Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Lately I have been getting along very well with my previous Ex. She was one of the few ppl that was there for me during the last 6 months of hell. I'm not saying that I want to jump back in and get married again, but I do want to date her just to see what would happen. I still love her, never`stopped really.

Neither one of us are the same ppl we were 6 years ago. Am I completely insane for thinking this??

Anyway, any advice would be appreceated

Update: I finally have my own place again. No more living in the Guard Armory. I spent two additional months in the hosp for PTSD, I not "cured" but I am way better than I was.

Finally Healing working towards the day when I can be a good partner, and choose someone good for me.

Most Current relationship ended with her cheating and kicking me out on the streets.

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

IA & PA 2003/2004. (while I was deployed and brought the bast*** around my boy)

Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
S
S
My in-laws were divorced from one another when my H was 8. My FIL then went on to marry his OW, and even adopted OW's daughter. He and his OW were married for about 6 or 7 years or so, when things went sour between them (basically, FIL lost his MONEY and OW didn't take to that, so she left him for her NEW OM who was richer).

FIL then returned to MIL, who had been doing her version of a Plan A for the entire time they were divorced. She had dated one man during that time of divorce, but never really became involved seriously with him, and it was a very brief thing and she quickly stopped it.

Instead, she waited for her husband to regain his mind. She remained kind to him, and kind to the adopted daughter as well, including her in visits when the sons went back and forth, because she knew OW was just one drink away from stupid all the time.

When FIL showed up on her doorstep, she had a few rules in place for taking him back.

He agreed to the rules, and was kind and loving to her until the last breath he took and the last words he said to her.

In fact, they were married AGAIN when my H was about 16 or 17.

He died last year. His last words to her were when he kissed her and said he loved her. He died in his sleep.

You CAN recover the marriage.

You CAN change, and so can your wife.

There is nothing easy about it, and you have to be very open about what you want, and what each of you need in the relationship.

Talk about that - frequently, honestly, openly.

And talk about exactly what went wrong. But.....talk about it not in the way that you USED to do it, which was "YOU did this" or "YOU did that". Instead, talk about the state of the marriage, how both of you contributed to that state of things, how the emotional needs of the two of you were met or not met, and what each of you could have done and should have done to make that marriage stronger and better. Watch your ex-wife's reaction to THAT type of discussion.

Then, get the MB books, and have her read them WITH you.

Also, the other book that has some really good work in it is Dr. Phil's Relationship Rescue. Usually I'm not a fan of his, but this particular book has some good advice and workouts for couples to use for getting to know each other - emotionally, spiritually, and just plain old getting closer. Take a look at the conversation/question part of that book in the back.

And then consider the information on this website, because in all likelihood, you two probably could have saved your marriage back then.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
We spent alot of time here before we chose to end it. There was just no fixing it then.

I have talked to her about it, we both have admitted our roles in what had happened. It may not even happen, but I "put it out there" for her.

thanks for the input

Finally Healing working towards the day when I can be a good partner, and choose someone good for me.

Most Current relationship ended with her cheating and kicking me out on the streets.

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

IA & PA 2003/2004. (while I was deployed and brought the bast*** around my boy)

Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
L
L
Originally Posted by unseen2
Lately I have been getting along very well with my previous Ex. She was one of the few ppl that was there for me during the last 6 months of hell. I'm not saying that I want to jump back in and get married again, but I do want to date her just to see what would happen. I still love her, never`stopped really.
Unseen2,
Is this the ex that had multiple affairs?
I checked into your stitch and correct me if I am wrong but you went through he!! with your XW, got divorced hopped into another relationship and she had multiple affairs. Is this right? Even if this is another EX I would advise time by yourself for a while before you even think of getting into another relationship. JMO

BW 46
XWH 46
Boys 17 & 19
Girls 16 & 10
D-day #1 12/2006 (confessed affair in 2004 w/BF & his wife)
D-day #2 10/2008 (denied by XWH)
D-day #3 10/2010
Kick WH out 01/2011 he files for D
D finally final 03/2012
I'm free!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation