Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
OP Offline
L
he said he wants to work out a parenting agreement with me and we both take it to our lawyers to avoid court and attorny fees. he said he wanted to save us both money, especially since his lawyer in in casa grande and mine in show low, but the court is in florence. so i told him to write his proposal and email it to me so i can go over it, because he had not given me anything like that. i on the other hand gave him a written proposal and he told me last week he agreed to it and would take it to his lawyer and sign it. now he is renigging on that and says he wants the kids ever other week for the full week. i don't see how that can be conducive for the kids and he wouldnt see them much more than he already does anyway because they would have to be in day care 9hrs a day. when i asked him to write that he said "you are forcing me to do this the hard way and it's gonna cost a lot of money. and i will demand reconciliation court so that will be 3 trips for your laywer" what an a$$. anyway. what are your experiences with week on week off custody? i think he fails to keep in mind that this is only in regards to temporary custody. and with week on week off, i could lose my new job. once i finish orentation i will more than likely be working weekends and keeping the arrangements as they have been going allows each parent to have the children on days off. he is being extremely difficult. id be more than happy to let him take the kids more often if he wasnt just sticking them in daycare.

Me 29
WH 35
M on 1/14/06
D4 & S2.5
W
W
Keep in mind that week on, week off wouldn't really work once the kids got to be school age, especially if you're still living so far apart. And your oldest is 4, so kindergarten isn't all that far off.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
L
OP Offline
L
i dont think week on week off would work because he is already telling the kids mommy is mean and selfish and she doesnt love you as much as me etc. i think a week of that at 4 yrs old will really mess her up

Me 29
WH 35
M on 1/14/06
D4 & S2.5
L
OP Offline
L
why am i so confused? after all he has done to me and the kids, why have i started to miss him and think that i want us to work out our marriage? through all of this he has insisted that he doesnt want a divorce and my walls have been so high up that D is the only thing i wanted. i was asked out on a date and since then i have begun to waiver on my decision to D. is that normal? lord knows im not ready to date, nor do i want to, so why did the possibility send me into a confused state of whether or not i truly want a D? fear of the unknown? how does it work if we decide to put a stay on the D with the kids and me living 3 hrs away? do the courts still honor custody agreements? and how do i deal with the fact that faced with divorce H has thrown himself into the church...LDS...and i have found that though the principles there are great, i just don't believe in the Book of Mormon and i want to find a different church. well i guess that would be a good test.

Me 29
WH 35
M on 1/14/06
D4 & S2.5
B
B
The LDS have very specific ideas about M. I think you would have to get on board (or at least agree to) these ideas, or a reconciliation would be a disaster.

That is not judging the LDS. That is pointing out a fact.

You need to get a plan. Do not date. Do not even think of it now. Are you giving messages (w/o realizing - that you are available?- just asking.)

{{{L2L}}}

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation