Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2433276 10/08/10 03:37 PM
S
SusieQ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Kris is an acquaintance. I asked her if she would like some MB links and she said she would so I told her I would post in a thread here for her.

Her H is in the military and she recently discovered he is having an A. She is thinking of doing a FB exposure to OW friends and family but she is concerned about it pushing her H further away.

I hope she will post! {{{Kris}}} Links/reading to follow.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
SusieQ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Facebook exposure letters

Dear friend of Joe Scumbag,

It grieves me to write this letter but I believe all of his friends should know the kind of person he really is. Joe had an affair with my wife, Sally, from Aug until September. I believe that his friends should know this, so you can protect your marriage from him. My wife and I have 2 small daughters and this affair has almost wrecked our marriage.

I would be happy to provide the evidence to anyone who asks.

I would appreciate it if someone would notify his parents and ask them to call me at xxx-www-xxxx.

Thank you, BH

Dear friend of Skankyhola,

It grieves me to write this letter but I believe all of her friends should be aware that Skanky is having an affair with my husband, Joe. We have been married for 5 years. They have been having this affair since October according to the evidence.
I would be happy to provide the evidence to anyone who asks.

I would ask that you use your influence with Skanky to persuade her to leave my husband alone. You should also watch your own husbands around her because she is no friend to marriage.

I would appreciate it if someone would notify her parents and ask them to call me at xxx-www-xxxx.
Thank you, BW

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
SusieQ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Pepperband
The Carrot and the Stick of Plan A

The carrot of Plan A

Meeting your wandering spouse's emotional needs.

Making "home" a warm and inviting place to be.

Placing emphasis on what has worked in the marriage.

Showing consistent self improvement in areas where previously lacking.

Stop lovebusting behaviors.

Communicating with a calm reassuring voice and relaxed body language, even in the center of a verbal storm created by the infidel.

Becoming the person any reasonable spouse would want to come home to.

Remaining open to the possibility of recovery.

Offering forgiveness and understanding.

The stick of Plan A

Exposing adultery where it matters most. Exposure that takes the form of a swift and sudden unexpected tsunami of truth.

Not apologizing for exposure or speaking the truth in a kind yet direct way.

Directly communicating the hurt and devastation that the affair has caused.

Not accepting blame for the infidel's choice to become adulterous.

Let the consequences of adultery and infidelity fall freely upon the heads of the adulterous.

Establishing boundaries that disallow the affair to effect children of the marriage, financal security of the marriage, and otherwise ruin innocent bystanders.

Standing up to infidelity as a beast that must be slayed for the good of the family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plan A is both a *carrot* and a *stick*.

Please read the whole Carrot & Stick thread if you get a chance:
Carrot & Stick of Plan A
Hang in there!

Last edited by SusieQ; 10/08/10 03:48 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Kris, Welcome and I am sorry that you find yourself here. SusieQ is a great person to be friends with. I hope that you will find the courage to post so we can give you some more help and support. Welcome.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
My husband exposed on FB this is what he wrote on his wall.

"Just let you know my wife and so and so is having an affair, if you want to email me or msg me for more information please do so."

Killed the affair dead on it's tracks!

Was I mad?

OF COURSE!!

I left 2 days later BUT!

The affair was dead
The fog was lifted
And I wanted my family back.

HMM....tough decision.

M
M
Hi Kris,

I am SusieQ's sister and discovered my H was having an A last year. I was lost for about 3 weeks until I talked to SusieQ and she led me here. Thanks to the help of my sisters and MB, I launched a successful Plan A.

Do expose as soon as possible! I really like Sapphire's idea. The one thing I wish I had done differently about my FB exposure was to expose to more people on FB. I only exposed to 8 mutual friends between OW and me, and one of her family members.

I urge you to post your story here, read as much as you can, and ask all the questions you need to. MB'ers are a great source of advice and support, and Susie is great too.

All the best of luck to you.

Me, BS, 35 - H, FWS, 38
Married 15 years, 4.5 years into Recovery
EA/PA 7/09-9/09
DDay 9/5/09, started Plan A
Exposed 9/13/09, started preparing for Plan B
H finally confessed and agreed to NC 9/27/09, never went to Plan B
Still a MB rookie, but striving to learn more and put it into practice every day... w/ FWH along for the ride
K
K
Hello - I am Kris

I have been married to H for just over 6yrs. We have a 4yr old son. H has been in the Military our entire marriage. I believe that the Affair started about the middle of August. The photos she sent him and then he sent to his friend were from August 26th.
The OW is apparently 20yrs old, H is nearly 30.
Since finding out I have tried to get him to realize what he is throwing away and that I am more than willing and wanting to work and repair our marriage,our son and I will move to his duty station. He just wants to be left alone, I am backing him into a corner he claims and not letting him think and by doing that making him resist.
He will not fly in to meet with me face to face and try talking to someone before he really decides.
He is beginning to screw with my son and I financially. Which has now pushed me into anger since he has promised he wouldn't.

I am now planning to turn him in for the Affair to the Military on Monday. I had said I was turning him in when I first discovered Monday night, that sent him into a rage and he said I was screwing with his career and therefore screwing myself and son financial. Pretty much threating me.

I am sorry if this seems scattered and unorganized. My head is feeling very jumbled.

M
M
Originally Posted by KristinaM
I am now planning to turn him in for the Affair to the Military on Monday. I had said I was turning him in when I first discovered Monday night, that sent him into a rage and he said I was screwing with his career and therefore screwing myself and son financial. Pretty much threating me.

Hi Kris, welcome to Marriage Builders. You are very lucky that you have 2 people helping you who have both saved their marriages.

You are doing the right thing in exposing the affair. I would strongly suggest that you expand your circle and expose to everyone on the same day. His parents, yours, the OW's parents/family/facebook friends. Everyone should know about the affair.

Affairs thrive on secrecy, so exposing it can be very effective in killing it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
SusieQ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Kris, I am so glad you stopped by and that you already have some wonderful folks posting to you smile

**Just as an aside, I have only sent Kris a few FB messages to see if she would be interested in MB and to give some words of support (so please don't assume that I am giving her a ton of guidance and feel free to help her out!)**

Originally Posted by KristinaM
Please do not tell your WH (or OW) of any further plans you might have to expose the A. It's your secret tool!

Have you read up on Plan A & Lovebusters? I can't recommend that enough. Before I landed here, I was commiting major lovebusters practically every time I interacted with my WH and it was pushing him further and further away from me... It was the hardest part but best part of my Plan A to get those under control...

Hang in there!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
H
H
Originally Posted by SusieQ
She is thinking of doing a FB exposure to OW friends and family but she is concerned about it pushing her H further away.

You can't push someone away that is already gone.

I was furious when my wife exposed my A. The A continued even after exposure.... And I even tried to spin the exposure to make it look like my wife was just being vengeful. (that spin backfired... most of the people really weren't as stupid as I thought)

The exposure had a huge impact on the A. Not IMMEDIATE, but it was HUGE!

Never be afraid of the truth. He is counting on your own embarassment about his A to keep you in line.

Your H is gone right now!

He's been replaced with an identical look alike. This look alike has no common sense, no rational thought, and cares about no one except himself. This look alike is in effect... BRAIN DEAD!

Exposure is like an IV line that will help send vital nutrients back in to his system. His system needs some reality because he is OD'ing on fantasy. His system needs some reality because he is under the impression that his actions only affect him.

Exposure, carried out swiftly and correctly, will also allow you to regain the dignity that his choices have been trying to steal from you.

The idea that exposure will push a spouse away IMO is a lie that that is peddled by those that have allowed that dignity to stripped away.

Hang in there and remember, YOU have the high ground.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
S
S
Kris, I agree that you will need to do your exposure swiftly and wide. Around here, we call it Nuclear Exposure. There is no guarantee that your WH will lose his job. There have been people who have not.

The most important part about exposure is that it shines light on the affair. Even if the affair doesn't end right away, as my WH's has not, you have told the truth and your WH is unable to spin it.

You need to do some digging and get the OW's family on that exposure list. Get a message to them. I don't see how a mother or father could be okay with their 20 year old daughter having an affair with a married father.

I know how you feel. We all do. We were once in your shoes. MB helped us get to where we are today. Welcome. This is a safe place for you to learn and do the best for your marriage and yourself.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
SusieQ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by HerPapaBear
Your H is gone right now!

He's been replaced with an identical look alike. This look alike has no common sense, no rational thought, and cares about no one except himself. This look alike is in effect... BRAIN DEAD!
So true. The reason that Dr Harley has had so much success in helping couples overcome infidelity is that he recognized early in his career the similarities between people in affairs and people with other addictions ~ the justifications, the foggy behavior and not caring about anything other than getting a fix...

While your WH is taking hits off the crackpipe (the affair), he is foggy and he IS NOT YOUR H.

When my H was in the throes of his A, he didn't care about me, our children, pets, etc., and these changes seemed to happen almost overnight. I couldn't believe how cold he seemed towards my sadness. Everyone said things like he was going through depression, MLC, childhood issues were coming to the surface. But after reading here, I have come to learn that this is so common with waywards. But after a few weeks after NC, he was extremely remorseful, ashamed, and wished he had never gotten involved in the A.

So anyway, you wrote about being very angry that he is doing things with your finances, etc ~ I just wanted to encourage you to try to bust up the A 1st(with exposure) and see if you can't get your REAL H back, instead of the foggy wayward you are dealing with now, before making any rash decisions to move to Plan D/FU...

Hang in there.

Last edited by SusieQ; 10/09/10 09:56 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
M
Since you are considering doing the exposure on Monday...

you MAY want to consider going to the bank FIRST and protecting yourself to the extent you can.

IF you have a joint account with him that contains the "family money", you have every legal right to withdraw it all and move it into YOUR name (not as punishment but merely to protect yourself and your child). If it's a substantial enough amount that you don't feel the need to take 100% of it...consider taking 2/3rds (your 1/3rd and your childs 1/3rd). Later, if and when you ever find yourself in court defending yourself from accusations of "absconding" with the family assets...you can easily "defend" your actions by rationally explaining how you computed taking 2/3rds of the money and you can track where the money went and how it was spent thereafter (keep records just in case).

Further...by protecting the money you are also protecting your WH from spending all the family money on OW and his selfish pursuit of waywardism. Waywards BLOW money of such wasteful things and, later, if they recover, regret it (on top of everything else). Protecting the money...actually protects him too.

If there's really no any family money to "protect" you MAY have to consider pursing a temporary support order much sooner than you'd otherwise consider it. After you expose, the typical initial wayward reaction is anger. He may try to punish you by withholding money completely and obviously you will need to be prepared to act immediately to rectify such on behalf of yourself AND your child. Be prepared to lawyer up (which is another reason choosing to expose on a monday is a smart choice....gives you five business days to assess the fallout and respond if necessary).

Do not protect him from the consequences of his choices.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
S
SusieQ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was reading through my FB messages this morning and happened to run across the one between myself and Kris discussing exposure & MB... Figured I should update this thread to say Kris killed the A and by looking at her FB page, it seems she and her H are very happy.

Exposure works!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 656 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation