Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
So I first arrived on these boards about 3 1/2 years ago when I caught my then husband texting inappropriately with OW. I tried really hard to save my marriage but in the end he turned out to be a seriel cheater so I went to plan D and I'm now remarried to a wonderful man.

Anyway, before I filed for divorce in May 09, XH and I were in a HUGE battle over whether I should continue to homeschool our then 9 year old son. During that time he was a FB friends with a cousin of mine that I wanted him to unfriend due to some past questions and rumors about their relationship. (Turns out the rumor was true and they had had an affair 7 years earlier but I digress). He tells me in an AO that he will remove my cousin as his FB friend if I agree to send our son to public school.

Well, for that reason and just in general because I was trying to make my husband happy, I told him in April of 09 that I would send our son to public school in fall of 09. I was heartbroken about it...but was trying very hard to save my marriage. (knowing now that he used my cousin and FB against me in that way while HE knew he HAD slept with her and that he was AGAIN instant messaging her and trying to hook up is just MIND BLOWING to me but anyway).

So shortly after I agreed to send our son to school (come fall of 09) I was encouraged by this board to put a keylogger on WH's computer and he was busted in a then current affair within 24 hours.

Long story short, I got sole custody and I never again have to discuss schooling options for our son with his father. So I've continued to homeschool. Last night when ds went for his Wed visitation (3 hours long) he told ds, 'I know I was always trying to get your mom to put you in public school, but I have to admit she has done a good job with you.'

Wow. That is just so....wow.

M
M
That's great, SW, that your xWH has validated what you knew all along smile I mean it's nice because I suspect your DS has felt the lack of homeschooling support on your ex's part. It's good for your DS to know that he agrees with your desire to homeschool your DS.

Homeschool DS for as long as you can.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
That's great, SW, that your xWH has validated what you knew all along smile I mean it's nice because I suspect your DS has felt the lack of homeschooling support on your ex's part. It's good for your DS to know that he agrees with your desire to homeschool your DS.

Homeschool DS for as long as you can.

Thanks MB. Ds so wants his dad and me to get along. I am amazed at how ds lights up when his dad and I have a pleasant conversation at drop off. I think somehow that makes him feel safe.

N
N
Thanks for the cool update!

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation