Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
While in a Plan A should the BS at anytime attempt to induce feelings of loss in a WS?

So far in all my readings and study I've yet to see this answered in the affirmative. Am I wrong?

It would seem to me that Plan A would require the BS to select a chance at meeting ENs and making $LB instead of selecting a chance of inducing feelings of guilt.

If I'm wrong could someone point out to me where exactly I've misinterpreted Plan A?

M
M
Originally Posted by clark_kent
It would seem to me that Plan A would require the BS to select a chance at meeting ENs and making $LB instead of selecting a chance of inducing feelings of guilt.

Guilt is a great thing. But you should be strategic in how you use it. You shouldn't say "you loser, you have destroyed our family!!" [that creates defensiveness, not guilt.] But on the other hand, when you are hurt and are living in holy hell, you need to be tellng the WS this. Otherwise, he/she will get the idea that you don't care and are rather complacent about the abuse she is heaping on you. That is the LAST message you want to give to an abuser.

Children should be encouraged to discuss their disgust and disappointment with the WS too.

Plan A is NEVER about protecting the WS from the consequences of her crime.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
When I got the ILYBNILWY speech, I hadn't found MB yet. I didn't know that there was an affair, I had been gaslighted for almost 2 years. I didn't know what to do, but I did do something correctly. I thought about what COULD happen to me and my children if my WH left. The WORST case scenario. The next day, WH called me on his way home from work. I talked calmly and told him what could happen to us financially. It didn't make him stop his affair(of course, but I also didn't KNOW that there was one) but it DID get him to agree to things to help me and my children be more financially stable than we could have been.

Plan A is about doing things with NO EXPECTATIONS. That means that you would not try to induce guilt in your WS, you would carry out your plans. If those plans happen to induce such guilt, better for the end of the affair, but there should be no expectations that it would do anything except inform the wayward.

ITA with ML that the consequences of the affair should not be kept from the WS. This does a disservice not only to the people who are affected by the affair but to the affairees themselves.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation