Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rwinger Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Perhaps not the most appropriate place to post this but there are many of these heroes going their a personal hell after enduring a deployment.

There are thousands of heroes that I would like to show appreciation this 9th anniversary of the 09/11. I remember that day well - as my plane was detoured to Chattanooga for an emergency - I spent the rest of the week holed up in a hotel and a rare rental car.

In spite of the domestic noise here - they fight over there in harsh conditions so we are not dodging human bombs in our schools or malls.

It would seem that the only way a free society with constitutional rights can fight an enemy like these radicals is to bring the fight to them.

Afganistan War Footage (US, UK & Canada)

New Afghanistan War Footage (United States, United Kingdom, & Canada)

It starts at 0:01 for the United States Military Marching
It starts at 1:41 for the British Royal Marines/Soldiers Marching
It starts at 3:22 for the Canadian Soldiers Marching

Combat Footage:
It starts at 4:12 the U.S. Marines/Soldiers in combat (Afghanistan)
It starts at 5:32 the British Royal Marines/Soldiers in combat (Afghanistan)
It starts at 6:56 the Canadians soldiers in combat (Afghanistan) - At 9:01, a taliban fighter was shot in the legs by the Canadian troops, they patched him up and got him out of the combat zone. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND ALLIES!

This video is a bit more raw - last scene is something to think about.

Tribute to US and Canadian soldiers

Last edited by rwinger; 09/10/10 08:06 PM.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
P
P
Well, I had a conversation with our 24 year old son this morning.
He's planning to enlist in the ARMY next week.
He's taken an aptitude test. Did very well.
His physical is next week.

I know this is a good thing.
I know it is.
I'm just ... a mom ... with concerns.

A
A
Pep,

It's a Mom's job to be concerned. Our 22 year old DS has been in the Army since high school, a little over 4 years. For our son, the Army has been a good place. He had no desire to attend college right away and we told him that he could not lay around on our couch and watch tv.

DS has been to Korea for a year, been in Germany and spent a year in Iraq. He loves the traveling aspect, seeing new places (He just spent a long weekend in Budapest). Ironically, I worry more about him being in Germany that I did when he was in Iraq. He does not always behave as an adult and there are plenty of places in Germany for young men to cut loose. Thankfully, DS is still single. In a couple of months, DS will be assigned to Fort Hood, TX. My concern then will be a deployment to Afghanistan.

I hope things go well for your son.

911: It is one of those times forever etched into the minds of people who lived through it. Today, our DD37 is in Gainesville, FL, working for the fire and rescue dept at the site where the minister wants to burn the quran. I worry more about her than DS22. How the world has changed in the last few years - but still remains the same.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
T
T
There is something that happens when I see someone in the grocery store or a restaurant wearing a uniform. I have no idea what these man and women do and go through just to make sure we continue to enjoy freedom and LIFE. But I do know that they can never...NEVER...be thanked enough.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation