Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2472901 02/06/11 07:26 PM
P
OP Offline
P
The Internet has lots of useful tools for digging up info on people. Here are just a few:

1. Court websites: most courts now have online case histories and some even have the actual documents for viewing. Search for the court in your county or whatever county you need and look for a link for record searches. You can usually get county records, district court records and criminal records.

2. Pipl.com: Very good FREE search engine that will pull up a lot of info on a person (i.e., social networking sites, addresses, court records, etc.)

3. Spokeo.com: Kind of good, if you can get the info you need on the first round. If you choose to go deeper, there may be a cost.

I'll try and think of some more.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Don't forget simple things like the phone directory and the electoral register.

I found OW's landline number in an international phone directory that I retrieved in seconds.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
I have found that the Internet makes finding intel on the OP or his/her spouse really easy. You can start by just Googling a name and you will probably instantly get a number of listings for one person.

If you google my or my H's name, you will find our workplace websites where you will find our email addresses and work landline numbers. I HATE that this is so for me, but I found it a godsend when I was trying to find OWH.

Many companies put staff details online, for staff who in some way need to have a public face.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Don't forget simple things like the phone directory and the electoral register.

I found OW's landline number in an international phone directory that I retrieved in seconds.

You would be surprised how many people never think of using the most obvious resource, the phone book. They are in a panic and will miss obvious, but valuable resources such as this. whitepages.com is a great resource.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
I have found that the Internet makes finding intel on the OP or his/her spouse really easy. You can start by just Googling a name and you will probably instantly get a number of listings for one person.

If you google my or my H's name, you will find our workplace websites where you will find our email addresses and work landline numbers. I HATE that this is so for me, but I found it a godsend when I was trying to find OWH.

Many companies put staff details online, for staff who in some way need to have a public face.

I just did a search for "Mr. and Mrs. SugarCane" and I didn't find you guys anywhere! Hmmm. Since I live in Texas, maybe it's under "SugaCane". think

smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I just did a search for "Mr. and Mrs. SugarCane" and I didn't find you guys anywhere! Hmmm. Since I live in Texas, maybe it's under "SugaCane". think

smile

I always was suspicious about that foreign devil gal... skeptical

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
You're both nuts!

Totally barking bonkers!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Totally barking bonkers!
Mel, she's doing that foreign-language thing again!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
For the umpteenth time, bliss:

I'm not foreign. All of you are.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
For the umpteenth time, bliss:

I'm not foreign. All of you are.

Americans are not foreigners, you silly foreigner!! sigh

The internet is American, how did you foreigners get in here anyway?? skeptical

Exposure 101

M
M
That's right. The internet was invented by our own Al "the sky is warming! the sky is warming!" Gore.

[Linked Image from lareadingglasses.com]

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
Oh, please!

The Internet was invented by Tim Berners Lee, and he's British!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
F
F
Oh, please!

The Internet was invented by Tim Berners Lee, and he's British!
Au contraire, mon frere.

The "Internet" was invented by ARPA/DARPA - the Advanced Research Projects Agency/Defense yada yada yada. It was a consortium of U.S. government agencies and academic institutions.

Tim Berners-Lee is credited with inventing the World Wide Web (W3). Which is what we access when we use a web browser.

But the "Internet" is a technical construct that also includes email, ftp, telnet, finger, gopher, whatis, and a host of other technologies and programs that the everyday user has no knowledge of.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
S
S
So where did Al Gore come into it?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
So where did Al Gore come into it?
LOL! That was a joke - sorry, I forgot you're over there.

Al Gore was a vice-president of our country who was once mis-interpreted in an interview regarding his part in the beginnings of the internet.

Many people have claimed that he said he 'invented' the internet, which is incorrect. He actually said that he took the 'initiative' to advance technology that resulted in the groundwork for the internet. His statement was self-serving posturing, at best, but no matter. People had a field day with it.

He's going to be the butt of internet-inventor jokes for the rest of time. Like the one I threw out there yesterday smile

D-Day 2-10-2009

B
B
Hello, I need to find a good reputable website, that can do a reverse email. The ones mentioned above have a bad reputation with the BBB. Anyone out there have tried a website that they would recommend?? Thank you.

S
S
Originally Posted by Eleonor
Hello, I need to find a good reputable website, that can do a reverse email. The ones mentioned above have a bad reputation with the BBB. Anyone out there have tried a website that they would recommend?? Thank you.
Which websites do you mean, Eleonor? And what is the BBB, and in what do they say about these websites?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
F
F
Better Business Bureau which has its own reputation problems, lol

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
F
F
I used intelius.com to get an email address. Not expensive and fairly reliable. I got the OW's street addy from pipl.com and it is FREE. If they have a landline, then they will show up from my experience.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
M
M
Originally Posted by Eleonor

link please!

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation