Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
R
R
Many people have never had this, “How can I get what I want with the least effort?” as their general approach to life.

IMHO, all people have this. I'm not sure why you view it in a negative context. I would imagine you make your decisions the same way. Why would you routinely persue what you don't want, or persue what you want with more than the effort required to secure it?

This is not a point of distinction with regards to a WS.

What is different during the A is how they measure rewards, how they measure efforts.

You and I might say we would never have an A because we know how damaging it is to our spouse. We could never "look oursevles in the mirror" if we did that. Therefore we value being able to say we have been faithful. That is our "reward" for our fidelity and we remain faithful. A WS concludes, at least for a time, that what they get out of the A is more valuable than being able to say they have been faithful. So they cheat. Both are maximizing rewards with minimal effort. Their objectives are different.

Anyway, more than willing to agree to disagree on this.

Me 43 BH
MT 43 WW
Married 20 years, No Kids, 2 Difficult Cats
D-day July, 2005
4.5 False Recoveries
Me - recovered
The M - recovered
A
A
Take for example an analogue to WS: pedophiles.

Experts almost universally agree pedophiles can sometimes, rarely, change their behavior. They can be taught and conditioned to establish checks, create stop signs, and stay away from children. The same experts also agree pedophiles do not fundamentally ever change. Their tendencies, their needs, their wants and their perversions are always there. They may, with very limited success, learn to control their urges. But their urges remain throughout life.

Dr H claims adultery is hard-wired. Evidently, the wiring in WS is soldered better than in others.

The inference seems to be the reason some humans never commit adultery is solely a lack of opportunity. This is false.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
A
A
Originally Posted by faithful follower
I am no where near who I was back then. I give credit to God for the changes in me. I also give credit to MB for helping those changes mature.

Originally Posted by Aphelion
There are a select few here on MB, I think.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
P
P
Originally Posted by faithful follower
I am no where near who I was back then. I give credit to God for the changes in me. I also give credit to MB for helping those changes mature.

There are a select few here on MB, I think.

My changes came down a barrel of a freaking gun.

My memory doesn't work right and my thoughts remain locked away inside my head and merely seem to seep from the holes.

At least I got out of an abusive situation with a new found distrust of people in general, and that's the good part of all of this.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
T
T
Originally Posted by pomdbd3
Dude,

Seriously, with no kids you should kick this woman to the curb. This is disgusting.

"GH31, let me sow my wild oats and rip your heart out while you wait for me. Don't do what I do. Just sit and wait. I'll be back after I've blown a few guys and screwed around a bit. I'll be all yours once I'm done."

Seriously! Come on!

You're young! 32 is very young. Get yourself a hottie in her late 20s and start over with a clean slate and a woman that deserves it and not one that has disrespected you in such a horrible way!

I AGREE!!! Dang, this woman sounds just like my WH. It's just sickening how narcissistic they are. Or would it be more like "sociopathic" in some ways, such as no REMORSE for what they're doing or what they've done and no empathy for the BS. And I laughed at loud at this: "GH31, let me sow my wild oats and rip your heart out while you wait for me. Don't do what I do. Just sit and wait. I'll be back after I've blown a few guys and screwed around a bit. I'll be all yours once I'm done." RIDICULOUS!! but sums it up pretty much!

B
B
There are definitely some lines from previous posters familiar to me.

My favorite (if you can call it that) is "It was an accident." Yeah I am sure he slipped on a banana peel or something.

T
T
"You need to remember that money is replaceable."

She needs to remember that SHE is replaceable.
Your WW is a Narcissist. Kick her to the curb.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
T
T
Trying everything is absolutely right. Maybe these dumb waywards still caught in the fog should realize that once the BS is in plan B at any moment we CAN replace our narcissistic wayward with someone who will LOVE us and not BETRAY us!

R
rpg Offline
R
WW: "Dying from Syphilis would be a relief from you."

Me: BH
Her: WW
D-day: 14 Nov 10 (EA+PA)
Married for 12 years, 4 kids.
M
M
bump

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
Originally Posted by sickwithworry
I am sorry, I am going to stop really...

Me: I just don't understand all this. Why you would do this?

WW: Well, you had been suspiscious for so long and accusing me of it for so long that I figured as long I was going be accused I may as well do it!
Got this exact one too! only that my WH added at the end: You basically made it happen.
But the most tragic thing is not what he said...is that I believed what he said and held myself responsible for his As.
Craaaazzzzzy me!

Last edited by atena; 06/28/11 05:06 PM.

atena
A
A
Originally Posted by GH31
This one by an earlier poster is just incredible:

"I had no choice but to have an affair."

My WW has said similar things like "I wish you had never caused this situation GH31". Whilst I was neglectful and verbally abusive (I take full responsibility for that), I did not make her pursue another man. Otherwise she wouldn't have lied all about it when I discovered it, surely.
GH31,
I am having fun reading all this thread. Is late here and I should go to bed, but I am going over the whole thing just to see your posts. Sorry, because again this is a sad situation, however this thread is supposed to make us laugh
However, I wanted to tell you that I declare you WW the stupidest WS on the thread. Granted she is in the fog, but she really seems like a dumb idiot to me. Hopefully is just the fog and i am sure it is cuz you would have never married her were she really this way......
crazy

atena
M
M
bump

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 570 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation