for the Not household
You got it Not.

The joys of parenting...
I wish you well with this challenge.

opt

S
S
Ah yes, the joys of parenting.

Waywards are teenagers. Maybe that etched stone is somewhere in one of those very messy bedrooms??????

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
P
P
Sounds to me like Mr 20-year-old is about to have a little man-to-man with Mr. KNOT.

S
S
rut roh!!!!!

pray

Sorry you are going through this.... But if anyone has the strength for this i believe you do!!

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
J
J
Have you asked her these questions:

He is two years out of high school. Why is he hanging out with a sophomore/junior? (don't know what grade your DD is in).

Doesn't that seem sort of...odd that he wants to be with someone who still has one/two years of high school left? Most people his age are starting their 2nd or 3rd year of college or job training.

What do you and your friends think of senior boys who want to go out with 8th/9th graders? This isn't much different.

Not sure if this helps. It's from my experience as an alternative high school teacher. I've had this conversation many times with my female students.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

O
O
I just got to thinking about this situation and I remembered that when I came home from my first year of college I dated a girl who I think was 16. I would have been 19, but that relationship should have never happened. [Not knows how my boundaries have been lacking - clearly much of that was rooted in my upbringing]. I was a nice kid and treated her with respect (her next BF got her pregnant during a breakout from Juvie....*), but still I should have found someone my own age, and there were plenty of choices.

John's Twin, I'm sure your questions might be effective with Not's daughter. However, what would have been effective with me (as I try to imagine the whole thing) would have been a stern conversation with the kid's dad. To the tune of: "stay the he11 away from my daughter or you have no idea the pain and suffering you'll endure." I also think if that girl's parents had told my parents to tell me to seek my entertainment elsewhere, that would have been effective as well.

Opt

*ps - the girl wound up getting a law degree from a prominent university while her parents raised her kid.

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
C
C
Uh yeah, I think Mr Not should tell the little weasel what broken knee caps feel like.

Besides, isn't there a law against this?

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
S
S
Originally Posted by ChaiLover
Uh yeah, I think Mr Not should tell the little weasel what broken knee caps feel like. (Mr. Not) twoxfour (20 yr old) grin

Besides, isn't there a law against this?

In Indiana, the legal age for 'consent' is 16. sigh

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation