Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
you're all out living your lives happily now. Right?

I'd like to think that's the case since I'l be joining you soon.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010
Him-several affairs, last one 3/2011
Divorced filed 3/2011, final 3/2012

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
R
R
we are happy mostly because we are rid of lies, drama and being manipulated by our exes smile

I do not blame the xwh for his affairs and abandoning our marriage. He fulfills 90% of the Cleckley Criteria

I forgive him for his insanity and I forgive myself for being gullible to his charms.
F
F
Originally Posted by MyJourney

It's not slow for me.

laugh

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
O
O
LOL, Fred.
I've noticed Divorce is painstakingly slow and there isn't a whole lot to talk about. Expecially as compared with the SAA board where hour to hour things can be crucially important (e.g. the exposure process, or closing your bank account before you WS gets to it). Dating is also relatively slow and certainly less emotionally charged (ie less interesting). You start out with a date per week typically so there's no need to post or get responses multiple times per day, like in the SAA board.

So, MJ, to really answer your quesion: yes, for me personally, once the SAA stuff is over (I was just reading my thread from exactly one year ago...), life is generally MUCH better; even if it sucks a little. I hated being married to a recalcitrant wayward. For me, dating is much more fun. smile

Opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
A
A
1)The drama is gone and things are more peaceful.
2)Being single again stinks.
3)Too busy being a single parent to post.

Those are my reasons..lol smile

me-36
exh-35 bipolar/addiction issues
2 DS
Married 9 yrs / Separated Aug 08 / Divorced since July 2009
Trying to put my life back together......
K
K
Nothing much exciting happening in my life to report...it's the usual commute/work/chores. But it's peaceful and it's definitely much better than being in the marriage I was in. I don't need the drama and anxiety!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
M
OP Offline
M
Lol @ Fred.

So the consensus is that everyone seems to be really happy to be away from the drama as the highlight. I'm looking forward to that.

Without the drama, I guess I'll have more energy to invest in healthier and happier things.

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like normal lives. smile

Last edited by MyJourney; 01/25/11 11:11 PM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
R
R
I hope you can move on and be happy soon!

Time heals.

Live and let live.
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Rhodie.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

A
A
Originally Posted by MyJourney

For me, yes, absolutely! It really is better on the other side of the D fence.

For the waywards, not so much. My ex got pregnant unexpectedly by OM #2, and is now filing for bankruptcy.

Formerly ConfuzedHusband
BH
WW (Now XW)
Married 4 years, No children.
EA/PA from 2/2008 to 5/2008.
DDay: 5/17/2008 - Separated 6/1/2008 - Filed 8/3/2008
Divorce final 3/2009.

Now in a committed relationship with a woman of character who loves me so much better and deeper than I ever dreamed possible. I had no idea what I was missing out on and am so grateful God gave me a free "second chance" at love and life.
M
OP Offline
M
For me, yes, absolutely! It really is better on the other side of the D fence.

Awesome. Ray of hope.

For the waywards, not so much. My ex got pregnant unexpectedly by OM #2, and is now filing for bankruptcy.

Pesky consequences.

I pray for my husband. grin

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation