Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2440719 11/05/10 09:16 AM
OP Offline
I'm asking for prayers that my WH can stay committed to the work we need to do to recover from his A. I can see him losing interest and us slipping back into our old roles and patterns of relating.

BS(me) 47
WH 48
DDay 7/9/10
M 21 years
4 children,17,16,13, and 10
S
S
To 6yearsoflies:

I am saying a prayer for you right now !!
Going to church later today and I will say another prayer.

I am new to this site -- we aren't overcoming PA's ourselves but maybe some mis-understood EA's.

I started MB in order to learn how to find Romantic Love. But I am learning there are a lot of betrayed spouses and D-Days. And... it really sounds like a lt of marriage's can recover in a spectacular way.

Did you say four children? Us too. Don't you think four is a great number of kids? A lot of work -- no doubt. Can be consuming and lead to neglect in other areas of life including self and marriage. But with MB work I think we can learn how to make this so glorious and not hard work at all.

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
A
A
Heavenly Father hear the prayers of this wife and mother. Continue to lead her husband to repentance and show them both that marriage is not something taken lightly. Marriage is a committment that takes work. There are those who recover from affairs, but they have to admit their faults and failures, so I pray this husband will identify his and seek out wisdom. May the Lord bless this marriage so that it may rebuild for the sake of the children and the lives of all envolved.

In Jesus name,
Amen

OP Offline
Thank you

BS(me) 47
WH 48
DDay 7/9/10
M 21 years
OP Offline
I so appreciate the prayers offered here. I am struggling so much with overcoming the resentment i feel toward my husband. It seems I should be happy that he left the other woman, but I get so focused on the pain he caused me that it is hard to meet his needs or to even allow him to meet mine. I need to learn more about forgiveness and I am preaying ever day for guidance.

BS(me) 47
WH 48
DDay 7/9/10
M 21 years
A
A
This may sound difficult but consider his slipping of interest as an internal change for the better. None of us look as good going into the fire of purifaction as we do when we come out. The stability of committment he needs and you seek from him, will come. His willingness was the first step. Now be prepared to go to war with Satan but with God on your side. The breakdown of society is what Satan seeks and the destruction of marriage is his top priority. Your WH is going through an internal withdrawl because he has to relearn the joys his family offers, the support, love and happiness of an unconditionally loving wife, and most of all, the joy of fatherhood. Be patient. Be firm in your dedication of recovery. Be loving, and seek to sincerely know every bit of his past hurt and fears from childhood on. He needs a best friend in you, one who will not criticize regardless of what information he might unload. Be prepared, for Satan is angry and coming after ALL of us who seek to restore, repair, rebuild and renew our life and our marriage.

My prayer...
Heavenly Father, I come to you in humble adoration, saying first thank you for keeping us in your favor, thank you for surrounding us with your angels of Mercy. Heavenly Father, we turn to you because we cannot do the things this life requires of us alone. We come to you, seeking your guidance, wisdom, strength, Grace, and Mercy. Heavenly Father we are hurting right now and ask that your Holy Spirit, which dwells within us, moves right now and brings us the peace we need. Heavenly Father, I pray this Husband, this Father, comes to you for strength of overcoming his pain associated with things done against his family, his wife and Lord, against you. I pray you restore his heart, mind, body and soul so that his focus be firm and distraction free from the temptations that once controlled him, the temptations that consumed his mind, the temptations that pulled him away from his family, away from his wife. Heavenly Father, I pray his dedication be immmediate and strong and with your Grace and Mercy that he be healed. Have Mercy on this family and so many others Lord who need your help. Have Mercy on the husbands who seek to restore family, have Mercy on the wives who seek your assistance with lost husbands. Have Mercy on this person Lord whom does not know me, but she does know you. Bless her, touch her, heal her, soothe her heart with your loving spirit, and furthermore Lord, move within her situation to show that you are there and are in control. I pray her husband not only hears you but responds to you with an urgency on his heart. I pray this husband immediately releases his worry and his fears unto you. I pray Heavenly Father, that you destroy those things distracting him from focusing on you and doing the work needed to fully restore his family. I pray for this mother and wife that you touch her family with your hand of Mercy. Protect them, keep them forever in your favor, and heal them Lord with the blessing of repair, restoration, recovery and reconciliation. Thank you for hearing, accepting and answering this prayer. It is through your son, Jesus Christ, that I pray. Amen.

OP Offline
Thank you so much. We have begun praying together every night and asking for guidance. It is god to be reminded that we are not alone in this.

BS(me) 47
WH 48
DDay 7/9/10
M 21 years
_
_
Originally Posted by 6yearsoflies
Thank you so much. We have begun praying together every night and asking for guidance. It is god to be reminded that we are not alone in this.

Hi 6 years,

You posted on my recovery thread and I've been looking to see if you've been back. So glad to see you are still here.

Prayer is the answer and I'll offer mine, too.

"Dear God,

May 6 and Mr. 6 be guided by your wisdom in their desire to rebuild their marriage. May you give them the perseverance to endure the difficult recovery road ahead. Strengthen them when they get discouraged and reveal your plan for their future especially when things may seem hopeless.

Help them to know that many have gone before them and are willing to help them as they seek wisdom and knowledge.

Above all, give them peace.

In your name,
Amen"

Hope that helps.

Have you read my story? It's linked to my sig line and I'll answer any questions you may have.

Ace

FWH/BW (me)57+ M:36+ yr.
4 D-Days: Jun-Nov 06 E/PA~OW#2 (OW#1 2000)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation