Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
D
man i would love to expose my wifes affair with the family of the guy she is with.

from what i hear the guys sister had her husband do it ot her and the family did very very bad things to the guy.

be fun to see if they do anything to the son..heh

married 12 years together 18
2 children 4 and 8
wife's affair started sometime in sept of last year she had sex with him on 8-25-10 (or so).

on 9-3-10 she assaulted me and beat the crap out of me. i did call the cops (not first time she did it but damn well the last)

Divorce filled (by her) on 9-10-10
failed reconciliation discovered on 1-1-11 (she had him stay the weekend)
divorce court on 1-3-11 (we were going to go in and ask for it to be put off. then i 1-1-11 happened)
N
N
DD, your course of action is plain - full nuclear exposure to EVERYBODY, including OM's family, and HARD PLAN B. Let her do as she will as she a) gets a load of s**t from OM after his family responds to full notification, and b) starts to backtrack toward you.

WARNING
Here is where too many BH's falter. At the first sign of "Oh, maybe she's seeing the light..." they break Plan B, and find themselves in an unwilling game of ping-pong, with WW going to OM, to get her pipes cleaned, and then retreating to BH when things are more comfortable at home. ("Rinse, repeat....") You already saw that, didn't you. with the phone call and OM answering his cell in the same room (other thread).

- NUCLEAR EXPOSURE
- PLAN B LETTER WITH IM'S DEFINED.
- NO CONTACT ACCEPTED

Most people instinctively think the Plan B is an attempt to punish WW, because they're not comfortable with the concept denying THEMSELVES access to their supposed partner-for-life. The real purpose to Plan B is to stop her from punishing you. Consider WW as dead, stone-cold, on-a-slab dead. Mourn her passing, okay, but don't considerthe possibility of communicating with WW any more than you would any other deceased family member. (I guess that makes the IM in this case a "medium".)

Good luck.

R
R
Makes you feel good don't it? That idea of giving him a little taste of he*l? I did it, and believe me - you have not felt that good since this started for you.

EXPOSE TO THE FAMILY. TRust me. OM for me had to text his whole family begging forgiveness. He is now the outcast.

I wish you could read some of the stuff my mole with OM is giving me. I made his life He*l.

Get her done. You will not regret it.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
J
J
Reynolds...I see in your signature line "Exposure worked!" Does this mean you are still gother w/ your W and things have been repaired? That is awesome.

Just Figure It Out Already
N
N
Reynolds... I posted a questions about exposure but maybe you can help. Is it good to have people approach WSs and the OP in public and call them out on what they are doing (what you are doing is wrong) etc? The affair is all over town and people are seeing them out and about.... they want to know if they should approach them.

Married 7, Separated summer 2010

me, BW: 31
WH: 31
R
R
You let them do whatever they feel they should. I wouldn't set up an ambush but if someone asks how to help...I would say to them "whatever you want to do please I need your support".

They do the heavy lifting, and you don't look like you are staging anything. Real consequences.

FBH,Dad
R
R
I am only exposed since Dec 20, but so far its been textbook. Trying to get WW in to talk to Steve Hartley, but advice was to let her breath for a few weeks.

FBH,Dad
R
R
So is it exposed?

FBH,Dad
C
OP Offline
C
hello all. its been a while as we have been working on rebuilding our marriage. here is a summary...my wife had an affair that lasted for 6 months. i confronted her 3 months into it. the affair ended in january. we now are trying to rebuild and repair the damages. we both feel disconnected and have been acting like we should in front of others. we still talk and communicate but the physical part of our relationship is suffering. it feels forced and strange. she says that it just doesn't feel right. we can't seem to move past this. what can we do to bring the connection back and get the physical part or our relationship back?

i have done everything listed above from previous posts and she has ended all contact with the om. what else can we do? we have tried counseling read books and all. we both seem lost and where to go from here. any input? we really don't want to end it with each other at all nor have we taken those steps. we do know we want to be with each other but it seems like there is no progress but looking back from where we were to where we are i know we have made progress. we just seem stuck.

M
M
Hi court! I've wondered how you've been doing! Good to hear from you~

Okay, before we get too far into this:

How do you know the A is over? (I mean, other than your wayward saying it's over, because you know that waywards lie, right?) What have you done to confirm this? Did you expose?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
OP Offline
C
yes its confirmed. there is no contact. exposed and no more lies. i am in the process of trying to get another job back home which is in a different state. she is unsure about moving as she doesn't know if it will work out in the end. she has more career opportunities where she currently works and would be sacrificing that. we both know that this sucks

C
OP Offline
C
i guess it boils down to she is not in love with me anymore and really doesn't know what the outcome will be so she doesn't know what to do

C
C
UA 25+ hours a week.

R
R
I second that, its making a huge difference to us too.

FBH,Dad
C
OP Offline
C
i believe we have been getting close to that. i have seen some improvement but its still just not the same. its been 5 weeks since d-day and her ending everything and the NC in place but i guess its not moving fast enough. we have had productive conversations and all about our relationship. i have known for sometime now that she is not in love with me at this time and all. i just don't know what is realistic when it comes to where we should be at this time in our relationship after everything has happened. we are not giving up at least i know i am not and i know she isn't but there has been some talk about when is enough enough? how do we know we can fix this and how do we know the feelings will come back? you can't force someone to love you like you love them. i meet her needs but one of them is sex/physical contact (not in her top 2) which is in her top 5. there is none of that. my needs have completely taken a backseat and i am ok with that for now and have been in order to repair this damage but like i said how do i know that everything i am doing is going to work and will her feelings for me return?

C
OP Offline
C
ok now just recieved news that i will be transfering in 2 weeks. now just waiting to see if she will come with me. yay for me on the job but hope things work out for us is the main goal for me. at least things are happening and we can get out of this state and try to start anew around our loving friends and family. i just hope the feelings come back for her and i hope she comes with me

R
R
Good luck with the new job. Remember recovery is hard and there are fewer road signs. Keep pushing forward, and stay for the advice.

FBH,Dad
J
J
Good job getting the promotion, I hope all works out and your wife looks at this as an opportunity to start over in a new fresh place, free from anyone else....
Jobs come and go but your family is what counts in the end..........
keep us posted and stick around to get the advice you might need ........

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
C
OP Offline
C
yes i hope she see that this would be an opportunity and not something that is going to hinder her. i know if she had her i"in love" feelings for me this would be a non issue. i guess we will know more as the move gets closer everyday. just dont like all of this indecisiveness on her part. either commit to me and lets go or let me know so i can move on with everything. i still am committed to making this work and feel that it could work out with a fresh start. who knows...still lost and confused..its like we are more like friends than lovers...very frustrating!!!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,115 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation