Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
T
T
Hey Sack.

Am very happy that you got the acquital! Have been saying some prayers for you and will continue.

**edit**

Point is, you can have your kids, your are now in charge, and you can feel some relief!

If it means anything to you, I am still dealing with an older son now in terms of him needing a place to stay here, and his ongoing job search. Whether it is your ww, one of your kids, when they hurt, or hurt you, it is a challenge.

Tom

Last edited by Fireproof; 02/12/11 01:35 AM. Reason: TOS rude, disruptive
G
G
Originally Posted by nesre
EDIT
A 10 year old girl should be able to verbalize anything that is going on but WW's are extremely capable masters of manipulation.
Yes they are.
But a good psychologist should be able to pick up on coaching at that age.

Sack, how are things?

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
S
sack Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Gack1
Sack, how are things?

Court Monday, and both attorneys got called back into the judges chambers. Child support has been put on hold because of me paying all the bills. The judge has awarded me parenting time again, but I'm not allow to bring the kids back to where I'm staying. I guess this judge over rules the CPS worker. I'm suppose to pick them up this evening for a few hours, we'll just see if I get them or not. I told my lawyer that I no longer want to get them from the in-laws that I want to get them from the police station at the next city over. Hopefully that can happen today. I'm tired of going over to the in-laws and having to deal with them and thier video taping.

I still don't know if I'm getting back into my house. The STBXW wants the house to go into foreclosure and for her to stay in it for the year after for free. Thats total BS because that's my credit too. What do I do? Most people are telling me to just write it off. Well that's tough to do because I just got done redoing the kitchen, updating the electrical in the garage, and it took me so long to be able to just get a house. Plus the house is so close to her parents, her boyfriend, and that means I'll always be having to look over my shoulders.

My lawyer has to bring up another motion to be able to get the other things done. Removing the PPO, getting her out, mental evaluations, child therapists, and a few more that I won't list due to this being the internet. Hopefully, this can happen soon. I probably won't fight anymore if I don't get what I want from the judge. I'm the victim here.

Technically, I won again. But I still feel that I lost. I'm so sick of this all. I have already spent $8,000 with my attorney and the divorce part hasn't even started yet. *SIGH*

I'm tired.......I want my life back and some sort of normalcy. This really is the pits. What do I do next?

H
H
Just keep in mind that stuff can be replaced.

5 years ago I was homeless (living with charitable friends), jobless, alone with no family around, and separated from my kids.

Fighting legal battles over stuff that can be easily replaced (at cost, of course) is not worth it.

The stuff you say about your house is valid, but it's all replaceable.

File a motion, but don't go too far beyond that. The costs of paying your lawyer will go a long way towards a new downpayment on a home or a new kitchen in a new place.

I don't think they'll let the house just go to foreclosure.

Things are falling apart for her. Just fight the good fight and keep in mind that the only thing that is truly important is that you have your own place to have the kids.

Also, be careful of court appointed psychologists. They are mom biased. I had one bite me in the a$$ in my case when I had the impression she was sympathetic. In other words, trust no one in the system.

G
G
Originally Posted by sack
I probably won't fight anymore if I don't get what I want from the judge.
Not a good idea.
If you give up you will be reamed.

How confident are you in your lawyer?

Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
In other words, trust no one in the system.
This is so true.

Me 34
WW 30
S
sack Offline OP
OP Offline
S
How confident are you in your lawyer?

I feel he's a bulldog attorney and is doing a great job.

Here's something new....

The STBXW texted me today to ask me what time I was picking the kids up. The PPO states NO CONTACT. She broke the PPO. I SMELL A RAT!!!!! I'm thinking there's about to be a set up tonight and she plans on having me thrown into jail for this stupid CPS BS she's trumping up. I contacted my lawyer and talked to the secretary. They are looking into having me pick the kids up at the police station in the next city as my hometown PD doesn't like me. It's funny she texted me because it she's known that I get my kids on Wednesdays at 5:30, why even ask?

Well, hopefully tonight goes well. I'll be bringing my mom with me to pick the kids up. I need to have a witness and to have my back covered.

B
B
Whatever you do, DO NOT respond to her text. She is baiting you to say you violated the PPO. Ask your attorney if they will respond on your behalf to ensure you get to see your kids tonight. I would also ask your attorney to check for any outstanding arrest warrants before you go to pick up your kids. Make sure that any trumped up charges haven't reached the point where you'll be arrested when you get there simply by being there.

G
G
Well, hopefully tonight goes well. I'll be bringing my mom with me to pick the kids up. I need to have a witness and to have my back covered.
What happened?

Me 34
WW 30
S
sack Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
Whatever you do, DO NOT respond to her text. She is baiting you to say you violated the PPO.

Oh no.....I know better than to play that game. I'm not gonna violate the PPO for anything.
What happened?

Well, I got my kids for a few hours. I didn't get to pick them up at the police station like I had asked my attorney to arrange. I took my Mom with me so I had a witness. And I will do so from here on out because I'm not gonna go down for something I didn't do. We went to the mall for the few hours I had them. I wish I could of done more with them but entertaining comes at a cost.

I get to try to entertain them for 9 hours on Saturday. I can see that being a very costly day as I'm not allowed to bring them back to where I'm staying.

I just got back from my therapist. I broke down in front of her because none of this crap is fair to me. I feel like I'm on a swampy island with no way to get off of it. My STBXW is on a pirate ship blowing cannon balls at me and they're hitting the swamp and just getting me all dirty. All I'm doing is dodging the cannon balls and getting wet. How do I hijack her boat and leave her on the island? I just want to sink her ship and just swim...........swim into the sunset and pray I find solid ground again without getting ate by a shark. This has to be the toughest thing I have ever encountered in my life. I wouldn't wish this on nobody.

H
H
Sack, I've been there on all fronts. I too remember taking the kids out for rides in my car so that they could get a nap since I didn't have a place for them to sleep. I remember taking them to the mall since that's the only place I could let them play some.

I too broke down in front of my counselor.

It gets better. I have a house now, a new and wonderful wife, and the kids all have their own rooms, toys, etc. They have a home with me.

It is a long road and takes time, but the journey gets better as it goes.

Stay strong, my friend.

G
G
Update?

Me 34
WW 30
T
T
Hey Sack,

Hope your situation is going as well as can be for you.

Ya know, I think when you and I married our wives (me a long time ago) that we both realized that women can be bitches if worse comes to worse. I know you are facing alot of legal crap (and that is what it is) instigated by your wife.

Believe me you have to stay strong for your sake and for your kids. I know, not easy, but if you do I think you will wear her fantasy down.

Take care,

Tom

S
sack Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, just so I can give an update.

I've been having parenting time a couple days a week. I took the kids to have some pictures taken with them and myself because I have no clue what tomorrow brings.

CPS came out to the house where I'm staying and was looking for me. I have an interview tomorrrow with them. Hopefully things go well. They were surprised when my cousin told them I'm still visiting with my kids through court order.

On the doctor visit that i talked about earlier, the doctor discussed and refered my STBXW to take my daughter to the ER. Well, I went to the hospital and got all the medical records. She never took my daughter there. I went back to the pediatricians office to get any other medical records that have happened since the day she took her in, and there was an appointment that she had canceled. I GUESS THIS ISN'T ALL THAT IMPORTANT???? Just goes to show that she's not with it.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.........

B
B
Be sure to tell all that to CPS.

H
H
Yes, CPS needs to know all of this stuff. Let them know about your DD's tardies and absence from school.

S
sack Offline OP
OP Offline
S

*sigh*

Went to CPS. They asked me if I knew why I was there. I replied because there's allegations against me. Then they asked if I knew what the allegations were. I said, "Nobody has told me what they are but I have a pretty good idea after reading this doctors report". So then they read me the allegations.......

Basically, I'm being accused of molesting BOTH my kids. I was told that my daughter is scared to death of me (Funny thing is, is that I have pictures of her hanging on me hugging me and smiling from ear to ear). My son's butt hurts when he's brought home from my place (but yet he's complaining of this the moment I pick him up from grandma's house), and that my daughter is waking up wet and is having a "pinching" feeling down below for 2 days after she's brought home.

GEEZUS!!! (Deep breath in, slowly exhale)

What my lawyer finds weird about all of this is that while behind closed doors in the judge's chambers, it was said by her lawyer that mom doesn't believe that I'm the one doing this. But yet the report states that I'm the one that's doing this. It was also read that I choked my wife and committed domestic violence, and I told them that I was exonerated from her testamony. We caught her and proved her wrong on like six different things. Straight up lied her butt off.

I was asked why she would make these allegations, and I said it's all because I said one thing to her....."I'm fighting for my kids".

Well, now I gotta wait to see where this investagations goes. dontknow

N
N

*sigh*

Went to CPS. They asked me if I knew why I was there. I replied because there's allegations against me. Then they asked if I knew what the allegations were. I said, "Nobody has told me what they are but I have a pretty good idea after reading this doctors report". So then they read me the allegations.......

Basically, I'm being accused of molesting BOTH my kids. I was told that my daughter is scared to death of me (Funny thing is, is that I have pictures of her hanging on me hugging me and smiling from ear to ear). My son's butt hurts when he's brought home from my place (but yet he's complaining of this the moment I pick him up from grandma's house), and that my daughter is waking up wet and is having a "pinching" feeling down below for 2 days after she's brought home.

GEEZUS!!! (Deep breath in, slowly exhale)

What my lawyer finds weird about all of this is that while behind closed doors in the judge's chambers, it was said by her lawyer that mom doesn't believe that I'm the one doing this. But yet the report states that I'm the one that's doing this. It was also read that I choked my wife and committed domestic violence, and I told them that I was exonerated from her testamony. We caught her and proved her wrong on like six different things. Straight up lied her butt off.

I was asked why she would make these allegations, and I said it's all because I said one thing to her....."I'm fighting for my kids".

Well, now I gotta wait to see where this investagations goes. dontknow

Sack

Does your lawyer deal specifically with Family Law?

If he doesn't its time you find one that does.

nESRE

T
T
Sucks to be you hug

But this is only for now.

N
N
Sack

Got some advise from someone whos been there. He read your thread and has a few ideas. This cut from the e-mail he sent me

Hey Bro,

I can't post but you can send him this info:

1. Look up Nuclear Option Custody in Google. Many pages give good advice.

2. Get a good lawyer and DON'T EVER TALK TO THE POLICE OR CPS... It doesn't matter if you aren't guilty.

The state/county is PAID to take time away from you. (The fed gives matching funds for child support collected. If they can get more child support out of you, the state gets more money.)

Have his lawyer talk to the police or have the lawyer present when questioned.

3. Look up Glenn Sacks' web site. Glenn works as a person who believes both parents should be involved... He has many articles about the nuclear option... Also, if you contact Glenn, he will respond.

4. If he can arrange it, have a parent or relative or friend present on exchanges. And if he can, have parents, friends, etc around when he has his kids as witness.

5. Under no circumstances, lose your temper... Walk a way if things escalate... You lose your temper, you lose your kids...

If I think of more things I'll pass them on...

Thanks,
D.

Hope this helps

nESRE

H
H
Answer no questions.

Get your attorney and request a psych eval of your kids and of your WW.

The fact is that anyone who knows the facts knows that the kids are much more at risk of her BF hurting the kids over the bio father.

She's already been caught lying and making false allegations about you, so this CPS investigation will likely see that. Get your attorney on it!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 170 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation