Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 89 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 88 89
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Belts are overrated, stick to jogging pants. They are in style at Walmart... laugh

Not up here. Sometimes, customers at Walmart wear NO PANTS. I mean the sign says, "No shirt No shoes No service" it says NOTHING about PANTS.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
..Actually, I have been rebuked before about my apparent anti-redneck snobbery. ..

You guys are killin me really..

I was told the term red-neck came from a condition that midwest farmers got from eating to much corn in thier diet, but then I got muhself edgamucated.

It comes from a band of freedom fighters in appalachia, who fought against the coal-mining corperations, and wore red bandanas around there necks. There land was being destroyed. Dirty tree huggin rednecks.

I remember being about 5 years old, and being brought up in a time when little kids could leave thier house for about two hours, and not have to worry as much about them being abducted, (1962?), and in a pretty decent small town in western Mass. Well an older kid, about ten or twelve, took me hunting one day, and we shot a squirrel and cooked it over a fire in the woods. No he didn't try to have sex with me, but he did teach me how to slaughter chickens, cuz thats how his family made money. (Running around like a chicken with its head cut off means a little more when your a 5 yr old and you are the one who did it.)

Then there was the county Marshall, who was also a neighbor. I was shocked when I picked up a kitten from the road that had been just ran over, and its head was crushed, but it was still moving, and I brought it to him, because it was right outside his yard. He finished it off with a hammer, and put it out of its misery. I cried and ran home to tell Mom. I learned that was mercy for a suffering animal. I hope they would do the same if it happened to me. You learn that stuff being around them there country folk. I wouldn't want to live with tubes sticking out of me with no ability to respond to anybody, what kind of life would that be? with no hope of recovery. Crippled is one thing, I have messed up legs since 12, and still have a good life. Brain dead is another, at that point I am just an ornament. But thats just my opinion. Then again, if I took another life with premeditation, not in war or self-defense, I would also call it mercy if authorites took mine also. But that is just the redneck in me.

I used to be quite stunning in a tux, in my 20s, and it would be so funny to witness peoples reactions, when I was working a Host in a french restaurant,(Not a real one, just one in the local Hilton), when I would stop at the local convienience store or supermarket. See I noticed the cashiers, yes the pretty ones sorry, I am human, but they didn't remember me, at least not my alter ego who would come in when I was working on a car in my spare time. When I was dressed to kill they would allways smile and have eye contact, and when I was grubby they acted differently. I guess clothes really do make the man. puke

Which brings me around to the acting industry, and the nessesary role models we can seem to only find in movies and entertainment. Yes we all need role models, and the best stories are the ones that are true, about real people, who faced down staggaring odds, to enforce a moral code that everyone can get on board with. But we also need the roles that are fictitious, like the Rocky movies, to agree with also, to inspire. This art form has replaced books with most of todays youth, and it serves a purpose in society, and in our imaginations. Yes Hollywood is driven by advertizing, and cheap thrills are there for all of us to give into, but we still make the choice of climbing aboard the popular opinion train, and rallying around to watch the hanging of others who have fallen, or calmly ignoring them, while we just continue to take personal accoutabilty for ourselves, and make good decisions. Its unfortunate that someone like Charlie Sheen has made such bad decisions, and that he has fogged his life up with drugs, women, and blind selfish behavior, and that he is so blind he can't see it. I wonder if he ever sees that people are blind, and his actions are contributing to moral decay, and blaming it on anything else besides his own frail humanity just spins him in circles. His conscience must be in turmoil. I could never envy that, but he will allways have people who support him, especially like in the case of Tiger Woods, many believe in the image, and don't know the man. The point being, I don't think Charlie knows himself, and in the land of images, he is ruled by public opinion, and the marketplace, and whatever false Idols us humans create.

That is what I meant when I said its what happens when they become thier own Gods Pep. Its the collateral damage that many in the public eye fall victim to. If Charlie Sheen was to show up on these forums, without giving his name, and we could sort out the fog in his head, I think we all can agree we would treat him like any other Wayward. If we found out who he was, we would probably be tainted in our judgement, just like a jury who read the paper and knew something about a murder case. We are quick to hang someone according to popular opinion, and yet we do not see the big picture, and we must judge others by thier actions, we must, because we are not God, and only see and understand partly another persons life.

Its sad the film industry and the hollywood gossip has had a part in Mr. Sheens downfall, and people are so quick to crucify him, but that is part of what happens in the public eye. I think of people like Shirley Temple, and Ronald Reagan, who have contributed service to our country, along with many of the Actors and people behind the scenes who are hard working dedicated people in an art form that is so powerful, and can be used for great things. I beleive it is also.

I hope Charlie Sheen will come around and get an epiphamy, a sorta "Alone with the God of his conscience" and or maybe grow one. But I doubt many will forget what he has done, or the fogbabble he spews. Thats the price of being in the public eye, and having the money to do whatever you want. with seemingly no consequences. He is in Gods hands.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
C
C
...hee hee hee. I just feel the need to include them sometimes because they just sit and read all this stuff all day, with their names just sitting there all lonely at the bottom of the screen. No one every writes or calls or sends them cookies. It's like being a teacher, except at least little kids are cute.
rotflmao

E
E
Amen CP! I feel the same way about Ronald Reagan and Shirley Temple. President Reagan was a man btw, (read his biography and he's a hero to me as how he lived as a single father after his divorce) and probably was a betrayed spouse too, as Jane Wyman had a dubious exit to their marriage. 100% class act and his marriage to Nancy is the kind of second marriage my husband and I strive for.

He he he...back to bashing waywards right now.

Ya'll know I am NO FAN of the royal idiot, Camilla PORKER BACON...um...I mean BOWLES!

I just found out today that poor Camilla, days before her stepson marries his legitimate princess to be (aka, not a marriage born from sin like Ms. Porker-Bacons' was), that his gorgeous mom's wedding dress will be put ON DISPLAY for tourists and the world to see before the royal wedding.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH. She has to endure being second fiddle and second best again! Such is the lot for her.

Anybody know what her official title is in England? I will help you out. She is NOT the Princess of Wales. Nope.

She is (hold onto something for you will be doubled over with bouts of wicked laughter)....

Right now she is the DUCHESS OF CORNHOLE..UM...make that Cornwall!

And if Charles ever takes the throne, she will be the PRINCESS CONSORT!!!. dance2 rotflmao

Egads...I hate her hats too. But it doth cover her countenance! And for that I am truly thankful!
[Linked Image from static.guim.co.uk]

[Linked Image from kidicarus222.blogspot.com]

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
E
Fwiw, if you removed the duchess of cornhole, added a base, that hat would make a really large lamp, maybe even a floor lamp, judging from the hugeness of the diameter of the chapeau.

Or a tiny alien could borrow it and use it as a model to create a flying saucer!

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
M
M
justpeachy, you are so hilarious!! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
Originally Posted by peachyisback
Amen CP! I feel the same way about Ronald Reagan and Shirley Temple. President Reagan was a man btw, (read his biography and he's a hero to me as how he lived as a single father after his divorce) and probably was a betrayed spouse too, as Jane Wyman had a dubious exit to their marriage. 100% class act and his marriage to Nancy is the kind of second marriage my husband and I strive for.

He he he...back to bashing waywards right now.

Ya'll know I am NO FAN of the royal idiot, Camilla PORKER BACON...um...I mean BOWLES!

I just found out today that poor Camilla, days before her stepson marries his legitimate princess to be (aka, not a marriage born from sin like Ms. Porker-Bacons' was), that his gorgeous mom's wedding dress will be put ON DISPLAY for tourists and the world to see before the royal wedding.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH. She has to endure being second fiddle and second best again! Such is the lot for her.

Anybody know what her official title is in England? I will help you out. She is NOT the Princess of Wales. Nope.

She is (hold onto something for you will be doubled over with bouts of wicked laughter)....

Right now she is the DUCHESS OF CORNHOLE..UM...make that Cornwall!

And if Charles ever takes the throne, she will be the PRINCESS CONSORT!!!. dance2 rotflmao

Egads...I hate her hats too. But it doth cover her countenance! And for that I am truly thankful!
[Linked Image from static.guim.co.uk]

[Linked Image from kidicarus222.blogspot.com]

This is priceless. That hat is too ugly even for a lamp. It will help to cover her shame.

Yes Duchess of Cornhole and Charles is Duke of JackWagon.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
H
H
Originally Posted by Scotland
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Besides .... a good percentage of production is now being done in Canada. shocked

Hence and therefore ....

Canadian People = losers
rotflmao

Tell that to Sean Penn and Janeane Crapafalo... grin

We could be so lucky if they went to Canada!

STOP SENDING US YOUR GARBAGE. Nooo

WHAT?

I still haven't forgiven you for Martin Short and Celine Dion.... not to mention Pamela Anderson.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
WHAT?

I still haven't forgiven you for Martin Short and Celine Dion.... not to mention Pamela Anderson.

Folks, you should go to some of our US border towns and see what those Canadians inflict on us every year!!! They send these little short, overly polite senior citizens on "holiday" [that means vacation] in the US. They flood many of our border towns. They are all short and don't know how to use turn lanes so they can barely see over the dashboards and cause traffic jams for miles! crazy THANKS OH CANADA! sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
WHAT?

Folks, you should go to some of our US border towns and see what those Canadians inflict on us every year!!! They send these little short, overly polite senior citizens on "holiday" [that means vacation] in the US. They flood many of our border towns. They are all short and don't know how to use turn lanes so they can barely see over the dashboards and cause traffic jams for miles! crazy THANKS OH CANADA! sigh

Mel, Canada is North of us... those border town tourists of yours are Mexicans... doh2

Canadians are much pastier. Take it from someone who shares a border with BC, eh?

Last edited by HoldHerHand; 03/01/11 06:42 PM.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
L
L
In 2001, at least one Canadian border guard gave us a big laugh. No...NOT because he was short, but because his bulb seemed to be a little bit dim.

We went across the border to see Niagara Falls. It was raining and cold...just a miserable day, so we stayed a few hours and came back across the border.

Of course, he asked all the usual questions that he probably knew all the answers to, considering that they had most likely already checked our license plates.

So, he asked where we were from, and we told him our state in the Deep South. Then, he wanted to know why we had come to Canada and why we only stayed 4 hours. We replied, "To see the Falls." He then said, "You mean you drove all the way to Canada just to spend only 4 hours at Niagara Falls?"

rotflmao

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
M
M
WHAT?

Mel, Canada is North of us... those border town tourists of yours are Mexicans... doh2

Canadians are much pastier. Take it from someone who shares a border with BC, eh?

I live in Detroit...

Oddly, Canada is DUE SOUTH of me.

M
M

bwahahaaa! you nut!! I lived in damnyankee land for 15 years!! rotflmao I CAN tell a Canadian from a Mexican! sigh

Eh, indeedy! grin

Exposure 101

T
T
I have one thing to say:

This is Alabama....we speak English.

Actually, if you have ever lived in certain parts of AL you know this is a lie. We do not always speak English. In fact, if ye come in and set a spell, I'll fix ye a cold drank. But git on inside cause it's comin' up a cloud. Last time it came up a cloud I done saw that tarnada just 'fore it hit my trailer and shattered all my porceline pig collectibles.

C
C
I loved the joke Billy Crystal did, when he said he wants to grow to be an old man, and when some teenager with a wax fruit in his ear, come up behind him in his car, beeping at him cuz he is driving 40 in the fast lane, he can give him the bird.

I still remember him in soap, when he played, the homosexual son, and the only person who had a brain in the whole family. He went to Texas to meet with his beutiful brides Mom, (yeah I guess he got converted), and the Mom said, "Are you a Ho-MO?" with that southern drawl. what a hoot!

I sure love it that Texans tell it like it they see it.

A friend of mine, really straighened me out once, when I told him I worked so hard because I felt God did not intend for his people to live in shacks. He said he knew a lot of people who lived thier whole life in shacks, and was offended by that statement. He was from Texas also, and also said his Momma told him it wasn't fair to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

A Pastor friend of mine, who I shared with that i wanted to make a lot of money so I could help build churches, also was born and raised in the Texas oil fields. He said he was of that mind once, untill God told him he wanted all Gods people to build the church, not just him. Guess thats the perspective that only come with age and humility.

I hope when I get short and old I can finally go down and test all the patience of texans, and the rest of the world, as I am sure I will, lol, as I tour the country. Where is the alamo now?

C
C
I have one thing to say:

This is Alabama....we speak English.

Actually, if you have ever lived in certain parts of AL you know this is a lie. We do not always speak English. In fact, if ye come in and set a spell, I'll fix ye a cold drank. But git on inside cause it's comin' up a cloud. Last time it came up a cloud I done saw that tarnada just 'fore it hit my trailer and shattered all my porceline pig collectibles.

Your killin me today Luri/Tawawanda. rotflmao

C
C
Where in DamnedYankeeland did you reside Mel? If you don't mind telling us.

C
C
Accucally went to the Canadian half of Niagra falls, and met some guys who talked with the "Eay" in thier lauguage. It was hilarious, hung out with them all night.

M
M
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
A friend of mine, really straighened me out once, when I told him I worked so hard because I felt God did not intend for his people to live in shacks. He said he knew a lot of people who lived thier whole life in shacks, and was offended by that statement. He was from Texas also, and also said his Momma told him it wasn't fair to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Too funny! grin

I lived in Michigan for a few years..

Exposure 101

G
G
The wierdest I ever ran into was in Maine...

TWC & I were on vacation there, and we were in a diner one morning. I ordered a coffee to go along with my blueberry pancakes, and the waitress asked me "Lajjus moll?"

Wha? I looked at her with probably the same bewildered expression that you see on the old RCA logo, where the dog is looking into an old phonograph speaker.

Somehow, my wife (who is also not from there) was able to translate for me:

"Large or small?"

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
Page 40 of 89 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation