Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Bob_Pure #2483626 03/01/11 05:47 PM
E
E
But courage is not the absence of fear, its the execution of righteousness DESPITE fear.

Awesome words Bob_Pure. I concur with GH31, your story spurred me on in my early days.

Divorced on 3/25/2008 but I have primary legal and physical custody of my 2 kids.

Plan A Thread
Plan B Thread
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Arpeggi #2483630 03/01/11 05:59 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Does it seem to anyone else that lately, there have been a whole lot of BHs here because of their WW? When I first came on these boards about 2 1/2 years ago, it was hard for me to find other BH stories. Now they're everywhere.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I remembering things incorrectly?

If so, any theories on why? I have some thoughts but am curious to hear from you all first (BHs, BWs, WWs, WHs, onlookers, everyone).

Thanks,
Arpeggi

I certainly can�t speak to Arpeggi�s perceived surpluses in WWs/BHs around here just the last few years, but I can say that scholarly research does clearly indicate that female/wife-adultery has vastly increased over the last several decades in the US.

It used to be that the term �affair� applied overwhelmingly to a husband who was having an extra-marital relationship with a (usually) single woman at work. That has changed radically. It is true that, counting by each individual marriage, men/husbands are still more likely to have an affair (est. 60%) than women/wives are (est. 45%), but that gap has been rapidly narrowing for many years now and will disappear fairly soon if the current trend continues.

Basically, adultering-wives are becoming more frequent while adultering-husbands have remained relatively stagnant on a percentage basis.

SDCW_man #2483649 03/01/11 06:45 PM
T
T
Well, not sure what this thread has accomplished in resolving any concern about tepid WH's or more aggressive WW's!

SDCW, I am just glad I married my wife in 1969! That being said, she is honest, loyal, dedicated, demanding (in a wise way), silly at times, sexy, passionate, devoted, courageous, intellegent, attractive, and has deep values that she does not compromise. I had Char home the past five days and I actually showed her this thread. She is not that computer literate in terms of using the Internet - she just has a tremendous block egarding computers for some reason, which we have not been able to help her with - but she read a few of the posts. The first comment she made is that it is simply sad that most divorces result from not communicating. I know that she meant that most affairs do too. We talked just a little about IF we had had affairs, and besides her comment that would not happen it was that she Would divorce me, or that she would expect me to come after her - not in terms of John Wayne, who she has always accused me of in terms of my swaggering, but in terms of just "making yourself known that you love me" (her words). To clarify, she did have a relationship with a guy in the nursing home she is at a year ago, and I know now that was due to her vulnerable situation of having to be placed there and her resentment toward me at that time. She also asked me why I am on here and when I explained to her that I want to learn how to elevate our marriage she seemed to understand.

Right now I feel like the luckiest guy in the world, paraphrasing Lou Gehrig. I found one of those 'diamond in the rough' women to share my life with.

Tom

G
G
Originally Posted by fight4life
I think men are taught to try to be deferential to women.
In our culture we are taught that this is the right thing to do.

Doesn't mean we're good at it, most often it is expressed as an unwillingness to invoke W's anger.
It's against our nature as men to be deferential to anyone, to ask anyone's permission.

Since everyone knows that exposure will do this in a very big way, it goes against what we have been conditioned to believe is the "right" thing to do, and what women want from us.
That doesn't mean it's true, and in fact it's not true. My experience is that often what women say they want isn't the same as what they actually respond positively to. Before anyone flames me for that, emphasis on "often", I didn't say "always".

And when a BH feels like he's hanging on by the merest thread, he is especially cautious to avoid boat-rocking. the dynamics of breaking up an affair seem counter-intuitive and perhaps more likely to produce a bad result.
Often a bewildered BH, experiencing the most excruciating pain of his life will believe the vile lies and justification spouted by his WW as to why she's having an affair.

The trouble is that some BHs then turn into supplicating, grovelling, enabling saps, deathly afraid of exposure and doing what's right. This is just plain old unattractive to women, including and especially his WW.

I have never regretted exposing my W's A. Not once, but I do regret not doing it sooner.

Me: 36
FWW: 36
1 son born in Dec 2009 - confirmed mine through DNA test
1 daughter born in Nov 2010
Together: 13½ years
Married: 10 years

PA/EA: January 2008 to July 2009
FWW left for OM: 01/28/2008
FWW returned for 9 days: 04/2008
FWW returned 05/21/2008

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation