Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
OP Offline
B
Thank you every one for your support and advice. DNM, you are not sounding like a broken record. I read through your posts and I can see where talking with a MBC was a real turning point for you and I applaud you for that. I guess for me right now I am just burned out with talking to them. I have been to 4 in the last year and I am just sick and tired of talking about it. I know that JC takes a different approach and WW has talked with her twice. I guess I am just in that pit and right now it is hard to do anything.
I had to go back in to work last night and finish up a project that we are launching Monday. Got home around midnight and watched a little tv. We dvr all of our shows and usually watch them throughout the week. FF through commercials is awesome. I watched one show that my wife has expressed that she doesn�t really have any interest in, so I sat down and watched the 3 episodes that I had. While I was watching them I started to remember how WW would always belittle me and just make smart comments for the type of shows that I would watch, we have similar taste but also very different when it comes to comedy. I finish watching and go to bed around 2am. WW had told me I could wake her up when I got home but remembering all that I just didn�t want too. I fell asleep and woke up about 2 hrs later and was feeling very frisky so rolled over and put my arm around her. She responded and we started to cuddle. After about 30 min I had to just get up and leave. The whole time WW never touched me in that special place and mind started to race that if I was the OM she would have already attacked me. Based on all the crap she said to the POS. So I got up and came downstairs and got a D MT Dew and went into the garage and smoked a few cigarettes. Went back to bed and went to sleep. WW asked me this morning, why I got up last night and I just said I was thirsty and left it at that. I didn�t want to send her off to work with that to deal with. We had already had a very hectic morning as WW overslept and I was half asleep trying to get the girls ready for school so they wouldn�t be late. Anyways probably TMI but a sucky day is a normal day.

H
H
Originally Posted by broken2009
Thank you every one for your support and advice. DNM, you are not sounding like a broken record. I read through your posts and I can see where talking with a MBC was a real turning point for you and I applaud you for that. I guess for me right now I am just burned out with talking to them. I have been to 4 in the last year and I am just sick and tired of talking about it. I know that JC takes a different approach and WW has talked with her twice. I guess I am just in that pit and right now it is hard to do anything.
I had to go back in to work last night and finish up a project that we are launching Monday. Got home around midnight and watched a little tv. We dvr all of our shows and usually watch them throughout the week. FF through commercials is awesome. I watched one show that my wife has expressed that she doesn�t really have any interest in, so I sat down and watched the 3 episodes that I had. While I was watching them I started to remember how WW would always belittle me and just make smart comments for the type of shows that I would watch, we have similar taste but also very different when it comes to comedy. I finish watching and go to bed around 2am. WW had told me I could wake her up when I got home but remembering all that I just didn�t want too. I fell asleep and woke up about 2 hrs later and was feeling very frisky so rolled over and put my arm around her. She responded and we started to cuddle. After about 30 min I had to just get up and leave. The whole time WW never touched me in that special place and mind started to race that if I was the OM she would have already attacked me. Based on all the crap she said to the POS. So I got up and came downstairs and got a D MT Dew and went into the garage and smoked a few cigarettes. Went back to bed and went to sleep. WW asked me this morning, why I got up last night and I just said I was thirsty and left it at that. I didn�t want to send her off to work with that to deal with. We had already had a very hectic morning as WW overslept and I was half asleep trying to get the girls ready for school so they wouldn�t be late. Anyways probably TMI but a sucky day is a normal day.

Argh. That sucks.

You have to dig out, dude. The OM - is nothing. NOTHING. The only thing he brought to the table is that he allowed her to be selfish and lazy.

LAZY.

You do need to start being honest with your FWW. I know what you are tying to do, because I do the same thing. You have to let it out. You have to let her know what is going on in your mind and heart. She will take it, she wants to know, she needs to know. And you need to let it out before it consumes you totally.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
G
G
...I finish watching and go to bed around 2am. WW had told me I could wake her up when I got home but remembering all that I just didn�t want too. I fell asleep and woke up about 2 hrs later and was feeling very frisky so rolled over and put my arm around her. She responded and we started to cuddle. After about 30 min I had to just get up and leave. The whole time WW never touched me in that special place and mind started to race that if I was the OM she would have already attacked me. Based on all the crap she said to the POS. So I got up and came downstairs and got a D MT Dew and went into the garage and smoked a few cigarettes. Went back to bed and went to sleep. WW asked me this morning, why I got up last night and I just said I was thirsty and left it at that. ... a sucky day is a normal day.
You both speak English as a first language, right? So why are you expecting one another to read each others' minds? doh2

Pre-A, my wife & I sometimes used to have encounters like this, starting in tentative, mixed signals, and ending in frustration, and in misplaced assumptions on both our parts, and in feeling "sucky" the next morning -- because we were too proud to admit wants or needs, and/or just misguided in thinking, I guess, that longtime spouses should be able to communicate by magic telepathy, without making any effort, or something like that. Of course, we were wrong about that. Afterwards, that's one of the things we swallowed our pride on & chose to change together.

It's totally legit for you to still be PO'd at her for stuff she did during the A & while she was bull$hitting you prior to D-day #2. Maybe not so legit, for you to nurse a grudge on account of her not knowing which way or how far you'd want to go last night. Remember, I told ya, right now, pretty much most of the time, chances are she's feeling like she'll be damned if she does & damned if she doesn't, if you choose to let her.

When my BW & I got back to frisky after my affair, I didn't dare make the first move at any step of the way, and I made pretty sure that she wanted what I thought she wanted before I went along with it. And she made it easier for me by telling me what she wanted & cutting down on the guesswork. Making herself vulnerable like that, after how I'd wrecked her heart, now that was a huge step of faith for her, I'm sure. I don't know how she did it. But she did.

So about the way last night ended up for you? That's not on her, that's on you. You could've spoken up, but instead you chose a Dew & some smokes, and punished yourself in order to punish her. So you tell me: Was it worth it?

I know... coming from a FWH, that probably doesn't mean a whole lot to ya; but I'm not the only one who'll tell you that this recovery stuff will be a mirage if you both don't choose at some point to have all your oars in the water together most of the time. One person can only move the boat so far for so long. You saw this yourself back after D-Day#1 when you were rowing like crazy, but WPG wasn't pulling her weight in the openness/honesty department. Sounds like she's hauling now and you're resting on your oars, while she gradually gets more exhausted. Well, it's your right to rest, after all... after what she put you through, maybe you're too tired to pull... but I dunno, I just for some reason don't think that's quite on-target. You put your arm around her for a reason last night. I just dunno.

Maybe you could ask her to sell that new ring & get the poly the next day. No need to wait 'til you get paid. Then if things work out someday, you can get ring #3 together.

Sorry I don't have any better thoughts for ya, man. Tossing a prayer that something will break your guys' way this weekend.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
J
J
Broken,

I am jumping on the bandwagon here. You MUST tell your W your thoughts about such things as happened last night. You are acting like a coward and guaranteeing that you will suffer from this for a long time.

Here is a news flash for you. You also need to inquire as to how your W is really thinking, not trying to feel but really feeling. Is she feeling lower than whale p00p? Is she just delirious about this situation and happy your are suffering? What?

I'm guessing that you have lied to her all of your marriage just like you did last night. Yes, I said LIED. You admit you were closed to her. You admit when you finally quit lying to her and opened up she responded in a very positive way.

You of all people should KNOW the power of lies and how it can turn you inside out. She has lied to you, and you have lied to her and you continue to. Yes, if you think this is a twoxfour you are darned right.

You lied to her last night because you did not tell her how you were feeling and what was bothering you and my guess is that lying is a bigger habit with you than it is with her. She at least has admitted her lies, or most of them. You??? Nope you have not.

I don't care if you decide to divorce or remain married, but frankly until you cease to be a liar you are not much use to anyone. Is this clear enough for you? Is it strong enough to get through your self-pity? Is finally sinking in that I don't hold what you are doing in much higher regard than what she did to you?

You have the "moral" high ground as long as you don't and haven't lied to your W. You think about this. I would like to see you happy, even better happily married to a woman that loves you. I think I know where to find the latter, but I wonder if you can be happy with the lies you tell by omission.

Ponder this a bit my friend.

God Bless,

JL

R
R
So if she doesnt make the first move you are upset with her because she didnt. If she does then it just goes to prove to you how high her drive is and that she is lying about only having been with OM twice. Are you seeing that she cant win here either way?

If she had tried to move things to the next level would she have gotten more from you about how it just proves she is lying?

I just dont think that last incident had anything to do with OM and more to do with fear of what your reaction would have been.

Just something else to ponder.

We lived in two different countries for two years. Thank you US Army.

Me-24 FWW/BW
DH-27 FWH/BH
DS-6 years DD- 1 year

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau

Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death. ~Anaïs Nin

If you aren't sure who you are, you might as well work on who you want to be. ~Robert Brault,

B
OP Offline
B
2 things before I go to bed, thank you for your honesty everyone. 1st thing is I did make clear intentions for SF, I made the 1st, 2nd and 3rd move. Not verbally but physically. It wasn't me just putting my arm around her, it was the special places I touched. WW and I have been together for 17 years and there is no doubt in my mind that she knew my intentions. Especially since she has been asking for SF lately. 2nd, not sure how my 1 post has labeled me as a liar. Habitual at that. Yes honey, you look fat in those jeans. WPG will tell you I have always been brutally honest. But I wouldn't dare tell her she looked fat in her jeans, which she doesn't. Would you.

W
W
I have a few questions you may want to consider.

When was the last time you showed your wife affection (with no expectation of SF)?

When was the last time you took your wife out on a date?

When was the last time you had a conversation with her (about something other than the A)?

When was the last time you gave your wife a compliment?

When was the last time you told your wife that you love her?

You say you were upset when you started getting frisky and your wife didn't respond in the way you are so sure she would have responded with the OM. Why do you think she might have responded to the OM in that way? Do you really think it's just because he's bigger than you? Or could it have something to do with the fact that the OM may have been meeting some of your WW's EN's that you are not even attempting to meet.

What are YOU doing to show your wife that you love her and care about her? Because I know very few women who jump at the chance to have SF with a man who doesn't care about her or her needs.

Last edited by writer1; 10/29/10 11:47 PM.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
H
H
2 things before I go to bed, thank you for your honesty everyone. 1st thing is I did make clear intentions for SF, I made the 1st, 2nd and 3rd move. Not verbally but physically. It wasn't me just putting my arm around her, it was the special places I touched. WW and I have been together for 17 years and there is no doubt in my mind that she knew my intentions. Especially since she has been asking for SF lately. 2nd, not sure how my 1 post has labeled me as a liar. Habitual at that. Yes honey, you look fat in those jeans. WPG will tell you I have always been brutally honest. But I wouldn't dare tell her she looked fat in her jeans, which she doesn't. Would you.

I think the point of lying here, is dishonesty by omission. When you say nothing, it can be dishonesty.

I can't call you too much on that myself. I keep falling toward RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE. Don't ask me how it is I allow my FWW to pull me out, because I don't know. When I really start to sink and she goes to pull me out, the first thing I end up trying to do is drown her with me. I have angry outbursts, disrespectful judgments - I push her head under the water to get a breath.

She might put up with it now, but it can't continue, and I am trying to find a new strategy... I really am.

As do you. You are drowning, and you just kind of stare at the rope being thrown to you. Maybe it got tossed too far out, or not far enough out. Too far to the left or right?

The point is, you need to get it opened up, and try putting some effort out.

Get back to the little things. I know you have tried lately, and those little things pay huge dividends!

Think about it, just a small kiss or comment is a HUGE deposit for her LB$ right now. Even if you aren't feeling it, if you want to work through it bud, you have to start doing something.

Capice?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

B
OP Offline
B
Writer1, the answer to your first 5 questions is yesterday, Friday. As to why I think she would have responded to OM that way. Because of all the texts, emails and chats that I recovered. And the contents of all that crap were mostly sexual in nature. So I guess I triggered the other day to the text that she sent me first, and responded the way I did about the OM. We do not talk about the A anymore, just when I seem to trigger on something. And those are few and far between. I have just been shutting down lately and I struggle. Sorry

W
W
Yesterday is good.

It's okay to struggle. What you need to do is start opening up to your wife about your struggles, without resorting to LB's or AO's. She needs to know how you're feeling. You need to start being O&H with her and stop shutting down whenever you encounter these triggers.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
D
D
OK, now that the SF topic is up, let me step up to the lectern and deliver my patent-pending "seduction speech". For men only. Women, I might offend you, so look away if you're tempted to flame men for not being women's libbers.

Originally Posted by Doormat_No_More
A big part of bringing more sexual fulfillment into our relationship was that I learned to own our sex life. I'm the man, I have the testosterone. So I learned to initiate, almost every time. When she initiates, it's a little spice on the sex life... but never an expectation. If she initiates, great! If she doesn't, it's my job to arouse her consistently, predictably, and reliably according to my needs.

So I learned it was my job to seduce her. Part of that was forcing myself to spend at least 2-3 hours giving her my undivided attention prior to escalating to sex. You can learn some of the art of seduction by doing reading on various "pick-up artist" web sites... but in this case, you're trying to pick up on your wife! It's great fun.

I have a bias. I believe that if men aren't "getting some" enough, it's very rarely the woman's problem. Except in cases of deep sexual problems with the wife, it's the man who needs to learn to step up to the plate and figure out how to seduce his wife over and over again. You gotta make sure to schedule "date night" every week, too, because absent other undivided attention, that's your chance to really pay a lot of attention to each other. Once you have that 4-6 hour time blocked out, the ball is in your court to escalate her into the bedroom.

A few keys:

1. Kino. Can't say enough about this. Put simply, this is the art of touch. Learn to convey your desire through touch without groping her. Leaning very close to talk to her in a crowded restaurant. Sitting beside her rather than across from her at the booth. Putting your hand on her upper thigh while laughing about something together. Google "Kino" for more tips.

Touch reciprocation and "interest touching" is important. If she's interested, she's going to touch you back in some way when you touch her in a non-threatening manner. Watch for her reciprocation before moving to the next step... and the move from a light touch on the hand (think "high-five") to touching more intimate areas is a dance with a thousand moves.

2. Look right at her while you listen to her. It may feel artificial, but keep your eyes laser-locked on hers while she is talking... and then continue to glance right into her eyes for several seconds when you're speaking. Never stare off into space while she's talking, and learn to hang onto every word like they might save your life one day.

3. Footrubs. Backrubs. Hand rubs. Keep lotions nearby to make this easy. Keep your rubbing away from the sexually sensitive areas... you are building comfort and sexual tension, not groping her.

4. Learn to tell stories that involve some innocuous part of her body, like the hands or the face. You don't even have to touch her to do this... just build a story with words and some non-sexual part of her body as the scenery. Hands work really well for this, you can perhaps illustrate a point by asking her to clench her fist and then as you go through the "first, second, third" parts of the story you're telling by gently lifting the finger. Something like that, the possibilities are endless.

5. Learn to be more Alpha Male-ish. Keep your eyes at eye-height or above in public. Take up as much space as physically possible when standing still. Put your hands behind your back rather than in pockets or elsewhere. Don't cross your legs. Speak in a low voice to help people crane their necks toward you to hear you better. This is a whole subject to itself. Skip La Cour has a great series called "Manformation" that talks about alpha male attributes. Alphas are more sexually interesting than betas, and IMHO that's why many women "affair down": that guy may be an unemployed slob, but he's an unemployed slob who exudes Alpha Male-ness.

6. Put a price on yourself. What I mean by this is that if you're begging for sex, she's not going to be turned on by you. Period. You want to bring her the point that she's willing to beg you to make love to her (but don't make her do that!).

Look, there are a whole lot more tips and approaches you can use. I started with just one thing at a time and worked my way into building a repertoire of seduction strategies with my wife. They don't always work, but they do work well above 80% of the time now.

On the plus side, if you really learn how to use seduction strategies to seduce your wife, they'll serve you well if you end up in Plan D, too. Most women don't like to believe these kinds of tactics work. They think that they won't fall for this kind of subtle sexual manipulation. But from my experience using some of these prior to getting married, and on my wife since, many just work. And if they don't work, you can always try out a new tactic.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
B
OP Offline
B
Thank you everyone for your support. WW went yesterday and had a poly test. She passed the 1st test but failed the 2nd. The first test had to do with NC and # of times she had sex with OM, including our entire relationship since OM had appeared when we were dating. She passed that one. The 2nd was if she was ever with OM when I was traveling and if OM had ever been on our property, can�t remember if it included when she was traveling which she had invited OM with her. She failed that one. The examiner said she was very upset that she had failed so she interviewed her and they retested with �was there physical presence with OM during those times� and she passed. The examiner said that she probably failed it the first time because there was communication during those times. There were a few questions that didn�t get asked because they only do 2 tests a day and only ask 2 questions about the A for each test. The other questions are just general questions. I wish everything could have been answered as I see them all as equally important but I will just have to believe her on the rest. There is a part of me that wonders why she failed the test to begin with but I have not spoken to her. The examiner had her theory but I didn�t talk to WW last night because she just seemed pretty exhausted and down a little, understandably. I didn�t ask her to do this; she did it on her own mainly because she was out of ways to help me believe her. There were just so many lies during the 4 months of trickle-truth between dd1 and dd2 that it has been very hard for me to know what to believe or trust from her. I didn�t go with her, we talked Sunday and she told me the examiner said it might cause her more anxiety if I came so I decided to stay away. She had asked her mother to go with her so I just felt for her that would be the better choice. I have to say that WW has gone above and beyond what I have seen from other WS and it is making a difference. It's is just so devastating.

S
S
Broken,

I found myself thinking about you and your WW last night. As a WW myself I of course feel the need to support her; however, I am learning a lot by understanding the devastation she caused. The one thing that jumped out at me was how my ideas of changed since reading on here and it is something you may want to consider.

Please note that I am not saying the ideas I'm about to present are good, they are the norm of what I heard for most of my life regarding affairs and the like.

In regards to the trick truth, there is a lot of talk in real life about how "unburdening" yourself is selfish and the only reason you would tell someone about an affair that is over or another indiscretion would be to make yourself feel better. I have even read such advice in major columns, magazine articles and hear it from many therapists.

Once again, not saying that is right (as you are proof it is not); however, WPG was questioning every action after her A and if she felt anything like I did, she couldn't be sure what feelings were "real" and which were justifications.

Just like the bedroom incident, as a WS, we wonder, am I being selfish by expecting SF?, should I do it even if I don't want to?, am I expecting too much?

The point is she is trying without having a clear direction where to go. I watch tennis on television. I can tell you all the mistakes the players are making and what they should have done....although I am a mediocre player at best. You can analyze her motives all day but at some point you just have to make a decision to give it a go ...or not.

H
H
Thank you everyone for your support. WW went yesterday and had a poly test. She passed the 1st test but failed the 2nd. The first test had to do with NC and # of times she had sex with OM, including our entire relationship since OM had appeared when we were dating. She passed that one. The 2nd was if she was ever with OM when I was traveling and if OM had ever been on our property, can�t remember if it included when she was traveling which she had invited OM with her. She failed that one. The examiner said she was very upset that she had failed so she interviewed her and they retested with �was there physical presence with OM during those times� and she passed. The examiner said that she probably failed it the first time because there was communication during those times. There were a few questions that didn�t get asked because they only do 2 tests a day and only ask 2 questions about the A for each test. The other questions are just general questions. I wish everything could have been answered as I see them all as equally important but I will just have to believe her on the rest. There is a part of me that wonders why she failed the test to begin with but I have not spoken to her. The examiner had her theory but I didn�t talk to WW last night because she just seemed pretty exhausted and down a little, understandably. I didn�t ask her to do this; she did it on her own mainly because she was out of ways to help me believe her. There were just so many lies during the 4 months of trickle-truth between dd1 and dd2 that it has been very hard for me to know what to believe or trust from her. I didn�t go with her, we talked Sunday and she told me the examiner said it might cause her more anxiety if I came so I decided to stay away. She had asked her mother to go with her so I just felt for her that would be the better choice. I have to say that WW has gone above and beyond what I have seen from other WS and it is making a difference. It's is just so devastating.

Again, this is something you and I have in common - the similarities in our FWWs is striking. My FWW reads the words of your FWW and has seriously asked if they were separated at birth.

The harsh reality, broken, is that you and I did not marry perfect women, though I think we both married women we each knew were living below their worth and potential. We each had screwed up family situations that we tried to draw and learn from, and our own conclusions and approaches failed us.

Our FWWs f%^&ed up. And what hurts the worst, is that despite that, we can't help but to still love them. That is why we hurt, that is why we ache, that is why we are furious.

Yet, we cannot bring ourselves to hurt them like they have hurt us, so we withdraw within ourselves with the intention of protecting them from our pain, from our anger. We shut ourselves down to prevent them from hurting us more, from hurting us again. Even in this, we lose the battle. We still love them, and we yearn for their love in return.

My FWW told me that part of what happened to her was that she no longer felt worthy of my love and adoration, she no longer felt she "deserved" me. I'll make a huge leap of judgment and say that the same may be how your FWW felt. It may be a question you could ask, should it strike you to do so.

Now my FWW is working overtime to recapture what she never lost, what she nearly destroyed. As is yours.

I deserve the chance to be happy, I deserve the chance to make her happy, and I will take the shot at allowing her to make me happy with the caveat that I will never tolerate any of the choices or actions which lead to her transgression ever again.

Once - I'm doing this once, and never again. It's her game to lose.

H
H
twoxfour

WAKE UP!

Ok - homework assignment.

Every day, every chance you get, HOLD YOUR FWW'S HAND!!!!!

I don't care how you feel at any given moment, DO IT!

Pavlov is dead, welcome to Skinner's world!

Until I hear that you have done this for a minimum of one week, I am done with you.

B
OP Offline
B
Will the pain ever go away? I just can�t seem to get away from all the lies and images. If I end it I will be the one who stands to lose the most. A marriage that I had committed to for life, family, and watching my children grow up. Even though I was not the one in the wrong, everything has been or will be taken from me. Even worst is the love and joy I once had for DD�s is lost somewhere. I can�t seem to get that back. Sorry, just having a bad day.

D
D
@broken2009: By dwelling on the past, you are bringing the past into your present. You are also discussing things that are just common symptoms for the depression you feel. If you're taking your AD meds, clearly they aren't working and you should see your doctor about adjusting or replacing the prescription.

Here's an article for you. It helped me a lot when figuring out how to stop triggers from ruining my day:
http://www.drjoecarver.com/clients/49355/File/Emotional%20Memory.html

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
S
S
I know I am a FWW so hearing from me may not be helpful; however, in real life, I work with parents and families. The parents I teach often want to come to class and complain about the other parent. While I let them vent a bit and they do have valid points, my message is simple You can only control you. Do what you can to help your children.

Saying that you won't be there to watch your children grow is bullchit! Just like a WS cannot use problems in the marriage to justify an affair, you cannot use problems with your WW to justify abandoning your children.

Whether you and your wife remain together or separate, it is your job to love and support your daughters and you can do it. Sure divorce sucks for kids but that is not an excuse to throw in the towel and decide you won't be there to watch them grow up.

You have a get out of marriage card courtesy of your WW...you do not have a get out of fatherhood card.

P
P
Originally Posted by sunnydaze53
You have a get out of marriage card courtesy of your WW...you do not have a get out of fatherhood card.

Well said ! clap

B
OP Offline
B
sunnydaze53, I was not saying that I would abandon them, what I meant is that as we live in a no fault state, that I would not get to see them everyday which is what I meant by not seeing them grow up. The courts would probably give WW full custody regardless of what she did.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation