Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 89 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 88 89
M
M

Why thank you, stillhere!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Blimey.

Your little man is very cute, but he's a bit big for a fourth grader.

wiseacre... sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Hi StillHere,

Hope you are doing well. Enjoy your little guy now as I am sure you are, because in about 13 years he is probably going to be a kick butt linebacker in the NFL, earning like $12MM a year, and at that time you will be upset that he wants to give you some good things in life and ignores your H's cell phone calls.....Just trying to lighten.

Tom

S
S
Hey Tom...Hope you are doin well also...

My little guy is a little scrawny thing, I cant picture him playing football..but you never know.. grin

but if he was then he would have to travel crybaby....and I already have a setup for him to live in my basement.. rotflmao

Okay, I guess that is a little weird of me...but I cant think that far ahead yet... smile

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Hey us northern foreigners have that LaboUr day weekend this weekend too. It also marks the last day of Summer Vaca for the kiddos. I never understood why some of the American schools start in August only to have Labor Day weekend vaca.

My friend said the funniest thing to her son today. He was belly aching about having to go back to school on Tuesday. She said, "Just because I love you so much, let's make it a four day week." HAHAHAHAHA She kills me. Now, back to learning. laugh I gotta work tomorrow and I work in a major retailer(American, can you guess which one?) and it seems that people always forget that school starts soon and they decide to wait until the very last minute to by school supplies and then complain that we are all sold out. They do the same thing at Halloween and Valentines. Mother's Day is one of the days when Men out number women shopping for sure. laugh

Oh I so look forward to it. grin

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
That is so true that everyone waits until the last minute to get school stuff....I usually do, but this year I did it early..I think I would usu procrastinate because I really didnt want to believe that school was starting...

Some schools around my area started school this week already too...Thank goodness my town always starts after labor day, well for now it does anyway...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

J
J
This is the first year since 1991 that I haven't had to do any school shopping for my kiddos.

Not sure if I should be happy or sad....

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

T
T
My kids started August 11th.

I'm a little disappointed. I saw all these new posts and thought people were actually ranting. I was really looking forward to ranting.

S
S
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
My kids started August 11th.

I'm a little disappointed. I saw all these new posts and thought people were actually ranting. I was really looking forward to ranting.
grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

V
V
My rand: people who post in the rant thread and don't rant!!

laugh

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
S
S
Originally Posted by Vibrissa
My rand: people who post in the rant thread and don't rant!!

laugh

stickout

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

T
T
x

Last edited by lurioosi2; 09/04/10 03:04 PM.
C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
...Yes it is a HOLIDAY. A REAL holiday, not a fake one like you silly foreigners observe. MrRollieEyes

It is LABOR DAY, the weekend to not do any labor! laugh

So my rant is that on labor day weekend I am allways working on something. This weekend it will be swapping an engine. (I'm to old for this crap!)

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
S
S
I absolutely DID rant. I know it didn't come off as angry as it could have. I absolutely HATE HATE HATE when people wait until the last minute to buy stuff because I WORK AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE COUNTER, so they complain to ME. And then they always end it with, "I am NEVER shopping here again." Seriously, I get paid just a little over minimum wage and I have NO CONTROL over prices or stocking. The managers make me tell stories as to why we ran out but it is simply, supply and demand. We didn't have enough supply for the demand and there is nothing we can do about it FOR DAYS. ARGHHHHHHHH

There, was that better? HEHEHEHE. Now, off to work. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
...Yes it is a HOLIDAY. A REAL holiday, not a fake one like you silly foreigners observe. MrRollieEyes

It is LABOR DAY, the weekend to not do any labor! laugh

So my rant is that on labor day weekend I am allways working on something. This weekend it will be swapping an engine. (I'm to old for this crap!)

Hey, I don't even have a car. frown I gotta go catch the bus now(don't even get me started on the transit system here).

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
CP, I might be able to feel sympathy for you if I could work out why in the world anybody would want to "swap an engine".

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
C
Originally Posted by SugarCane
CP, I might be able to feel sympathy for you if I could work out why in the world anybody would want to "swap an engine".

Lol, well cuz the old engine is broken? Its my friends car and I'm the go-to guy everybody knows will do a good job and won't screw them on the price. Fortunatly this freind will pay me.

But it seems ever since I can remember, thier has been some project to do on holiday weekends/vacations and/or I haven't had the $ to go away to do anything. I guess thats not a rant, more like whining. So i'll change my rant to ....

My rant is people complaining about having no time and money when they don't manage it correctly. Lol

C
C
Off to roll around in a gravel driveway and wrestle with 10 year old nuts and bolts with makeshift tools and equipment. rant2 banghead rant2 banghead twoxfour>>self faint

S
S
Honestly, how long is a day to you people?

96 hours?

IS IT STILL LABOUR DAY????

HELLO????

Is this thing turned on?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
And if anyone tells me it's "Labor Day" I'll....

twoxfour

mad

uhuh

Nooo

naughty

rant2

grumble

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 18 of 89 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation