Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2431840 10/03/10 09:00 AM
V
OP Offline
V
I thought there was already a kudos thread for you, but I couldn't seem to find it. So here:

hurray

I always like your posts - you are clear and to the point, and cut through BS (NOT the spousal version) admirably.

I particularly enjoyed this one:

Originally Posted by maritalbliss

Originally Posted by Anita_be_nice
I have been knowing a colleague for over e yera now and never thought of him as someone I could like,bceause married men are ''off limits'' according to me...I've grown to know him oevr this last year (e-mails, visits to office, text msg)and I kind of like him, but never thought about acting on that..

I 'kinda like' a lot of men that I work with in my job. I 'kinda like' a lot of women, too. Ooohhhh. You mean you kinda LIKE him. Anita, you are a big girl, right? I mean, you're not just some quivering nerve that is helplessly exposed to stimulation, correct? You've got a brain attached to your neck, I assume. Then you know that married men are OFF LIMITS for romance. You have identified that you will not accept this boundary. You have identified that you do not respect marriage, yourself, or the OM's wife. Why do you have no self-respect? Why would you do such a horrid, life-shattering thing to another woman? Do you realize that some betrayed wives have killed themselves after the A came to light, because of the horrific emotions that they have to deal with? Are you aware that many betrayeds have compared their spouse's A to rape or the death of a child, and have said the affair IS WORSE???? Is the temporary attention of a POS like OM worth the life sentence you are handing down to this woman??

He says his marriage is not good (but I know they all do whan they want to get someone into bed) but I feel trmendous guilt to be caught up in this situation.

Hooo boy, that's a knee-slapper, right there. Yep, every POS married man on the prowl for a little piece of strange has a bad marriage. My H had a 'bad marriage' when he was screwing around with the office secretary/skank. It was funny, in an unfunny way, how his marriage immediately improved the day I learned about the affair and he was begging me not to leave him! puke

I told him he should sort out his life and then call me if he still likes me. He says he's in love with me, but I am affraid he might be just infatuated and loves the thrill of the chase, i.e. the fact that i did not give in when tempted...

Here's what you're not getting: there's nothing for him to sort out. It's all quite simple for him: he is married and intends to stay that way (or he would have been divorced and out of his 'bad' marriage by now.) He wants a little nooky, and you'll do. Very simple. Nothing to untangle, here.

How do I get out of this mess...I tried to tell him no contact until he sorts himself out, but only lasted for 3 days after which he e-mailed and said he does not understand why can we not have reasonable conversations...

Because he has indicated that he wants to get in your pants. That's when reasonable conversation time is over. Duh, OM.

I said ok, we can have limited contacts as friends, but he should not tell me how he feels or push me to arrange to meet him.....I am just scared that this tactic iw wrong, as conversation leads to emotional bonding...

Darn. Just when I thought you had a lick of sense. NO, YOU CANNOT HAVE CONTACT 'AS FRIENDS' WITH A MARRIED MAN WHO WANTS TO GET IN YOUR PANTS! doh2 Look at your next statement and you'll see why:

It doesn't help that I miss him, too if I don't hear from him for more than a day....
I know it's a stupid, childish mess and it's obvious what's the right thing to do, but it's easier said than done frown
Anyone been in this situation?

Yeah, just about every wayward has been in your situation, Anita. They typically end up here, trying to save their M after the affair is found out by their spouse. We may get to meet your OM, after you screw around with him and his wife finds out. And she will, Anita. They always do. Then you get the fun of having to apologize to her, which, of course, does absolutely squat toward helping her heal from this terrible, life-destroying thing that you've done to her.

You want to end this? Here's how: block OM from your phone and email. Go through the withdrawal that you'll experience for a day or two.

If you really wanted to be a big girl, I would suggest that you inform OM's wife that you and OM have been involved in an emotional affair, and that he feels he loves you, based on little more than phone calls and text messages (which should tell you just how outlandish his claims of love are.) She needs to be warned so she knows what her husband is up to and she can keep an eye on him. Because you're not the only one he is chasing, Anita. You are NOT SPECIAL.

Make the right deision. You know what that is.

Original here.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
M
M
Thank you, Mrs. Vanilla. I'm just trying to help. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

V
OP Offline
V
Well, IMVHO, you do a great job, and the board is a better place for it! smile

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
M
M
Agree! MaritalBliss does an awesome job!! hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
I just wish I had written that on this forum 2 years ago and got that response! I would not be posting here trying to save my marriage!!!!!

Me WW: 34
BH/WH: 36
Married 3 years
Together 9 years
DDay: 3/10
NC: 7/100
Plan B
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Agree! MaritalBliss does an awesome job!! hurray

Awwww, shucks, you guys! blush Come here, everyone - big group hug!

kiss

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
I agree, we love MB.... dance2

[Linked Image from millan.net]

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
V
OP Offline
V
Awww, great group hug smiley!

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
A
A
hmmm....not sure if I should be angry or join the aplauding ? :P
smile just joking, MeritalBliss did a good job, I agree !

so did all of you wink

M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
I agree, we love MB.... dance2

[Linked Image from millan.net]

Stilly, your smileys always crack me up!

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Originally Posted by Anita_be_nice
hmmm....not sure if I should be angry or join the aplauding ? :P
smile just joking, MeritalBliss did a good job, I agree !

so did all of you wink

You know what I think, Anita? I think you're a smart girl. I think you have the right stuff. And I think you're going to do the right thing.

And I think (starting to see smoke coming out of my ears from all this thinking? laugh ) you could potentially be one of our more important resources on this board. You are bright, articulate and have a sense of right and wrong that will hopefully steer you away from what could be an enormous train-wreck in yours and other people's lives. If you do the right thing, of course.

I expect to see you on here, counselling others who are flirting with disaster. Are you up to the challenge?

And BTW, that's MaritalBliss. I think that brings us full-circle. grin

D-Day 2-10-2009

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation