Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2484517 03/03/11 04:09 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Anyone in OK who has had to alter their visitation schedule due to a move or change in family circumstances?

Experiencing this with dh's XH....I fear we are headed to court if they can't work it out somehow.

HOW do two people who couldn't stay married find a way to agree upon visitation schedules when they have both remarried and have step-kids in the mix?

A
A
Need more specific info - what is/are the change(s) in family circumstances? Or who wants to move?

The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by americajin
Need more specific info - what is/are the change(s) in family circumstances? Or who wants to move?

They both remarried. Both within two weeks of each other. She had already moved dh's boys 1 1/2 away from him which made their previous visitation schedule impossible to keep. Then when he married me he moved 2 1/2 hours away.

Our weekends are off....we want the his boys when I have my son. She wants the boys when her husband is off work.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
Originally Posted by americajin

They both remarried. Both within two weeks of each other. She had already moved dh's boys 1 1/2 away from him which made their previous visitation schedule impossible to keep. Then when he married me he moved 2 1/2 hours away.

Our weekends are off....we want the his boys when I have my son. She wants the boys when her husband is off work.

Neither one has really put it out there though...they just keep doing a dance of changing weekends. We had it like we need it....but a snow storm prevented us from getting them one weekend...she wanted to just go forward with every other weekend after that (instead of letting him have one of her weekends to make up) and that threw us off.

From what I can see of OK suggested visitation schedules, the vistation schedules of half siblings and step siblings (my son) are a determining factor in the visitation schedules of the kids in question (dh's).

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience in it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation