Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2483702 03/01/11 08:43 PM
T
Tom2010 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi...

Rather than t/j thought I would post direct. I think I'm probably at the point of needing a break from this site mainly because it is such a turn-off to see so many BH's so tepid in terms of their marriages. Yea, this stuff ocurred years ago when I was younger, but it just seems that both men and women were more committed and the men were much more willing to fight and just had a more realistic attitude. As I posted on the WW Epidemic thread, I feel so fortunate that I have Char, and that she has been the best W, partner, helpmate imaginable. Yea, we have been separated by circumstances and she is in a nursing home and she had a short fling over a year ago now, but I don't think we have been closer even tho we are physically separeated. I let her view that WW Epidemic thread which I had posted on and she simply told me that men can be so timid. She also said that men don't like to communicate but that the one thing we have always seemed to have been able to do, even tho there were times when I shut her out, is to communicate. And, I remember way back when we were in Madison WI when I asked her out for a second time and she accepted and later told me - we were both in the 'dating field' at the time - that the other guy who asked her out wasn't as persistent. Well, that second date lead to where we are now.

Well digressing, but think I will hold my tongue here for awhile.

Hoping that you and your loved ones are all well..

Tom

Tom2010 #2483725 03/01/11 09:32 PM
M
M
Okay, Tom. Take a breather. Everyone does on occasion. Work on perfecting your pizza recipe - maybe when you get back there will be some great success stories for you to read! smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Tom2010 #2483753 03/01/11 10:30 PM
M
M
And Tom? Don't forget:
The members of this community are peers and not professionals.
Reynolds has a story that you're not aware of. He's travelled a lot of miles and is in a unique position to support some of the BH's on this site. Save a slice of pizza for him because he's earned it.

smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
hey Tom,
You know what. The best education I got came at the feet of my grandmother.

She had alot more to say but sadly died at 103 years old.

All Blessings,
Jerry

T
Tom2010 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hey Shine,

Could tell you about the way I felt way back in the 60's when I got birthday cards from both of my Grandmothers who were alive back then. Even with those scratchy signatures it was my grandmoms who took the time to get out and get a card. And even tho I was in my early 20s and feeling like an empowered kid it just made me teary and reflective about each of them. Neiher one of them gave me that much advice - they were more discilinary - but thier love for and acceptance of me seemed simply never ending.

Their names are Dena and Mary, and I am proud to shout their names here - that is my choice - and they would be proud of their great grandchildren now have emoered from an intact marriage.

So, as far as your comment, that is my history.

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation