Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Anyone want to clue this guy in?

Should she confess to her husband?

F
F
Sounds like the subscribers already commenting are doing it for us.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
Yup there's lots of bad (and sometimes dangerous) advice floating around out there. Thank God for MB. In fact there's a new site out there that purports to advocate marriage but mostly what it does is blast sites where they became disgruntled for whatever reason. Some have even been banned from the sites they trash. Whatever. The important thing is that the "marriage" advice being given is so loosey goosey that I feel bad for any hurting people that show up looking for help. WS are petted and cooed over without a thought how that might make newly betrayed spouses feel.

Thank GOD for MB where a person can come and get a concrete plan that WORKS!

Last edited by princessmeggy; 01/29/11 07:17 AM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
Anyone want to clue this guy in?

Should she confess to her husband?
faint
What an idjit. That guy can't even support his own philosophy.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
In fact there's a new site out there that purports to advocate marriage but mostly what it does is blast sites where they became disgruntled for whatever reason. Some have even been banned from the sites they trash.
Well, if they've been banned that's probably why they're trashing the old site they used to visit.

I have found that people who have hostility as a main point in common usually drift apart. Hostility doesn't have much of a bonding agent in it.

I hope the people who find that site and truly need help can see past that rancor and get true Marriage Building help.

Or they can come here and get it straight from the horse's mouth. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009

P
P
My thoughts exactly. It kinda reminds me about the warnings in the Bible about false prophets popping up in the last days. Maybe not that bad but similar. It makes me mad and sad at the same time.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I have found that people who have hostility as a main point in common usually drift apart. Hostility doesn't have much of a bonding agent in it.

Much like waywards who bond over how bad/terrible/awful their spouses are.
puke

M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Yup there's lots of bad (and sometimes dangerous) advice floating around out there. Thank God for MB. In fact there's a new site out there that purports to advocate marriage but mostly what it does is blast sites where they became disgruntled for whatever reason. Some have even been banned from the sites they trash. Whatever. The important thing is that the "marriage" advice being given is so loosey goosey that I feel bad for any hurting people that show up looking for help. WS are petted and cooed over without a thought how that might make newly betrayed spouses feel.

Thank GOD for MB where a person can come and get a concrete plan that WORKS!

PM,

This is how I see it.

If you are a motivated demagogue and wish to manipulate emotion and take revenge, you must start with a good story. Then you go about identifying and establishing ties to a confused and gullible sub-set of the population, and offer them stories that detail what went wrong, with particular emphasis on making them feel like victims. After all, the less you know about what is going on in actuality, the more you feel like you have no control over it.

The story does not have to be true. It needs to make an occasional tilt toward the facts, but it does not need to be factually accurate. It just has to make sense and tie in a couple events. Half-truths, I call them. But quarter and 10% truths will work too.

The story will help you to colonize confused and unsuspecting minds. It will play on their juvenile insecurities and even make them feel popular (again or better yet for the first time). Thereafter you will be able to get them to do what you want them to do. Like waywards, they make choices and then stick to those choices in light of ever-crumbling rationalization and justifications and despite all reason. Reason can be ignored or soothed by just making up ANOTHER story.

If seduction and manipulation is your game, storytelling is the way to go. A good story will fire up the emotional engines while anesthetizing all forms of rational thought and control. Works for waywards. Works for shameless disgruntled angry vengeful posters too.

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
P
P
Originally Posted by MrWondering
[quote=princessmeggy]

PM,

This is how I see it.

If you are a motivated demagogue and wish to manipulate emotion and take revenge, you must start with a good story. Then you go about identifying and establishing ties to a confused and gullible sub-set of the population, and offer them stories that detail what went wrong, with particular emphasis on making them feel like victims. After all, the less you know about what is going on in actuality, the more you feel like you have no control over it.

The story does not have to be true. It needs to make an occasional tilt toward the facts, but it does not need to be factually accurate. It just has to make sense and tie in a couple events. Half-truths, I call them. But quarter and 10% truths will work too.

The story will help you to colonize confused and unsuspecting minds. It will play on their juvenile insecurities and even make them feel popular (again or better yet for the first time). Thereafter you will be able to get them to do what you want them to do. Like waywards, they make choices and then stick to those choices in light of ever-crumbling rationalization and justifications and despite all reason. Reason can be ignored or soothed by just making up ANOTHER story.

If seduction and manipulation is your game, storytelling is the way to go. A good story will fire up the emotional engines while anesthetizing all forms of rational thought and control. Works for waywards. Works for shameless disgruntled angry vengeful posters too.

Mr. W

Interesting.
Veddy interesting indeed.

M
M
And when it comes down to figuring out how much better you're doing than the "other" sites, I have to assume that the owner of the website has a different goal than helping marriages. I think the goal is 'beating' other websites. Scary. Unproductive.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 01/30/11 08:07 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009

P
P
I think you guys have nailed it.

MB rocks. That other place throws stones. smile

Last edited by princessmeggy; 01/30/11 08:35 PM.

M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I think you guys have nailed it.

MB rocks. That other place throws stones. smile
OH! I get it! Am I quick, or what!?
I know...'what' laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 935 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation