Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 89 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 88 89
M
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Rescuing dogs? Puh. How positively common. I want midgets, cocaine, mallets, and roulette wheels in my Hollywood stories!

I am so offended! We have cokeheads in my family! sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
I want midgets...

Hey, watch the name-calling, buster!

This applies to some in my family, and it can be incredibly insulting to use that term. Just sayin'. smile
They have Little People on TLC who rescue bull dogs.

Just sayin'. Not that it has anything at all to do with this thread.
dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
P
Besides .... a good percentage of production is now being done in Canada. shocked

Hence and therefore ....

Canadian People = losers
rotflmao

P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I'd be pretty offended if my family drank coke, too ...

Wait ...

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Besides .... a good percentage of production is now being done in Canada. shocked

Hence and therefore ....

Canadian People = losers
rotflmao

Tell that to Sean Penn and Janeane Crapafalo... grin

We could be so lucky if they went to Canada!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by Prisca

Wait ...

ding-ding-ding

We have a winner !
rotflmao

M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca

Wait ...

I LOVE HER!! hurray

Exposure 101

F
F
Hollywood people = losers.

rant begins now ....

The vast majority of people who work in the TV and film industry are not losers.
They are hard working family people.

Those Hollywood people include the two guys who wrote and produced and stared in your H's favorite TV comedy show (now enjoying re-run heaven). The nicest guys you'd ever want to meet.
Funny. Self effacing.
And, as hard as it is to imagine, given their TV wardrobe choices laugh , very family devoted.

What you are talking about, I suspect, are the very visible & vocal minority who are in the public eye for misbehaving. And really, they are the tinniest minority.

To miscast an entire group this way ... "Hollywood people = losers" ... lacks accuracy as well as imagination.

Both of my H's AA sponsors are Hollywood people. Both exceptionally talented and both good men. Solid men with good moral standards.
One of his sponsors did 2 tours of duty as a Marine in Viet Nam before he became a character actor. You see him every day in a variety of commercials & other shows. He is a stand up guy who visits men in prison for no other reason than to help them.

My good friend's husband, and my H's good friend, is a hollywood person too. He's a Julliard educated musician who has been composing music you've enjoyed for decades. I guarantee that there are few Americans who have not said this about his most famous composition: "I love that song". He neither smokes, nor drinks, nor gambles, nor chases women. He is funny, and probably the smartest person I currently know. Better than that, he is kind and caring and humble. Never mind the gold records on his wall. He is a mench.

Shall I tell you about the wardrobe mistress who rescues dogs?
The location manager who cares for his ailing wife?
The numerous craft service people who are on set by 4:30 to make sure the food is ready by the time the crew gets there?

These are but a few of the examples I could write about, the Hollywood people I know and love. I could go on and on. And, I do take umbrage to them being called losers by anyone who has no idea what they are talking about.

You touched a nerve, in case you couldn't tell.
I decided to speak up for my friends.
They are good people who work in the industry and are definitely not losers.

/rant
Hugs to you and Mr. Pep! I am so glad you posted this rant. It felt so one sided and much like the media likes to portray Christians. Yes, all of us Christians are murderous, bible thumping, judgemental about everything FOOLS!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
H
H
Rescuing dogs? Puh. How positively common. I want midgets, cocaine, mallets, and roulette wheels in my Hollywood stories!

Oh great! So now I can't pick on midgets and cokeheads... next thing I'll be homosexual for patting a softball teammate on the butt during a game...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
P
P
Originally Posted by faithful follower
Hugs to you and Mr. Pep! I am so glad you posted this rant. It felt so one sided and much like the media likes to portray Christians. Yes, all of us Christians are murderous, bible thumping, judgemental about everything FOOLS!

That's the problem with making global sweeping generalizations about any group that is, by nature, diverse.
Especially without citing any data to back it up.

There will be some who fit the stereotype, and many more who do not.

Not all southern gals are toothless, pregnant by their uncle, and skinning a squirrel for tonight's dinner. Right, Luri? stickout

M
M

That's the problem with making global sweeping generalizations about any group that is, by nature, diverse.

Not all southern gals are toothless, pregnant by their uncle, and skinning a squirrel for tonight's dinner. Right, Luri? stickout

I guess an apology is not enough? What would be enough, then?

Exposure 101

P
P
I guess an apology is not enough? What would be enough, then?

That's easy! smile
A pic of your H wearing that TV show baseball cap my H sent him. flirt

I'm actually not angry. smile
I just want to say what I want to say.
Just like you.

M
M

And frankly, when someone does make such jokes about the south [and I hear them often], I laugh. Since I know those generalizations are not true, why would I take it personally?

But if someone did offend me with a joke and they apologized, I think I would be gracious enough to accept their apology rather than pile on.

So just what will it take to assuage your offense? Tell me what..

Exposure 101

H
H

Pfff... science people....

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
P
P
Originally Posted by Mel
So just what will it take to assuage your offense? Tell me what..

See previous post.

T
T
Sadly, some southern women are like that....and a lot of them have children on Toddlers and Tiaras.

Seriously, what is with that show???? I mean, I was in pageants....because I wanted to be. I watched it some at the hotel this weekend....and it made me quite sad. Let's spend some of that sequin money on grammar lessons people!!

Actually, I have been rebuked before about my apparent anti-redneck snobbery. I was one of those southern girls who went to charm school and still doesn't wear white after Labor Day....and my china set has finger bowls! But I still pass gas sometimes

hahahahahahahahaha

T
T
Here's a rant - these last few posts have nothing to do with marriage and the lazy old mods haven't even once said:

"Let's stick to Marriage Building Folks"

hee hee hee. I just feel the need to include them sometimes because they just sit and read all this stuff all day, with their names just sitting there all lonely at the bottom of the screen. No one every writes or calls or sends them cookies. It's like being a teacher, except at least little kids are cute.

P
P
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
Here's a rant - these last few posts have nothing to do with marriage and the lazy old mods haven't even once said:

"Let's stick to Marriage Building Folks"

Drinking coke has everything to do with marriage. I think it's a deal breaker.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
cool

We will accept cookies.

mbseasons@aol.com
S
S

Hence and therefore ....

Canadian People = losers
rotflmao

AHEM toe tap

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 38 of 89 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation