Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 47 1 2 44 45 46 47
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Pep, sometimes even I still have trouble calling a spade a spade.

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
S
Mymissy, what a BEAUTIFUL letter. Wonderful. smile

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Scotty.
Letter has been sent to all three and I will be having dinner with the twins Tuesday evening.

I have spoken to DstepD several times this weekend; she wanted several recipes for her superbowl party. That made me feel really good that she called me to get those from, actually her brother told her to ask me if I would make the things they like and bring them up to them smile but she thought with my recipes that she could make it just as good.

At this point I cherish what contact I have with them - I hope it will only continue to grow as it has been over the past several months.

I do feel that I have been a point of stability in their lives.
Thanks everyone for helping me continue that.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
H
H
My missy,

Great letter and I am sure they will feel some stability in their chaos with their parents. Don't be surprised if one or two of them take you up on the offer.

You are doing a great job. Blessings.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
N
N
At this point I cherish what contact I have with them - I hope it will only continue to grow as it has been over the past several months.

This truely is a treasure that will grow as long as your heart is open to them. They are extremely blessed to have you in their lives.

Just wanted to pop in. I do keep up on your thread yet. You are doing so great in all of this.

nESRE

nesre #2473325 02/07/11 09:38 PM
J
J
Hi missy!

I don't think I've ever posted to you before, but I just wanted to tell you something I have learned from my own life experience.

First, a little back-story (very abridged)- I'm adopted, as were all my siblings-5 total (including my twin-John. We were lucky enough to be adopted together). Here's what I have learned from this life experience: Family isn't just about blood relations...sometimes you "make" your family.

Here's a poem that my mom shared with me:

"Not flesh of my flesh,
or bone of my bone,
but still somehow miraculously,
my own.

Don't forget, not for a minute,
you weren't born under my heart,
but in it."

You're a hero in my eyes smile

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, have had a few updates; DstepK crazy mother moved back in with affairage spouse.
Basically kids are upset because they know she is only doing this because of what they said to her. DstepD21 plans to tell her mom not to move back on their account and that they know she will only repeat her actions.
What craziness they have in their lives; I'm glad they are at college and rarely at home anymore.

2nd update; I have finally adopted a second dog - a 5 year old female powderpuff Chinese crested. She was in foster care for 18 months. She and my other Chinese crested are tentatively getting along.
We are only at the 24 hour mark, so far it looks good.
I have also applied to volunteer with Crest-Care the crested rescue organization.

So that, along with my job, and taking care of 2 dogs should start to fill my days even more.

I have also decided to put myself back in counseling; I seem to be having an extremely tough time letting go emotionally. I am tired of being sad, so this seems like an appropriate avenue. Not sure a counselor can tell me anything I already don't know in my head, but worth a shot.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

N
N
Originally Posted by mymissy
Well, have had a few updates; DstepK crazy mother moved back in with affairage spouse.
Basically kids are upset because they know she is only doing this because of what they said to her. DstepD21 plans to tell her mom not to move back on their account and that they know she will only repeat her actions.
What craziness they have in their lives; I'm glad they are at college and rarely at home anymore.

What a crazy situation. They are so blessed to have you in their lives.

2nd update; I have finally adopted a second dog - a 5 year old female powderpuff Chinese crested. She was in foster care for 18 months. She and my other Chinese crested are tentatively getting along.
We are only at the 24 hour mark, so far it looks good.
I have also applied to volunteer with Crest-Care the crested rescue organization.

Congrats on both.

So that, along with my job, and taking care of 2 dogs should start to fill my days even more.

I have also decided to put myself back in counseling; I seem to be having an extremely tough time letting go emotionally. I am tired of being sad, so this seems like an appropriate avenue. Not sure a counselor can tell me anything I already don't know in my head, but worth a shot.

I may not be the best one to talk about this with where I am currently at but it sounds like the stages of grief. YOUR human!!! We all hopefully work through them at our own pace and order to get to personal recovery. Doesn't sound like your stuck maybe just need some help.

A good IC will help to insure you don't get stuck. Your right-It is all inside of you-Sometimes we just need someone IRL to bounce what we already know off of. Almost more like a coach to keep us going and accountable.

I don't spend much time on the D/D'd thread but maybe others there have more insight into this that would be helpful. Not sure but might be worth a try.

nESRE

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by johnstwin
Family isn't just about blood relations...sometimes you "make" your family.

Here's a poem that my mom shared with me:

"Not flesh of my flesh,
or bone of my bone,
but still somehow miraculously,
my own.

Don't forget, not for a minute,
you weren't born under my heart,
but in it."

You're a hero in my eyes smile

Thanks johnstwin, that is a beautiful poem.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I may not be the best one to talk about this with where I am currently at but it sounds like the stages of grief. YOUR human!!! We all hopefully work through them at our own pace and order to get to personal recovery. Doesn't sound like your stuck maybe just need some help.

Thanks Nesre, sometimes I forget that. I think I just want things "better", period.
And it all still seems so unfair and surreal.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well apparently the crap still just doesn't stop.

I have decided this spring to get new LR furniture; I am giving the current furniture to DstepK's21 for college apartments. They seemed pretty excited about getting nice furniture.
So, then they go home last weekend and DstepD has her hair done by my SIL and proceeds to say that "she doesn't want the furniture; she is mad that I demanded and insisted on taking it and leaving her father with an empty house, and if I wanted it so bad, why was I now getting rid of it; etc, etc".

I would like to think that DstepK are smart enough and savvy enough to look at both sides and determine the truth. But these do sound like her daddy's words. (just for the record, I never demanded or insisted on any of the household furnishings, POSXWH is who divided the furniture and when I moved, that was the furniture I took)

What bugs me the most in this is the fact that in all that has been lost and destroyed and all the people that were hurt - are a couple of pieces of furniture really the important focus??? The second part of this is if those are her fathers words what does he really gain by attempting to drive a wedge in our relationship??

Now this information has come to me 3rd party - by my brother. And I always have to take anything my SIL says with a grain of salt; 1st she only hears what she wants to hear and 2nd she never relays it correctly - its always exaggerated.

Do I bring this up to the kids and set the record straight (I could show them the first draft of legal separation that their dad did behind my back), do I let it go and not mention it at all???

Any advice appreciated.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

R
R
I wouldn't bring it up.

You will constantly have little statements make their way to you that are not nice or accurate and you must just see them for what they are..... people making innacurate/incomplete judgements. Period.

Last edited by reading; 02/20/11 10:51 AM. Reason: removed disrespectful word...lol

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Reading, that is the direction I was leaning in.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

S
S
I agree as well. You were giving the furniture out of love. If the furniture winds up in your WXH's house, you won't know because you are in Plan B. Don't let the words of another change your actions. You are a great person. And IF WXH IS trying to put a wedge in your DstepKids and your R, he will be the one who suffers as his children will see what kind of man he really is. You are amazing. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Scotty, I just needed some reassurance.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well had dinner last night with the kids; no mention of furniture, no mention of being upset.?.
The conversation did turn briefly about their crazy mother (she did not move back in with affairage spouse and continues to live with AP, she is filing for divorce). I don't remember what brought up the subject; but I asked if they really thought that she would be happy in her current R. They responded - I would hope so, but probably not. I then asked did they think that WXH and POSOW would live happily ever after, and DstepD responded - I would like to think so.
I kept my comments in...I feel as though DstepD wants to say - but they are happy, just doesn't want to hurt my feelings.
However, the impression that I get occasionally from OW H is that things are not perfect and happy in affairland.
But I am in dark plan B and do not know those things. smile
I am beginning to realize how important absolutely letting no information in truly is.

My fear for DstepK is that the craziness they have been subjected to - as children and now as adults - has actually become the norm for them. They are hoping that their dad will be happy in his current R, not acknowledging the devastation caused to get their. And like the rest of that dysfunctional family, they have learned to not acknowledge what they see, not call a spade a spade, accept lies and deception.

I think that all I can do is set the best example I can for them and hope/pray for the best. IDK anymore. frown

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

S
S
Mymissy, it is sad that people learn to accept things that they actually thought immoral at one time. I was talking to a co-worker on Sunday. I happened to talk about my WH and the A. She said, "Do your children know about the A?" I said, "Of course they do. They need to know not to like OW and that she helped destroy their family." Her eyes bugged out, I could tell that she didn't like that. I don't care though. Then she said, "Well because my H and I are separated, and we have a GF and Bf but it wasn't because of an A." That's when MY eyes bugged out. No A? They are still married and are "dating" other people, sounds like and A to me. Then, in response to me stating that MOST As end within 2 years, she says, without any misgivings, "My dad has been with his OW for more years than he was with my mom." So, she saw it growing up and grew to believe that it was acceptable. puke

Your DstepK may one day be faced with an opportunity to enter into an A, my only wish is that they will remember YOU and NOT do it(even though their parents have given them HORRIBLE examples of what to do).

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Scotty, I don't believe that I ever mentioned on my own thread; but have recently posted it on another thread. But my parents divorced when I was 20, my brothers were in high school and junior high; I was living on my own 2 hours away and in college.

They divorced due to an A my father had; he married his AP and the affairage has now been 20+ years. So while they have not fallen to the statistics; I would say they are not happy either.
My father has never let my mother go, and early on in his affairage he was technically having an A with my mother. Now while my mother no longer allows "that" to go on; he is still there anytime my "stepmother" is out of town, he hangs out at my mom's house. ?????
Basically they are comfortable roommates who enjoy a lifestyle together; but I don't see any real love or connection. Kind of sad especially when you go back the 20+ years and look at what each other gave up.

Eeewwwhhh, is all I can say then and now regarding what my dad was doing.

Now while I still love my dad and actually get along very well with my "stepmother"; I can honestly say that I don't love her and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her; but that is as far as my feelings go.

The point I am babbling to get to is this - even though my mother is better off without him, she has never really moved forward - I use her as an example of how I don't want my life. The other part is - I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR MY FATHER OR STEPMOTHER - AND NEVER WILL. I actually told my father many years ago to leave mom alone and let her get on with her life. He obviously didn't listen.

I used what I saw and tried to model my own life around what I thought to be right and wrong; and the examples I wanted to set. While POSWXH and I were dating; I would never spend the night on the weekends he had the kids. I never wanted to give them the wrong impression. I did not "officially" move in to the house until after we were engaged and were only a few weeks away from the actual wedding date.

Now I look at what he and POSOW are doing (she is still married and he was still married when he moved her in); they was no regard for the 3 little kids, and the example for my DstepK once again is chock full of crap.

IDK if they will remember the small example I have tried to set for them and continued to give them.
This is when I think that "nice guys really do finish last"; I hope not.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, no wayward, A, or divorce stuff to report. All is quiet on the pregnant WW front. That is good.
Nothing to report on the DstepK either - all seems good.
Little hard this week; POSXWH's b-day was yesterday. I still can't believe it has been a whole year since everything turned so ugly.

I have to ask; is it normal for a WW - XWH or otherwise to close all contact with the BS? I read some of the other thread's and see that the WW bounces back and forth, attempts occasional contact, stirs the pot, etc. In my case, he appeared to make a choice/decision and then that was it.
I guess in the plan B/D that is good; but it makes me wonder - was I such a horrible spouse? I didn't think so, I always based anything I did on how it impacted "us". Was POSOW a better choice? His lies came back to bite him and his life is no longer what he used to want. But yet he continues on this path.
These are the things I struggle with; I continue to self blame for all that happened.

Still struggling with moving forward; I feel stuck.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

R
R
All human questions you have.

Re-focus on how what he thinks, what he thinks....ultimately doesn't matter.

He does not define you.

Page 46 of 47 1 2 44 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation