Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Thanks for sharing that, MrNiceGuy. I went online and ordered some MACA to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Hey .. did you get it yet? How is it working for you? Soon as my wife has her period she will be taking a week break from it since it is advised to take a 1 week break after 3 weeks of daily use. We are past the 3 weeks .. but my wife didnt want to stop taking the maca until she has her period becasue it greatly helps her PMS just before. So her "maca break" time will be the start of her period.

Edit: just wanted to also mention that is has greatly reduced her acne aswell and greatly enhanced my recovery from working out (man im looking buff now :P) *flexes* haha

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 02/23/11 04:53 PM.
T
T
I don't know if anyone has experienced this, but I thought I would ask. I know the doc said my levels were normal, but I noticed today that my throat was sore. My tummy has been messed up for a couple of days or so. My throat has been getting steadily and significantly worse all day, and now swallowing and talking and even moving my tongue is painful...very. But a few hours ago, this lump just suddenly came up. DH felt it and swears it's my thyroid. You can see it, and it is getting bigger as the evening progresses.

Has anyone ever had this weird thing happen, and if so, what did you do? I am taking Tylenol, but it is PAINFUL.

V
V
Where is the lump located, Tawanda? You've got a pretty substantial network of lymph nodes running bilaterally on your throat/neck, so I wonder if it could be a standard cold/flu/viral thing.

Do you have any other symptoms generally associated w/ a viral infection?

Does the pain radiate anywhere beyond that lump?

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
T
T
It's below my larynx but right above where your neck ends and meets the rest of your body. It is....maybe ping pong ball size? My stomach has been kind of upset for a few days, but nothing really drastic until this throat pain and swelling. Well, I have had some vivid dreams and not slept well for a few days and sweated through my PJ's for a few nights. It hurts to turn my head or talk.

V
V
The simple answer would've been if it was a swollen lymph node. However, if the lump/pain is centrally located and is that severe, I'm more hesitant to chalk it up to a swollen lymph node.

So yeah...about that thyroid thing... confused You done got me. I'm in over my head on this one.

When were your thyroid levels last checked? I don't recall - are you on any thyroid meds right now?

I, who am totally speaking off the top of my head here and with no legitimacy whatsoever in the realm of practicing medicine, would say you go with your gut (even if it IS feeling messed up laugh !) re: getting this checked out v. a wait-and-see approach.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
H
H
It sounds like a goiter type thing, but not located properly. That area sounds like tonsillar/sub-mandibular lymph nodes.

Ack. Have more to say, but not sure if it's proper...

Ok, I have no clue what I'm really talking about, so it would be better to talk to your physician/diagnostician, but when you have swelling like that ibuprofen and/or an antihistamine will be a better choice for relief.

Again, I carry no expertise or authority.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
V
V
HHH, Tawanda said the swelling was located below her larynx - I'm ballparking that's somewhere inferior to the cricothyroids. To me (in, again, my uber-limited knowledge), swelling in that area is almost synonymous w/ goiter (doesn't mean you HAVE it, but that it's a valid consideration worth ruling out). The lymph nodes you suggested are far too superior, though I did wonder if some cervical lymph nodes were the culprit.

Sorry, Tawanda, medically interesting you are. smile

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
H
H
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
HHH, Tawanda said the swelling was located below her larynx - I'm ballparking that's somewhere inferior to the cricothyroids. To me (in, again, my uber-limited knowledge), swelling in that area is almost synonymous w/ goiter (doesn't mean you HAVE it, but that it's a valid consideration worth ruling out). The lymph nodes you suggested are far too superior, though I did wonder if some cervical lymph nodes were the culprit.

Sorry, Tawanda, medically interesting you are. smile

Got me there. >.<

Golf ball is HUGE for a lymph node, either way. That big, and externally visible rather than only palpable does sound more goiter-ish...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

T
T
Y'all are cracking me up - especially Vanilla with the Yoda talk. Of course, my internet surfing DH has his sights set on some thyroiditis maned after some Spanish sounding name like Jose Quervos or something smile

I just went to the doc for a ruptured eardrum a couple of weeks ago. I hate going to the doc again.....like some hypochondriac. Of course, the word goiter made me think of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine went to visit the old lady with the huge goiter.

It felt better this morning until I sat up, got up, and started puttering around. Hmmmmmmm.......maybe I could use this as an excuse NOT to mop today. I hate mopping smile

V
V
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
It is....maybe ping pong ball size?

I done did overlook this part right here. Get thee to a doctor, woman! faint

In all seriousness: is the lump still there this morning? Or was it gone, and once you got up and started moving around, did it come back? When you say you felt better this morning, was that non-lump symptoms - stomach, e.g.? (I don't know if these are relevant questions or not, or what the answers to them would mean. Just finding out more details.)

You can tell your doctor you'll present with something way more interesting than a ruptured eardrum this time... smile!

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
T
T
I am going at 9:15. When I was lying in bed it felt smaller, but once I got up and moving around it got big again and started hurting, blah blah blah. I just want to be very still, not move my tongue, not swallow, not talk. My morning protein bar was getting stuck in my throat, so I guess I had to call the doc. Blech. My stomach has been kind of upset, but it's been kind of an emotional week. Also been sweating through at night, etc.

DD said, "Maybe it's a tommah." I replied, "It's not a tommah." (Kindergarten cop). smile

Oh well, wah wah wah. I ain't wearin' makeup to the doctor - I'm gonna be unsouthern and lay down until I leave.

V
V
OR you could take your makeup and gussy up that little thyroid of yours. You know, in case this isn't all interesting enough already. You could put its face on, literally, hahahaha.

Er...then your doc probably would refer to you a psych instead of an endocrinologist.

I'm sorry, clearly I need more sleep.

I hope the appointment goes well and that you start feeling better!

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
T
T
yer weird

She said it's definitely enlarged. Took vials of blood and I have a thyroid ultrasound Monday.....I hope it's twins! smile

H
H
yer weird

She said it's definitely enlarged. Took vials of blood and I have a thyroid ultrasound Monday.....I hope it's twins! smile

Is that kinda like going in with your arm in the shape of an L, and then having the Doc tell you; "Well, your arm is broken."

crazy

Good that you have the organ nailed down, though.

T
T
She didn't know what it was, basically. I had thyroid levels checks in Jan and they were "fine." I don't have an authentic fever -- that means that even though my normal temp is around 96.8, it's only about 99 now.....so that isn't a fever in the real world.

She told me to take ibuprofen and call if my throat continues to swell (had trouble eating breakfast). I do feel kind of ick, but honestly, I probably would not have even thought of going to the doctor until this lump appeared. She did use the G word (goiter), but I hope that isn't it. I really don't want to be like that old Seinfeld lady..... On the other hand....how much do goiters weigh....maybe I could get some ice cream and still lose weight smile

H
H
She didn't know what it was, basically. I had thyroid levels checks in Jan and they were "fine." I don't have an authentic fever -- that means that even though my normal temp is around 96.8, it's only about 99 now.....so that isn't a fever in the real world.

She told me to take ibuprofen and call if my throat continues to swell (had trouble eating breakfast). I do feel kind of ick, but honestly, I probably would not have even thought of going to the doctor until this lump appeared. She did use the G word (goiter), but I hope that isn't it. I really don't want to be like that old Seinfeld lady..... On the other hand....how much do goiters weigh....maybe I could get some ice cream and still lose weight smile

Heh heh.

Imuh sufferin' with ya... though it's just the gums at the very back of my jaw. Need to get my dad gum wisdom teeth pulled, as every once in a while, something irritates this spot, and then it makes my throat and jaw sore along with it.

Dang nerve pathways.

V
V
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Dang nerve pathways.

Woooooo, I love me some nerve pathways! I'll take 'Trigeminal' for $1000, Alex!

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
T
T
Y'all are creeping me out. Do y'all have one of those really ugly and scary models of a human head and neck with removable parts like DH has???? I was afraid he was going to bring it home today and show me the thyroid. I have always wanted to sneak into his office and steal the tongue. smile

V
V
I have always wanted to sneak into his office and steal the tongue. smile

Okay, now that right there gives me the willies.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
H
H
Tongue and eggs?

Dunno... really only ever had lengua on tacos...

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation