Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
E
I may believe there are absolute truths. Yet there is room in my world for those who don't believe there are absolute truths.

MB is not about is their an absolute truth or not, but will I allow others to have a different view than mine and treat them with love and respect even if I don't agree.

That means that while I may not agree, I don't resort to name calling (yes I did say stupid, guilty!) or other verbal bullying techniques.

Now, if something doesn't add up, such as above when it was proposed there are no moral absolutes, which is a self-contradicting statement, I can call out the logical fallacy without being unloving or disrespectful.

Perhaps one can even say stupid without being disrespectful. Such as, "In most cases it's stupid to borrow money at 29.9% interest."

S
S
Originally Posted by Captain76
I love that you think you have me figured out. You don't though. I am NOT (and have not) defended adultery. I have no problem with disagreements. People have such a differing view of the world that it would be impossible to agree on everything.

This discussion has certainly taken a turn towards unproductive. I will not and have not defended adultery. All I have done was to defend my position against absolute black/white situations at ALL times.

This is the same line of thinking that would say killing another person is NEVER okay because the Bible says thou shalt not kill. Black and white = never okay to kill. Reality of the situation is there are several justifiable reasons (IMO) to take another man's life. But that's not what the Bible says.

First I find it funny that you compare murdering someone to adultery...I can think of some justifiable reasons to kill someone, self defense etc...you know to save yours or your loved ones life when in eminant danger...

When is it necessary for you to have sex with someone who is not your spouse? Because you need some sex to save your own life? Youre gonna die if you dont get some?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Oh, I guess I forgot what my second point was...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

G
G
Who in their right mind would enter into a relationship with a MM or MW? I'll tell you. Those who have issues, i.e. self-centeredness, no ability to set limits for themselves, no thought for the children in the marriage, those who stupidly believe the WMM/WMW. They are as selfish and thoughtless, in fact, narcissistic as you are.

OPs are probably trying to fix father/mother issues of emotional abandonment and feel that, if she/he could just get MM/MW to forsake all others, then one would feel whole again.

I don't even pity OPs. They do have my full distain, however, and rightly so. Go find a single man or woman. What's the problem with doing that.

Gerberdaisies

Female
BW
XWH
Divorced
9 years married
2 years had known spouse before marriage
Both EA&PA
OP was: single
OP was:co-worker
K
K
That would make too much sense; sense the OPs don't have.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
G
G
Originally Posted by karmasrose
That would make too much sense; sense the OPs don't have.

I know karmasrose. What part of "he or she is not unavailable" does OP not understand?

GD

Female
BW
XWH
Divorced
9 years married
Both EA&PA
K
K
The "no/not" part.

They don't comprehend that word. dramaqueen <--- They do that until they get what they want.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
G
G
Did you expect a welcome when you got here? I can only think that you motive is to piss on this forum like you'd like to piss on the MW. Talk about selfish...

GB

Female
BW
XWH
Divorced
9 years married
Both EA&PA
G
G
I just found out that OP is actually a separated wayward wife. She is married, as well as he is. She's twelve years younger than soon-to-be(?) divoring married man. Frikin' twisted. Does anyone believe in marriage anymore? I know there are people committed to marriage, but I think these two are selfish beyond comprehension. GB

Last edited by Gerberdaisies; 10/07/10 07:59 AM.

Female
BW
XWH
Divorced
9 years married
Both EA&PA
S
S
Sometimes I think the only people that believe in marriage and commitment anymore are posting on this website....Sadly.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

G
G
Yes, it is sad. We could be really great people but those who are not seem to hook up. Interesting dynamic. GB

Female
BW
XWH
Divorced
9 years married
Both EA&PA
P
P
In my case, the POSOM needed a place to live and place to park his horses. In fact, he was also a relative of my exWW's. So, if our marriage was "sooo bad" as my ex WW put it, wouldn't you think a RELATIVE would advise a MARRIED relative with KIDS to go to counseling and such to work on the marriage instead of trying bed the relative? Na, he needed a place to live and did not care about the damage wrecked on the children.

Me BH 49 WXW 50
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
S
S
Yes a relative with MORALS would advise a married relative with kids to work on their M? You would think!!! But come to find out these OP have no morals or compassion for anyone else but themselves!!!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

G
G
You sound so much like an OW, I had to out you. I was happy to do that.

Female
BW
XWH
Divorced
9 years married
Both EA&PA
G
G
TOW is such an offensive website that I hope it crumbles soon. TOW and Marriage Builders for an equal amount of time? Are you kidding me? You must either be a con artist or have split personality disorder.

GB

Female
BW
XWH
Divorced
9 years married
Both EA&PA
I
itried Offline OP
OP Offline
I
gerber you wrote:

" just found out that OP is actually a separated wayward wife. She is married, as well as he is. She's twelve years younger than soon-to-be(?) divoring married man. Frikin' twisted. Does anyone believe in marriage anymore? I know there are people committed to marriage, but I think these two are selfish beyond comprehension. GB"

Who are u talking about, b/c that certainly not me? I have belonged to both boards though for a long period of time. However, if you look at my thread count for both boards I do not post all the time. In fact, I have gone about a year sometimes w/ no posts on either.

I don't have split personality. I joined TOW when my life was more in tuned w/ being the OW. I joined here about a year later as I noticed we had several MB posters that came to TOW to get OW perspective. That is how I learned of MB board. I had a few ?s at the time about dealing w/ BS, especially as I had her child at the time 50% of each week. I now find that most of the TOW threads do not interest me. I feel I have more in common here on MB as I am in a GREAT M and am trying to keep it that way.

I mean no harm. I have never hidden my identity. I never insult posters on either board. I just offer my opinion when I feel I can offer something productive.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it! - my take on the old proverb.

WS
Separated from H 10/15/10 due to an issue regarding parenting issues
Back w/ MM
DD - 16 mine from previous R
DFSD 9 - Raising DD of XMM/XH - She may not be mine biologically, but she is in every way that counts.
2 DS - grown and in the US Marines
H - has no kids.
TOW - femalesargeant
Things sure change quickly in your life. OW hat firmly back in place again huh? Well...actually...I suppose it was never removed. Just covered up momentarily.

Darlin'...there's not a blessed thing "Stable"(atlast) about you. I will certainly pray for this child in your care...seems she never had a chance in this life. THAT'S the biggest shame in all of this. The kids brought into these situations who get skewed values & lessons in morality. Exactly why this society is on this huge down-slide & will continue unless people wake up & get HELP for their afflictions.

I'm so SICK of this fickle a$$ society...it's SICKENING.

But THIS is CRAZY!:

http://gloryb.com/forum/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=035757

4eva

BW-47
WH-46
Married 21 yrs.
D-19
S-15
OC-14/born 9/99
NC
Dday #1 10/30/04
Dday #2 7/2/12 Skank ho #2 (40ish, childless, single & desperate; the world is becoming over-run with them...just like cheaters)
S
S
Originally Posted by stableatlast
I now find that most of the TOW threads do not interest me. I feel I have more in common here on MB as I am in a GREAT M and am trying to keep it that way.

I mean no harm. I have never hidden my identity. I never insult posters on either board. I just offer my opinion when I feel I can offer something productive.
That was written on Thursday, and by Monday you were back on the other site, gleefully reclaiming your ID as an OW! You have kicked out your H and taken up with your MM!

Yes. The OP is always selfish.

That poor child. There are many decent would-be adoptive parents who would love to have her and who would give her the childhood and family life that she deserves.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
I guess its time for a name change for stableatlast....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
and to think her BH decided to look past her past behavior and married her inspite of everything.... from what we were told.... AWESOME!!!! and i hope her BH has a clue as to what was really going on!

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation