Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Ok, this is off topic, but still deals with adultery.

Hollywood tends to have crappy depictions of BS'es, but Mad Men seems to have gotten it pretty well.

"spoiler alert"

I'm in season 2 and Don's wife had OW's husband tell her about her WH's affair. She has kicked him out, gone through the throws of depression from learning such as puking, not sleeping, looking like death, etc.

I was worried that the show was glamorizing affairs a bit, but the reality is hitting now. Just wanted to share my thoughts with anyone else that might be watching.

Any fans? I'm only in season 2, so don't spoil it!

K
K
One of my absolute favorite series.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

O
O
It is a good show HTLD. There's quality everywhere including set design, lighting, dialogue, character development.

During my Plan A WW took me up on the offer to "spend more time together" by watching the discs of Madmen rented from Netflicks (her idea). Everybody was cheating. Let's just say waywards view this type of material much differently than BS's. I stopped participating in that "recreational activity."

I wouldn't recommend the show to anyone newly betrayed, but I'm glad to the chickens are finally coming home to roost.

opt

H
OP Offline
H
Yep, everyone was cheating. I do think a WS would see it differently than a BS. What's interesting is that the "romance" of the affairs get slowly removed. Nothing romantic about walking out of a hotel with your boss and going to opposite ends of a street to pretend you're not together.

I was particularly drawn to the story of the BS of Don. Her reaction reminded me so much of my own as far as the obsessive snooping, sleeplessness, lack of eating, and looking like you just got mauled by a lion.

I know a major plot point (Spoiler) that Don and his wife end up divorced. It would be nice to see major consequences for the others who cheat and it appears to be happening.

Not a show for the newly betrayed, but a great drama nonetheless.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation