Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I received a package in the mail this weekend, a gift from ex-girlfriend. I haven�t opened it yet, I�m almost afraid to. What if it�s a bomb? Just kidding!
But why is she sending presents to me? I already feel responsible for hurting her; if I open this I�m afraid it will just make it worse. Should I just send it back? Would that be insulting?
She sent me a text last week to tell me that she was sending me a gift and she was including something in it for my daughter. Sure enough�here it is.
The cold hearted, cynical part of me says that it�s just a way to bait me into dialogue. The warm, fuzzy side says I should open it then call to thank her and explain� I appreciate her thoughtfulness but it�s over between us and she should move on. How should I handle this?
Any and all opinions are welcome.

Formerly timetofly.

I thought that a change was in order to start the new year. It was time for me to fly after all.
A
A
I always believed in cutting off communications with exGFs after breakup... Otherwise, you end up in a never ending cycle of explanations, justfications, guilt, apologies, etc. You were dating, it didn't work out, end of story.

AGG

O
O
But why is she sending presents to me? I already feel responsible for hurting her; if I open this I�m afraid it will just make it worse. Should I just send it back? Would that be insulting?
ch'ya, sending gifts to an exBF? Boundary issues much?

Wow, ttf. This is a tough one. ITA with AGG, but what to do with the gift?
You're going to offend her no matter what, right? So I guess you just send it back with a brief note and move on. (or move, lol).

Opt

T
T
FWIW, I agree with opt, send the sucker back unopened. Dang though, I'm a curious dude, I'd want to know what was in it just for curiosity's sake.... Maybe you could... nevermind. lol.

Travis

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
F
F
Don't think about it another minute. Send it back unopened, with no comment.

Then forget about it as soon as you can.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Guys, I am amazed at the messes I can get myself into! faint

Formerly timetofly.

I thought that a change was in order to start the new year. It was time for me to fly after all.
M
M
Wow, I'm a bit curious too as to what was inside......but that might get you in a deeper mess....

K
K
It would be nice if you could say "I appreciate the thought but we are over and you should be moving on"...however, any attention given her way would feed her. The only way to stop her attention is to return it unopened. Do not respond to her at all. If you do not reward her with attention, whether positive or negative, she will give up.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
M
M
If all you want is to break up with her completely, then do not contact her, that's the best for you and also for her in the long run. Don't show any signs that you are still interested - that won't be fair for her either.

K
K
Originally Posted by milkshake
Wow, I'm a bit curious too as to what was inside......but that might get you in a deeper mess....
Could you steam it open and tell us? LOL

Nope, I trust you've already returned it...

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
B
Bminor Offline OP
OP Offline
B
No problems today!! smile
I just want to wish all my friends here a safe and happy Thanksgiving. God Bless!

Formerly timetofly.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation