Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
soblue, if I did not live in a no fault state; I would have instantly countersued due to adultery and would have had no hesitation about naming the OW in the suit. It would have been justified.
Do it!!!

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
S
Take out the last paragraph only use that one u decide to file, do not threaten him with that because either way YOU WILL sue laugh

Overall it was good just take that last para out

M
M
Originally Posted by soblue
Finally, if you continue to make veiled threats or act on any of those threats, I will counter sue for grounds of adultery and mental cruelty. This means that OW will be subpoenaed to the stand to testify about your current relationship. Phone records and computer records and anything else that was used to conduct the affair will also be subpoenaed such as colleagues who knew about the affair. This is not the best way to proceed so please back off and stop threatening me!

soblue, your letter is GREAT! I would take out this paragraph entirely, though, because you want the letter to be a love letter. He will pull it out and read it in the future.

I would not THREATEN to countersue on grounds of adultery, I would PROMISE to do it. You need to do if he files for divorce REGARDLESS. Don't use it as bargaining tool. IT needs to be done.

I would send him a text today and say "I wanted to give you fair warning I have recieved legal counsel and will be countersuing on grounds of adultery. The OW will be subpeonaed to give testimony and both of your cell phone and email records will be subpoenaed in discovery. You should know there will be no cooperation. Also, our sons know that you are abandoning us for an adulterous affair. I insist you don't ever expose Son to your affair. Much love, soblue"

See, he thinks you will cooperate and roll over so he can replace you. You need to disabuse him of that notion now!! You don't blackmail or make threats, you simply PROMISE: "here is how it is going to be."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
soblue, text him this message TODAY and then go dark in Plan B tomorrow.

Who is Nana? Is this someone who is neutral and will remain neutral? That is the KEY to choosing an intermediary. If this is his mother, that would not be a good choice.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
soblue Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'm a little confused??? I text him today with the the information on counter suit and then when do I give him the love letter? Isn't he going to be angry with the text and then the letter won't matter?

I feel like I might be slipping into a black hole, any suggestions on how to get out of that bad place emotionally?

S
S
I feel like I might be slipping into a black hole, any suggestions on how to get out of that bad place emotionally?

Yes by texting him that thing melody told you to text and send him the plan B letter.

M
M
You ok soblue?

Me:BW 34yo
FWH: 36yo
Married:11 years
Together:16 years (dated through college years)
3 Children: 8, 7, 2
EA 10/2009 PA began 12/09 lasted until 4/10
EA Discovery 1/10 & PA Discovery 4/10
What I thought was "no-contact" in 1/10 was a FR
Last known contact June 2010
Believe we are finally in firm no-contact and working on recovering.
H
H
soblue -

I have just read your thread and your getting some really good advice from some of the experts. The way they deal with affairs here really does work, so have faith!

It is quite tough what you are going through and I really do feel for you, but try and put your WH out of your mind, follow the plan. You will get some peace shortly.

I hope you don't mind me saying but your H comes across as quite manipulative and controlling, you are obviously intimidated by him. You have to not get drawn into his psycho babble it will put you off course, and send you into a tail spin. So have MINIMAL contact with him, get yourself into Plan B, and let all hell break loose in affair land.

There will be plenty of time to reflect once your in Plan B.

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Feb 2009 - Affair starts, physical for 9 days on business trip.
Mar 2009 - Separate from H, live alone
Apr 2009 - realise I have made big mistake and attempt reconciliation with H, establish NC with OM.
Jun 2009 - H physical and emotional serial A start right upto present day.
Jul 2009 - NC with OM broken and becomes EA
Mar 2010 - H reads email and discovers A
Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
H

Send him the Plan B letter, pack all his stuff so it is outside your home, and change the locsk so he can't get in!

As he is quite controlling he will hate this part, but you can't have him walking in and out of the house.

Once you have completed these steps you will get stronger emotionally. Your H is messing with your head at the moment, thats why.

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Feb 2009 - Affair starts, physical for 9 days on business trip.
Mar 2009 - Separate from H, live alone
Apr 2009 - realise I have made big mistake and attempt reconciliation with H, establish NC with OM.
Jun 2009 - H physical and emotional serial A start right upto present day.
Jul 2009 - NC with OM broken and becomes EA
Mar 2010 - H reads email and discovers A
Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
S
soblue Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi,

It's been a while since my last post. I sent the letter to his principal and she had a meeting with him last week. Not sure what was said but he called me and was very unhappy. He didn't talk to me for 2 days and then he started texting me asking for a copy of the letter. He texted me twice and when I didn't respond he sent me an email asking me to attach a copy of the letter. He didn't show up to take son to his appointments today and said that I would have to do it. I replied that I couldn't he replied "are you going to give me a copy of the letter?" I called up the grandparents and they stepped up to the plate for us.

I haven't responded to any of his texts or requests. He told me after the meeting with the principal that I'd better make sure I had a lawyer because our marriage was over and if I didn't have a lawyer that I would be served by a sheriff. I am not sure but I'm thinking he put through the paperwork. Maybe I'll have a sheriff visit soon.

I got the bank statements today and I noticed that he cleared our savings account the day after I made him leave. He put most of it back in at the end of the month. Very curious. He kept $5,000 to himself. Wondering if that could be the lawyer retainer.

I am feeling stronger by the day. He can't destroy me the way he used to. Not to say that I won't have some bad days in the near future but I feel like I'm getting stronger every day.

M
M
You need to secure any of your marital money that is rightfully yours. Have you done this yet?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Are you going to send him a copy of the exposure letter?

How are you proceeding financially?

He kept 5,000 from savings? You gonna tell his parents about that? What can I do to help?

I'm guessing he opened his own account-
maybe you should too??????

M
M
Good job, soblue! Thanks for the update.

Exposure 101

M
M
Melodylane and others who have followed the story-
Soblue's husband is contacting me asking who she named in the exposure letter at work. He thinks I am putting her up to this (exposure)
And thinks I read the letter and wants me to tell him exactly what was said.
Do I respond to him?
I don't think she has anything to hide in what she said. It was an honest account of the situation. So why not tell him what it said?
But he should have asked his supervisors to see the letter if it mattered to him. I suspect he wants to know cause he wants to try to use it against her in court and he is so wayward he wants to protect his OW (possibly more than one)

Soblue- hope you don't mind me asking on your thread. If I start a new thread folks won't understand the background. I want to support your exposure efforts.

M
M
Originally Posted by MBJG
Soblue's husband is contacting me asking who she named in the exposure letter at work. He thinks I am putting her up to this (exposure)
And thinks I read the letter and wants me to tell him exactly what was said.
Do I respond to him?

I would GLADLY send him the letter! Tell him you wish you could take credit for that awesome letter, but the credit belongs solely to soblue.

Exposure 101

M
M
Haha. I dont have the letter. She really did write it
Just spoke on phone with him and he is mad that I agree with her decision to send the letter to work.
He said his "girlfriend" is now doubting and questioning him based on the letter and things my husband said. Oh he is so mad right now.

M
M
Originally Posted by MBJG
He said his "girlfriend" is now doubting and questioning him based on the letter and things my husband said. Oh he is so mad right now.

hurray

Exposure 101

M
M
Oh, WAA WAA! dramaqueen The life of a wayward is just so hard!! LOL!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
soblue Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi,

I guess the letter is putting some pressure on. I put in the letter that there were previous accusations and now I was wondering if they may be true. I also listed two friends that knew about the affair but would cover for him.

He is now harassing my sister-in-law wondering who is mentioned in the letter. He has emailed me a few times requesting a copy of the letter. I have ignored the requests. He says that his union will get him a copy of the letter on Tuesday and wants it now so that he is prepared to answer any questions. He also wants to know so that he can sleep. He is very worried about losing his job and the fate of his friends.

He is saying that I am crazy and making up things about him. Nothing in that letter is a lie. He is very angry at me. Won't talk or look at me when we are at events for son.

I am feeling very conflicted. I don't want him to see the letter because I am worried about his reaction when he realizes that I named his friends. On the other hand, he is feeling very uncomfortable right now, which is what we wanted right?

Any advise?????

S
S
Stay calm and KNOW that what you said was TRUE.

You did the right things and if your WH and his friends did inappropriate things, you exposing that was not what got them into trouble. If he gets mad, remember that you did what was best for your family and your marriage.

Let exposure do it's work.

I wouldn't give him the letter in advance if he is getting a copy anyways. He is worried that his friends will get mad at him. Well, too bad. It isn't YOUR fault. You did NOTHING wrong in this.

hug

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 490 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation