Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
M
Im wondering is where the fireman shows the photograph? Do they stop and say hello?
:::waving::: ooo, I know! The fireman shows the photograph of the Queen in the something something roundabout!

I also seem to remember something about a nurse selling jello shots from a tray?...

[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Well ... I think my name explains itself. I am quite a nice guy and even now my wife says I am and syas shes very grateful i found MB ... also many people say that quite often about me aswell. So I figured I would go with the flow. I didnt have as many issues as many here did .. so I didnt want a screen name to reflect my marital issues, just my character.

smile

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
..Both of my kids know every song by heart.

I knew this guy, who loves the beatles. When his beatles albums got ripped off, a cop friend called him from a bar and said there was somebody selling his albums there. The Guy went down to the bar and looked at the albums, and confirmed they were his to the policeman. The cop asked what he wanted to do. The Guy said give me 5 mins out back with him, and he broke his neck.

Scary huh? Don't mess with those hippies.

P
P
Originally Posted by markos
What about credit for being familiar with the William Shatner version of "Lucy in the Sky, With Diamonds"?

You're lucky to be alive.

T
T
What about credit for being familiar with the William Shatner version of "Lucy in the Sky, With Diamonds"?

Actually, I think this redeems everything....unless he admits to having Leonard Nimoy's album. That would just be sad.

This reminds me of a story, actually. In 5th grade, I wanted some "cool" music for Christmas, so I asked for the Saturday Night Fever album. My mom got me the Osmonds....the OSMONDS!

And it wasn't even a LITTLE bit rock and role. But she the Osmonds were more "wholesome."

M
M
Hey!!! Don't be dissin' on the Osmonds! That was my very first concert EVER -- I was really little and I wore purple socks -- just like Donnie! grin

The Osmonds were a "gateway band" for me I guess -- When I was in 9th grade I thought myself hilarious for putting both Madonna's Like A Virgin and Whitesnake's Slide It In on my Christmas list -- Turned out my mom didn't find it all that funny... smirk Go figure!

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

W
W
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Hey!!! Don't be dissin' on the Osmonds! That was my very first concert EVER -- I was really little and I wore purple socks -- just like Donnie! grin

The Osmonds were a "gateway band" for me I guess -- When I was in 9th grade I thought myself hilarious for putting both Madonna's Like A Virgin and Whitesnake's Slide It In on my Christmas list -- Turned out my mom didn't find it all that funny... smirk Go figure!

Mrs. W

Hey, I think my H might be president of the Donny Osmond fan club. Well, not quite, but almost. He's probably one of the only male members.

Doesn't anybody around here listen to real music? Where's the Three Doors Down, Third Eye Blind, Five For Fighting, Green Day, Train, Joe Jackson, etc.? Come on people. Get yourselves some real music.

Okay, I'm running now.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
C
C
Originally Posted by writer1
..Doesn't anybody around here listen to real music? Where's the Three Doors Down, Third Eye Blind, Five For Fighting, Green Day, Train, Joe Jackson, etc.? Come on people. Get yourselves some real music.

Okay, I'm running now.

Boots Randolph, Dave Clark 5, Inkspots, Gary Lewis and the playboys, Nancy Sinatra, Herb Alpert, Glen Cambell + others, and these are all albums I had before I was 14. Then of couse who could forget The Monkeys, Tommy James and the Shondells, T-rex, (many beats and styles have been stolen from them IMO, Cars?).. SteppanWolf, Ten Years after, Deep purple,(Made in Japan woot), the list goes on..

When my Mom, a sunday school teacher mind you, wanted to get me an album for my 15th birthday, and wanted it t be a surprize. I told her to go to a music store in the city, and ask them what to buy. Mom was in her 40s and the last guy she listened to was Eddy Albert, she was not in tunes to the new music lol. So this music place, which was also a headshop, gave her "Yes, close to the edge" My friend liked Alice Cooper and I liked him some also.

I miss Eddie Albert though, For years I could recite and sing his songs with friends who remembered him also. Music is such a powerful tool is it not? Just thought of Don Mclean..

"I went down to the Sacred store,
where I heard the music years before,
but the man there,
said the music,
wouldn't play

And in the streets the people screamed
the children cried and the poets dreamed
not a word was spoken
the church bells all were broken

The three men I admire the most
The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
all caught the last train for the coast
the day, the music, died"

Don't know why I went into that lol, maybe I,ve got "To much time on my hands" (Styx BTW)

C
C
Oh and I had the Osmonds too, and crush on Marie

H
H
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
...the list goes on...

Oh, wait... you said "list."

Nevermind...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
W
W
Don't know why I went into that lol, maybe I,ve got "To much time on my hands" (Styx BTW)

Okay, now you're getting into my time. Let's see, I grew up on The Police, Chicago, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Air Supply (for those sentimental moments), Bryan Adams, Foreigner.

I still listen to the old stuff sometimes, but I like the new stuff too.

I am officially stalking John Ondrasik. My H's cousin knows him and we've been to two of his concerts in the past couple of years. We go see him every time he goes on tour.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
M
OP Offline
M

Until the day he died, my cousin called me "Marie". He thought I look just like her.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
Me? Bobby Sherman blush

But man! could Al Green sing a tune!

D-Day 2-10-2009

C
C
Originally Posted by writer1
Okay, now you're getting into my time. Let's see, I grew up on The Police, Chicago, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Air Supply (for those sentimental moments), Bryan Adams, Foreigner...
Yeah those were in my 20s, I still listen to them and consider them to be my era.

In the 90s, when my 16 year old daughter was into Creed, and at a critical time in my lifewhen everything was falling apart, I got back into music and was listening to "Arms wide open", and it moved me so much I started to listen to them like a teenager looking for himself, ahem, again?

Well I would put on the headphones and crank it up like I wanted it to drown out my thoughts. One morning after sleeping with them on, I woke up and heard ringing in my ears. I still hear it 14 yrs later, I now have high frequency hearing loss. And having survived all those teen years when I cranked it up, I still got jammed, Lol Oh well...Thanks Midlife crisis.

C
C
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Me? Bobby Sherman blush

Didn't he sing "Little green Apples"?

S
S
You know those really uncool music radio channels, that play "mellow music", which means they play nothing too frightening or rebellious?

Well this thread is like listening to one of those.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Until the day he died, my cousin called me "Marie". He thought I look just like her.
Donnie and Marie did a TV special over here about three years ago, and Marie looked VERY fine. She has worn very well!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
You know those really uncool music radio channels, that play "mellow music", which means they play nothing too frightening or rebellious?

Well this thread is like listening to one of those.
Would someone push "Floor Number 8" please? dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Originally Posted by MarriedForever

Wanna know who Mr. W thinks you look like? The other night we were watching Celebrity Apprentice and Lisa Rinna came on -- Mr. W said, "She reminds me of MF"...A HUGE compliment! smile

***her lips have been fixed now -- she no longer looks like a duck-billed platypus -- She's beautiful!

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Didn't he sing "Little green Apples"?
Noooo, CP! Wasn't that one sung by that Vegas guy with the slicked-back hair? Or Glen Campbell, or someone like that?

Bobby Sherman sang "Little Woman" "Julie, Do You Love Me"...um, I think he managed to squeak out one or two more before his fifteen minutes was up.

D-Day 2-10-2009

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation