Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2437101 10/21/10 03:37 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Has anyone had to confess an affair to their spouse after contracting an STD? The spouse has not been infected.

A
OP Offline
A
I realize this is a gross, taboo subject but I need help and prayer too. I have prayed for forgiveness. I did a very stupid and irresponsible thing and now have to pay for it. I am begging for some advice.

S
S
I am certain that there are some people who HAVE confessed after they contracted an STI, I am more certain that they usually do so after the betrayed spouse also contracts the same STI and finds out from a doctor.

Are you the person who had an affair?

How old are you? How old is your spouse? Do you have any children together? Is this your first marriage? Spouses first marriage?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
I am begging for some advice.
My best advice is to tell your spouse. Have you ended your affair?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
OP Offline
A
Yes, I am the one. I am in my late 30's, spouse in 40's. Way to old. I went to the doctor without symptoms just to be safe and found this out. We have beautiful children. We have not been intimate since before the one night stand.

A
OP Offline
A
I am going to. I was going to anyway. Yes,it was just a one time thing.

S
S
Okay, you had a ONS. How did this happen?

When are you going to tell your husband?

Do you see the OM ever?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
OP Offline
A
He is an alcoholic. I have told him my feelings for several years of how I felt alone. He's never been abusive or mean & is gainfully employed. There is so much more. he finally sought counselling this week. I snapped a few weeks ago after another druken afternoon & I had asked him repeatedly to slow down. And I decided to go out and get drunk which I do NOT do.

I am going to tell him tonight.

NEVER!!!

S
S
You are doing the right thing. Your Husband has a right to know. Take care.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
G
G
Ambroken,

Whatever you do, do not blame your ONS on his alcoholism.

God Bless
Gamma

M
M
Originally Posted by ambroken
Yes, I am the one. I am in my late 30's, spouse in 40's. Way to old. I went to the doctor without symptoms just to be safe and found this out. We have beautiful children. We have not been intimate since before the one night stand.

I'm not sure what you mean by "way to old." Can you elaborate?
Please answer Scotland's questions - it will help us to help you.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

A
OP Offline
A
I didn't. I took/take full responsibilty for my actions. No matter what I was feeling, I have no excuse for what I did. I am thankful I have a loving God who will forgive me, I have prayed that he will restore my marriage. I know that is a lot to ask of him but maybe someday he will.

A
OP Offline
A
I meant that I am way to old to act the way that I did. I am sorry but what did I not answer? I am trying to be honest, that is why I came here because I don't have anywhere else to turn.

A
OP Offline
A
I am sorry, I did not see the part about marriage. It is my second marriage. I was married very young. It is his 3rd. We have been married for a long time.

M
M
I am sorry, I did not see the part about marriage. It is my second marriage. I was married very young. It is his 3rd. We have been married for a long time.

You said four days ago that you were going to tell your H. What was his reaction?

D-Day 2-10-2009

A
OP Offline
A
He was very hurt and angry of course. He says he knows that I love him but he doesn't know how he feels now. I am trying to give him space but be there when he wants me to be. I've been praying for God to take his pain away. He had a counseling session scheduled for today but I'm not sure he is going to attend or not.

M
M
He was very hurt and angry of course. He says he knows that I love him but he doesn't know how he feels now. I am trying to give him space but be there when he wants me to be. I've been praying for God to take his pain away. He had a counseling session scheduled for today but I'm not sure he is going to attend or not.

Stop praying to God to do your work for you. YOU inflicted this on him, and YOU have to do what it takes to help him heal.

I would suggest you show him this site, and both of you read the articles together.

D-Day 2-10-2009

T
T
I would buy or check out from a library Surviving an Affair. It is an excellent book. I also echo reading the articles on this site. Since you are a person of faith, you know that we are to bear the "fruits of repentance." That means a change in thoughts and in actions. What kind of fruit are you bearing?

A
OP Offline
A
I know what I have done, I am by know way, shape or form minimizing that. I am and will do what ever it takes to take away his pain. But I also know that I will need God's love and grace to help me and so will he. I am just trying to save my marriage from the destruction that I have caused.

A
OP Offline
A
I am planning on buying that book, there is also a book by Nancy Anderson. She was unfaithful and it tells her side and his side and how they have repaired there marriage. I would love to read these articles with my husband. Right now he doesn't want to do any of that. That's one of the things I meant by praying for him and our marriage. That he will want to take steps with me. I know that it will take time and I will wait and give him all of the time he needs. I know I don't deserve a second chance with him but I pray that he will give me one.

I am completely re-examining my life. I have been judgemental of others, held on to things that I should have let go a long time ago and obviously did not turn to my God when I needed him the most. I want to change my life not just because of what I have done but forever.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation