Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 140 of 199 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 198 199
M
M
Well Scotty, I am closer to the D and I still say husband, of course sometimes I refer to him as the A$$h@le. smile

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
S
Now thats perfect...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
N
N

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Neak

Would I need to use air quotes. grin thanx Neak. smile

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
Originally Posted by johnstwin
I would refer to my FXH as "my kids' dad" for a long time. It was easier than saying "ex".

Mybabbydaddy? confused

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
S
S
my two sense..... i refered to him as my husband until i filed for divorce.... then it was just his first name or my DD father. I do call him my xh now but not all the time usually dd dad or his first name.

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
N
N
I personally though "douche" was a nice touch. And I HATE that word (I ranks up there with "piehole"...... rant2)

How about "alien-invader"????....

Not

S
S
Sorry Not.....but I still prefer A$$h@le....Only, I cant call him that if my son is around.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
When I first found out about A, I put WH name in my phone as Satan....He found out and he said he loved it...when he knew I was in church one day he called and thought it was hystercal that Satan was calling me in Church...

A$$h@le.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
OP Offline
S
Well, in my speed dial for both my home and cell, Wh#&EFACE's numbers ARE under that name. grin

Alien-invader would be fine except then I would need to explain. It's for the times when I am talking to people who don't know Bampot. If I said his name, I would have to explain who he is, then I say, "My husband." Maybe I could say, "The man I married?" Sounds cheesy. "Husband" it is. laugh

Still, I do call Bampot those other names and sometimes worse. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
D
Thanks for the updates, Scotland. Best of luck in your Plan B.

And be very careful with your personal trainer. Remember your own Extraordinary Precautions... a PT is in a unique position to meet your needs in many, many ways. Keep your walls high, you're very vulnerable right now!

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
S
OP Offline
S
DNM, don't worry, I have already been given "the talk" by all of the other MBers about the personal trainer. Although I say personal, we actually go as a class with at least 2 of us. And I will NOT go alone. He doesn't have my number, if he needs to contact me, it's through my friends. I see him a few hours a week and that's it. Thanx for looking out for me, I know it is said out of love(See Opt, it is said to EVERYONE dealing with an active A grin ).

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
When I first found out about A, I put WH name in my phone as Satan....He found out and he said he loved it...when he knew I was in church one day he called and thought it was hystercal that Satan was calling me in Church...

A$$h@le.

Now that made me chuckle; but I totally agree - A$$h@le!

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
M
M
given "the talk"

I keep getting the talk from my doctor; give yourself some time, it takes a year to love again, make sure you use condoms (blah).
I keep telling him - not remotely interested in that or a relationship for that matter.

Why does everyone seem to push for us to move on to the next relationship? I feel as though I have barely had enough time to grieve such a traumatic and devastating loss. Sometimes when thinking about the situation I still occasionally cannot catch my breath. Yet even my friends (whom I love dearly) are starting to contemplate who they can set me up with. Again Blah. Sorry Scotty for rambling.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

N
N
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

A$$h@le.

rotflmao That's actually pretty priceless, stillhere! Would've been better if he had actually repented though...

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
N
N
I have trouble saying "husband" AND "ex-husband" right now. Husband seems to intimate, like it's a lie now, and ex is just too final. It actually angers me when I hear people calling him that... Husband until the divorce is final, I guess. I just say his name, or The Jerk.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
S
OP Offline
S
NP, I just used to HATE it when people would say "your ex." I used to correct them and say, "We are still married." Now, I don't say anything. I try not to talk about him too much either. It seems to help. I don't call him mean names to anyone IRL, except you guys and myself. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
well if you want a creative name... a friend of mine refers and has for about a year and half now (a year an half after the affair started)to my now XH as PLANKTON.... as in the stuff below sea barnkles. Her daughter told her it was the lowest form of sea life.... so that is how she has always refered to him.

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
S
OP Offline
S
Okay guys. I have a confession(won't surprise PM though). I have been acting as my own email IM for the past few months. My IMs became unreliable and hard to reach. I would send messages through their email but I would send it as if it were written by them. Problem came up when I realized that Bampot could have found out that I sent the emails by reading the full headings(thank you spying thread). It had been okay, at least emotionally for me, until this morning.

This month, Bampot and I get paid 3 times. I figured out a way to ensure that I would have enough money to cover my house bills in case he didn't pay me for the third pay cheque. I am prepared because I am always thinking about possibilities. Well, he sent this email yesterday, in response to my email that he had overpayed half of DS10's boxing training money.
Originally Posted by turdman
I have transferred the $35 back.

Based on your original demand of $800 per month I will not be transferring over $400 my next pay.

If the boys require anything please let me know and I will see if I can get it for them
This was at 835 pm

This morning, I woke up to this email
Originally Posted by Turdman w/OW
I wanted to inform you that after 3 more months of covering half of DS10's boxing you will have to take my half out of the $800/month I transfer over for them.

I agreed to pay half and is why I am going to cover 3 more months.

This decision is based on actions of your own.

During the winter time I told the boys I was going to take them tobogganing. You send them without snow pants. Since snow pants are very expensive I could not just go buy them that day. Therefore I had to disappoint the boys and not take them tobogganing.
The one time I took them skating. I am impressed they were allowed to bring skates and helmets.

I had them sleep over night in the last few weeks. You sent them without pajamas or a change of clothes for the next day. I had to take the little money I had set aside for the sleep over and go buy them PJs and clothes to wear.

When I pick them up on Saturdays and Sundays the first thing they ask me if they can have breakfast. I make sure they have a good lunch and a healthy supper while they are here.
Quite often when I call and talk to DS10 or talk to them on the weekend about the week they inform me they had gone to Subway or Chinese Restaurant.

Based on some of these things I going to stop sending money for extra things so I have funds to cover when they are with me.

I am not reacting to it, but I am going to act now. I am going to put some legal pressure on Bampot and he is going to see something that he didn't expect. No more Mrs. Nice Scotty. Yes, I WAS being nice before. He awoke the dragon in me. It is not going to be evil (although I so want to tow the car to her driveway and let it be HIS headache).

I am not entering Plan F/U, I am still going to do this by the MB way, I am just angry and when I am angry I do my best work. grin

I have already given myself all of the 2x4's and I will be the first to advocate not doing it this way. I am currently changing my IM so no worries. This time, I will stick to complete darkness(I told you guys I was human and I often make mistakes but if I didn't learn from them, I would be CRAZY wink )

On a funnier note, Guess what the kids had for dinner today? Kraft dinner. Hot dogs were for lunch. That sounds healthy and filling to me, DS10 has been eating for the last 1.5 hours since they arrived home. And speaking of them arriving home, I didn't hear them ring the doorbell, the batteries must have died in it, then I heard them knocking. I went to the door and I could see through the shadows, that Bampot was still there. I unlocked the door. Then I heard Bampot say, "Is she there? Are you sure?" DS10 said, "Yes, I didn't have a key." I was standing right behind the door. DS10 could see me, but Bampot couldn't, he said, "Go inside and make sure she is there." My mom's car was parked outside, how did he think it got there? I whispered to DS10, just go inside and then come back out and tell him I am home. He did this. He came out and said, "She's home." Bampot said, "Did you see her face?" DS10 said, "Yes, she IS home."

The kids and I went inside and I said, "I am sorry, I didn't hear the doorbell." DS10 said, "Well, Daddy drove around the block twice."

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
N
N
Get your new IM team set up yesterday, girl! I'm not going to bother clobbering ya, because I know you already know everything I could tell you.

I agree with your decision to go the legal route for what he pays. When it's official, you both know what to expect, and someone else can play the enforcer if he decides it isn't convenient for him to pay for something he agreed to.

Ok, just one time I can't help it.
twoxfour

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Page 140 of 199 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 198 199

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation