Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
Then the absorption COULD be an issue for you but I still bet that you need to raise your dose. Have you talked to your doc about that?

Can you post your labs?

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Then the absorption COULD be an issue for you but I still bet that you need to raise your dose. Have you talked to your doc about that?

Can you post your labs?

I am up to 2 grains per day. Do you think I should raise them more? I don't have my labs but they were no different from what I initially posted.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
MF, do you think it would hurt if I took my dose at bedtime? I will make sure I don't have any snacks, coffee, or caffienated beverages for at least 2 hours beforehand.

That way I can drink coffee in the morning! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
It sounds like you need more to me but the absorption could be an issue. It might make sense to go 2 more weeks at this same dose making sure you are taking it on an empty stomach and see how you feel.

Right now I wouldn't mess with taking it at night because of the half-life issue. I don't know enough about Naturethroid to know if you should be splitting it up or not.

Do you consistently wake up in the middle of the night or very early morning? If so you could take it then.

Conversely you might be able to take it sublingually (letting it dissolve under your tongue) ~ I do this in the afternoons with my Erfa so I don't have to worry about when I've eaten. Try googling "can I take naturethroid sublingually" and see what you get. I bet you can.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

W
W
Well, I've been taking the Levo for a month now and the only things I have noticed is that my hair is still falling out far more than normal and my period is late. Has anyone else had any menstrual irregularities while taking thyroid replacements?

I just don't know what to do about the hair loss anymore. I'm about to give up and just accept the fact that I'm going bald. This is so very frustrating. I'm not supposed to see the doctor again until next month, but I don't think it'll do any good even when I do go, since she didn't even seem to think that thyroid problems have anything to do with hair loss (even though it's one of the symptoms of hypothyroidism and a side affect of Levo).

I would love to get in sooner and discuss the possibility of switching to a natural thyroid replacement medication. I don't know how willing she will be to consider it, and my choice of doctors in my area that take my insurance isn't great. Ugh.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
B
B
"Big problem for someone trying to get over these kinds of problems! Wide awake even after progesterone, Gaba Calm and Melatonin."

Same with me here, i have a worst problem in falling asleep.

B
B
"Then the absorption COULD be an issue for you but I still bet that you need to raise your dose. Have you talked to your doc about that?"

Yes, you need to talk to your doctor about the dosage you should take or you have to change what you are taking.

------------
spironolactone prescribed for male hair loss

T
T
My hair is falling out again. Bleh. But I am getting one of those brazilian keratin treatments after Christmas. I cannot become Tawandabelle with bad hair!!

W
W
For the past 2 days, I actually haven't been losing as much hair. First time in almost 2 years that the hair loss has slowed down some. Could be because I don't have much hair left to lose.

Luri, maybe you and I can form a bald woman's coalition or something.

S
OP Offline
S
writer1

hair loss usually occurs a month to 3 months after major stress/illness/birth, so it makes sense that it would take the same amount of time to stop falling out. My periods get heavier and fortnightly when my tsh is high and that is with mirena coil, when my tsh was 0.4 and i felt good, all I had was spotting, which was more normal for someone with mirena.

My hair is coming out again.... I am going through a the grief stage with this at the moment, really missing what I once had...

I'm sick of not being able to think straight, of always having piles of clothes on, of not being able to take the dog for a walk without stretching properly before hand, of horrible blue hands, with having to force my body to do things, even though the me inside me really does want to do them....
I'm sicking of forgetting what I have said to people, I'm sick of forgetting to send the kids to school with special bits for special days - like DSs book swap today...

and my doctor is good....I had a few good weeks in the summer:
my tsh was 0.4 and my t4 19, since then my tsh is just climbing, doc has just prescribed another increase, so I'll start with that tomorrow

I take my generic tabs in bed in the morning, then have a shower and take the dog for a walk, so usually have my branflakes about 1 1/2 hours later

The other thing is, that when my thyroid is more seriously undertreated I get quite serious night sweats, these stop when my meds are incresed and return as my thyroid gets more wacko.

For ref:

tsh t4 dose prescribed as result of bloods
6.5 12 25mg (Marchish)
3.? 14 50mg (Mayish) In "normal" range, treating symptoms
0.4 19 50mg (Julyish)
10.6 12 75mg (October)
5.3 ? 100mg (November)

Always in slow increments, because I get palpitations after about a week with each increase.

W
W
I have an appointment with my endo tomorrow, so I'm curious to see what my levels will be now that I have been on the Levo for 2 months. I'm going to talk to her about switching to a natural thyroid replacement either way.

I know hair loss is normal after giving birth, so I wasn't too concerned at first. But my baby turned 2 in September, so I'm pretty sure the hair loss isn't due to that. It has actually been slightly better for the past week or so. I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case it starts falling out again, but this is really the first time it has slowed down noticeably in the past 2 years. If I didn't start out with a head of copious, curly hair, I would probably be bald by now.

T
T
OK, resurrecting this for all you thyroid experts. I have had problems with low thyroid in the past, though it has been awhile since I have taken meds because my tests were normal last time.

I had the hair falling out, tiredness, weight gain, etc. But lately my voice has been doing even odder things, It feels like I have on a really tight turtleneck when I lie down, I am hoarse and have a cough even though I am not sick, I am getting more tired, and my moods haven't been as even even though I take my medicine every day. And now I have noticed a sore spot that is like a hard marble on my neck. Could this be related to thyroid? I go to the doc tomorrow for a checkup and want to know what questions to ask.

M
M
Yes, this could definitely be related to thyroid. I'm sure you will find answers here:

www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

It's crucial that you have these tests run:

TSH
Free T3
Free T4 (must be "Free")
Ferritin

Post your results here or look on the above website and they will help you decipher them. Thyroid can be very tricky to treat but many docs don't realize this.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

W
W
This is more of a vent than anything, I suppose, but I'm just really frustrated.

I've been on 50 mcg. of Levo now since Sept. After 3 months, my doctor redid my lab work and said all my levels look good and she was going to keep me on the same medication and dosage.

Fine and dandy, except I still feel like crap ALL THE TIME! My hair doesn't fall out as much, though it's still thin on top. But I just feel so dragged out and generally crappy. I have NO energy, especially at night. I literally feel so lethargic by about 8 o'clock that I can hardly move. I'm constantly freezing. I'm really struggling with depression and feelings of complete hopelessness. I can't lose weight no matter how little I eat or how much I exercise. I can't seem to concentrate on anything at all. Ugh!

I called my doctor a few weeks ago to see if I could convince her to change me over to a natural thyroid replacement, and she never even called me back. Didn't even return my phone call, in spite of the fact that I spoke to someone in the office and left a detailed message about what I was experiencing.

My H is getting frustrated with me because I just can't get up in the evening and do housework and stuff like I used to. I mean, I just CAN'T. It feels like I'm on some sort of drug that's literally slowing down every single bodily process that I have. It takes so much effort just to move.

Oh, and I've been having terrible heartburn the entire time I've been on the Levo. I've never had heartburn before, except when I was pregnant. Now I have it everyday, all day, no matter what I eat. I constantly have this feeling like something is lodged in the base of my throat.

This sucks!!!

M
M
Try the maca root! its a natural HRT! Just do some research on it ... many MANY women replace HRT with maca ...

*shrugs*

W
W
Okay, MrNiceGuy, I'm beginning to get the feeling that you've started a new business venture here? Just a wild guess.

M
M
Nope .. im just excited at the results my wife and I are getting! I can not help but be excited about something when it works ... many ppl say that to me when i explain marriage builders too .. lol .. they think im trying to "sell" it to them.

Sorry if you feel that way .. i can get quite passionate about things if they are a positive experience for me, especially when it effects my daily life lol.

W
W
Nothing wrong with being passionate about something. I would like to find my passion, and my energy, again.

I will research the Maca. I'm actually researching a lot of different treatment options. Now, if only I can find a competent doctor who will work with me on getting this thing fixed.

M
M
www.macaroot.com
www.macasex.com
www.macatalk.com

www.macasure.com

Theres a few to start with for ya smile there is also many FAQ's to dig through too .. I hope your issue gets resolved. My wife was having a hard time with fatigue for a LONG time .. along with an assortment of other "womanly" issues ... they have seemed to disappear after the first week of maca .. we are on week 3 now ...

M
M
Thanks for sharing that, MrNiceGuy. I went online and ordered some MACA to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Exposure 101

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation