Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hasn't spoken to anyone in my family since this has happened that wasn't for the affair, which is non of them. It is like they doesn't know them either.

How long does this last?

Last edited by simplylost; 03/03/11 06:38 PM.
N
N
You should click the "Notify" button at the bottom of your note above, and request that a "Moderator" combine this thread with your other one.

And as an aside, you do understand that the basic premise of this ite is to assist folks repair/improve their marriages using the MB Principles, right? While other folks are assisting you, you should show them your willingness to assist yourself by reading every possible support document on this site. You should also order the book Surviving An Affair by Dr. Harley.

Welcome. Sorry you're here, but if you follow the guidance you're going to get, you'll emerge from this awful struggle in a better place than you're in now.

H
H
Simply lost sorry you find yourself here. You need to read up on the plans and get the book Surviving an Affair ASAP.

Originally Posted by simplylost
Ok he is 57 and he is in an affair and this bimbo is over 12 years younger and I think she has brought marriages down before. We have been married 26 years and I am sick of this whole thing. He isn't himself, he can't talk to me for more than 5 minutes in person. He won't call or answer his phone. We have kids. He left, just left. The bimbo says they are a couple we are separated. We are not separated, she doesn't know what a couple is. Other People have no soul and they think they did nothing wrong

Exactly how long do men stay in this state? He even dresses differently, and is bossy, yells, this is just not him. He has not filed, nothing, his mail comes here, he has checked out. I guess he just figures I am paying the bills, I am. Typical wayward behavior. You need to get legal advice on him paying for joint bills. You have to protect yourself and your children

What can I do? And the really stupid thing is I love him, believe me if I didn't think I did I would not be in this.

I just don't get how a man can just drop his wife, his family. Read other peoples posts and it is typical behavior when they start their affairs.

I have said are you coming back, to that question I get a blank stare and a "i gotta go"

I have sent him books about marriage, made him cookies, written him poems, I mean anything I can do so he remembers me, he seems to have forgotten, he actually when I bring things up does not remember. He also says he could care less about his past he is all for the future he may die soon.
Read up on Plan A/Plan B. Waywards lose their minds and any logic. Stop talking to him about the relationship. Stop pleading, begging or asking when he will come home. Work on yourself.
You know, I didn't get married to be left when I am in my fifties, am I supposed to start over dating now? I don't want to, I love him.

And he hasn't spoken to anyone in my family since this has happened that wasn't for his affair, which is non of them. It is like he doesn't know them either. They have no sense of reality. How old are your children. Does he see them?

How long does this last?

Some of the vets will be chiming in soon. Blessings.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
Originally Posted by simplylost
Hasn't spoken to anyone in my family since this has happened that wasn't for the affair, which is non of them. It is like they doesn't know them either.

How long does this last?
How did you find this site? think

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 543 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation