Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
I'm not sure what to do. My ex-wife is really lashing out and being very ugly. That I can handle...and expected...but doing it to this extreme and in front of our VERY young girls I did not expect.

What I AM afraid of is the emotional and psychological damage my 2 young kids are experiencing. My XW screams "F-you", "Go to H-11", "I hope you die"...and other stuff constantly when talking to me. She does this in front of them talking to me, and they know that she is talking to me. She uses my name, and my GF's name and I can hear my girls crying in the room with her. She tells them I am a drug addict (which I absolutely am NOT - I don't use any drugs...not even over the counter stuff) and they are too young to prob even know what that means, but they surely know it's bad.

At what point do I call child protective services? I'm afraid that getting CPS involved will only make things worse because of the horror stories I've heard. I don't know what to do. I HAVE to communicate with my ex-wife because I must communicate with my girls.

L
L
Document Document Document.... Call your Lawyer, like yesterday, and seek advice. This could be P.A.S. (Parental Alienation Syndrome?) in action. The kids do not need to be subject to that. I'd personnally start recording everything, again checking with the atty to see if that's legal.

Hugz, Thoughtz, & Prayerz

Bill
C
C
Stop talking to her, set up a liason. She probably does want you to eff off and die, but those feelings will lessen with no contact.

Do you still have your girlfriend that you cheated on with your then--now--xwife?

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
T
T
I suggest you start taping the phone calls and have a VAR on you when you are in her presence. Nothing will come of getting CPS involved now but... if you have proof to back you up you might be able to change something. Sorry this is happening Captain, all I can say is you got to do what you think is best for your girls. In the end, that may involve getting primary/full custody if you can get the proof that your wife is unstable.

Travis

Age - 35
Divorce Final - 3/5/12

S - 13
S - 10
D - 8
S
S
Its heartbreaking what affairs do to the children....Its too bad people dont think about this beforhand....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
C
C
Get out of her face and she'll most likely stabilize. She's furious, and rightly so...you were having sex with her during your divorce proceedings.

You know better. So back off and stop interacting. You're creating the problem you're seeing manifested in your children's mother.

GET A LIASON.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by CWMI
You're creating the problem you're seeing manifested in your children's mother.
GET A LIASON.
See - I love how it's always the man's fault. I haven't been "in her face". I called my girls to tell them goodnight...as I do EVERY night, and she starts in on me with this nonsense. Do women ever take or own responsibility for a damn thing anymore? I guess when she had the affair (emotional and sexual..very sexual) with 1 of my closest friends on multiple occassions while we were still married...that was probably somehow my fault to. I must have driven her to it...right? Hmm...well how could that happen if (as I found out later when more truths came out) she had been having her affair with him for MONTHS before I even met my girlfriend (yes...she and I are together and doing very well).

Seriously I've gotten so damn sick and tired of everything being spun around as my fault. Now I'm at fault because she enjoys cussing at me and trying to get my kids to think I'm a drug addict.

I have started documenting, and her neighbor got involved last night...so she has witnessed these actions 1st hand last night (and again today). I hope she gets a grip. Luckily I have the kids this weekend and I can try to un-do whatever evil things she has told them about me over the last week.

C
C
No, your fault rests in dating while still married, and continuing to sleep with your wife during BOTH your relationship with someone else, and your divorce proceedings.

Her stuff is hers, but you are not innocent. Give your children a cell phone and call them directly. Sheesh.

Does your girlfriend know you were banging your wife while you were dating her?

(Oscar Wilde)
S
S
No, your fault rests in dating while still married, and continuing to sleep with your wife during BOTH your relationship with someone else, and your divorce proceedings.

Her stuff is hers, but you are not innocent. Give your children a cell phone and call them directly. Sheesh.

Yup.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
T
T
Originally Posted by stillhere8126

Yup.

And he wonders why he is having problems.

K
OP Offline
K
For the record my ex-wife and I were definitely having seperation anxiety and that sort of lapse in judgement has not happened in several months. We are WAY past that now and I am in a serious committed relationship with this new GF. Sorry if that sounds laughably cliche to anyone, but it is what it is...and to us it is amazing.

Nothing is perfect - I know that - but this already feels so much more like what true love is supposed to feel like in the beginning. Trust me...I know "in the beginning" is a very important phrase.

C
C
Does your GF know that you were sleeping with your wife while dating her? If she doesn't, then you're starting this new relationship based on lies.

(Oscar Wilde)
S
S
Are you still working with your OW?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
ps ~ I strongly encourage you to put in your signature line the dates of your A/s, your D and date NC was established. I think that's only fair to the people reading your posts & offering advice...

Last edited by SusieQ; 12/10/10 06:13 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation