Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
KayC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
This morning on the radio's talk show they had a listener call in, "Kimberly" and she had been married 18 years to a nice guy who pays the mortgage, they have two kids, teenagers, and she's started having an affair "with a big black guy" (her and her husband are white and he's a bigot...so she says). She says she's having this affair because she does everything for everyone else and she needs something for HER!

After the DJ called her a selfish [censored] and the DJs and listeners lambasted her for her narcissism, she finally hung up. But not before they told her consequence day is soon coming and she'd better be prepared. It didn't seem to bother her that she's hurting her husband, her kids, her family and in-laws, and God only knows who else, because after all "she needs something for HER!"

Well I hope she GETS "something for her"! I hope she gets her walking papers, no house, no kids, no support, and we all know when that day comes "big black guy" won't be there for her, because after all, he's not looking for baggage or someone to support, he just wants the free roll in the hay he signed on for! In the end, her kids will have all kinds of problems for life because of her selfish decisions, her STBXH (he will be by then) will have extreme heartache and trust issues because of her self-centeredness, all kinds of people will be affected, but by gosh "she needs something for HER!"

I was truly impressed that joe blow public out there seems to have some moral sense of right and wrong because on the "Bob and Sherri show", this person got her butt chewing royally!

Oh BTW, she "doesn't want a divorce". Ha ha, LOL! She's gonna be gettin' one! I like what the DJ told her...he said she's every guy's worst nightmare!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
M
M
Hmmmm....She exposed herself. Nice.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010
Him-several affairs, last one 3/2011
Divorced filed 3/2011, final 3/2012

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
A
A
Sounds staged to me..... to drum up some manufactured drama.
Think about it: Why would a woman call up a radio show to expose herself to the world as a cheater?

I worked as an intern at a radio station in Southern California in 2002 for a year during college.... Morning shows are heavily planned, written, and scripted.

Still, even if it's fake, I always like knowing that our society's morals are still sort of in the right place. Hmm.... except for that horrible Ashley Madison site...

Formerly ConfuzedHusband
BH
WW (Now XW)
Married 4 years, No children.
EA/PA from 2/2008 to 5/2008.
DDay: 5/17/2008 - Separated 6/1/2008 - Filed 8/3/2008
Divorce final 3/2009.

Now in a committed relationship with a woman of character who loves me so much better and deeper than I ever dreamed possible. I had no idea what I was missing out on and am so grateful God gave me a free "second chance" at love and life.
K
KayC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It didn't sound staged, it sounded like she was defending her right to do what she wanted and they were aghast...

C
C
KC

Could you link the show please? I couldn't find it.

Thanks

M
M
She sounds just like the typical dumb as a stump wayward wife who shows up on this board all cocky and arrogant insisting she is entitled to an affair. "I have given and given and now it is my turn!" That arrogance and sense of entitlement renders her functionally retarded enough to out her self on a radio show. It doesn't surprise me one bit. Many of them of shameless. They are loud and proud...........and as dumb as they come.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Think about it: Why would a woman call up a radio show to expose herself to the world as a cheater?

Because she is stupid. And proud of it! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Please?

K
KayC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I found the site
http://www.bobandsheri.com/a/recap/index.cfm
but haven't been able to locate the particular broadcast I heard. (I do remember hearing the faking it one this week so I know I'm close.) I tried calling their phone number 1.888.BOB.SHERI and never get an answer. I've emailed them and hopefully I'll get a response.

E
E
Folks, I remember something I read about cheaters when I was going through my wife's cheating ways. First, they convince themselves that they do not want to hurt anybody, then they convince themselves that it is not wrong, and finally, they convince themselves that it is the RIGHT thing to do.

I believe the psychologists have a name for this - Cognitive Dissonance. It is what happens when their actions run counter to their stated beliefs and morals. They have to find a way to justify the behavior, so they come up with all sorts of nonsense. Ie. " I am doing something for myself." That could be used to justify everything from affairs to thievery.

Last edited by Erwin_flagstone; 02/12/11 05:36 PM.
K
KayC Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I received an "automated response" after I last posted and it just gave the same links I'd already looked at so no help from them. Not worth spending any more time on...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation