Marriage Builders
Thought this would be a fun distraction for a time.

Share how you chose yours. smile

Tawanda comes from Fried Green Tomatoes. I love when Kathy Bates is at the store, she's been waiting for a parking spot, and some young little tarts swoop in and take it. She's had a lot going on, she's menopausal, and she's HAD ENOUGH. So she yells, "Tawanda!" and smashes their snitty little Volkswagon to kingdom come wink

Belle comes from the fact that I was raised to be a southern belle, complete with pageants and "finishing school: tactful, deferent, "yes ma'am," ladylike, socially cautious and seemly.

I have both sides, and the side that comes out tends to depend on which side gets poked with the stick smile
Posted By: Powerbane Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 04:50 PM
Powerbane -

Power = part of my surname
Bane = something causing misery or death

I chose the bane part to signify the symbolic death of me when I woke up and started living and caring again last year. I keep it because it's a constant reminder to me that it's not at all - all about me. I never want to go back to the old me. My wife is much happier than I've seen her in over a decade. We talk and interact more now than when we ever have before.

I guess at some point soon I should get over to MB 101 and post my story. I'm still a work in progress.

Posted By: SusieQ Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 04:53 PM
Hey, MF!

My handle used to be 'thisbitterpill'. It is a song that I could NOT listen to prior to dday. The singer is so emotional at the end of the song that it is almost painful to listen to. Well, after dday, I would go for a lot of drives to listen to music and that is one song that I would play frequently...to sing and cry! It was very therapeutic for me! (Sorry, I know this thread is supposed to be fun...)

Anyway, later into recovery I HATED seeing that SN everytime I posted so I changed it to the one I have now...wanted something that was the opposite of the old one...so this one is something my grandmother used to call me smile
Posted By: SusieQ Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 04:54 PM
"Tawanda"!!! That scene is classic! So that's where that comes from...What a great movie smile
Posted By: Isabeau Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
I have both sides, and the side that comes out tends to depend on which side gets poked with the stick smile

[Linked Image from websmileys.com]

Isabeau was Michelle Pfeiffer's character in the movie Ladyhawke.

Mine seems obvious, but that wasn't the state I was in when I started posting. It was the state I wanted to be in. I was goal-setting at the time I registered.

And we did get to that state - YAY. smile
I like that, maritalbliss....choosing a name representative of the future you hoped for regardless of what the present was. Very deep. Now my head hurts.

Do y'all ever picture people based on their screen names? Every time I see "SuzieQ" I picture a little blond girl skipping around with pigtails. Pepperband makes me think of some woman walking around with Maxwell's silver hammer in her back pocket. I'm a very visual person.
Oh, and in case you picture me...I wear a size 4...a size FOUR people, and my nose is little, yeah, that's it, and baby Got Back is NOT my theme song....nope, not at all.
Oh, and in case you picture me...I wear a size 4...a size FOUR people, and my nose is little, yeah, that's it, and baby Got Back is NOT my theme song....nope, not at all.
I'm thinking page-boy haircut. You threw me on the size 4, though - I had you figured for a 6 or 8.

Weird, how we picture people, LOL!
OK.....FINE! I really wear a 14/16....for now. And I have big southern hair....blond. I recently discovered natural curl and it feels like the 80's all over again smile

That's okay. I just call myself a "Renaissance Woman." wink
Posted By: SusieQ Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 05:36 PM
Do y'all ever picture people based on their screen names? Every time I see "SuzieQ" I picture a little blond girl skipping around with pigtails. Pepperband makes me think of some woman walking around with Maxwell's silver hammer in her back pocket. I'm a very visual person.

HA! If you saw a picture of me you would laugh, I am very much the opposite. Amer-asian and dark skin, dark hair LOL

I am very visual as well ~ I love it when people have their pictures up in the gallery, that way I can put a name to a face when reading the posts.
[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]
Some things you DO know. When I first saw Pepperband's pic on that MB album, I was not at all surprised that she had short hair. Sassy people usually have short hair.

Pokerface.....Lady gaga.....scary. MY DH is like this too. Sometimes when someone asks him a yes or no question he will - with a perfectly straight face - shake his head no while saying yes. It's funny to watch them short circuit trying to process it, not sure is he's kidding or maybe just has some sort of....specialness going on smile
Posted By: pokerface Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 07:21 PM
edited
Posted By: writer1 Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 07:54 PM
Mine is pretty obvious. I'm a writer.

I didn't put much thought into it. I just used a derivative of my screen name for a writer's forum I also post on. When I joined MB, I was not in a very good place and I really just wanted to get registered as quickly as possible and start getting help. I suppose that's true for a lot of people.

My screen name isn't very creative. If I were registering today, I'd probably put a little more thought into it.

Hmmm... what would I pick? Maybe I should think about changing it now, but it confuses me when people change their screen names after being here for a long time.
Tawanda comes from Fried Green Tomatoes. I love when Kathy Bates is at the store, she's been waiting for a parking spot, and some young little tarts swoop in and take it. She's had a lot going on, she's menopausal, and she's HAD ENOUGH. So she yells, "Tawanda!" and smashes their snitty little Volkswagon to kingdom come wink

I love that scene! Factoid: It was filmed in a grocery store parking lot of my very small Georgia hometown...My "brush with fame"! grin

I've told the pretty uninteresting story of how I chose my name about a million times here, MF...I'm lazy and don't feel like typing it out again! stickout

Mrs. W
Posted By: SugarCane Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Isabeau
Isabeau was Michelle Pfeiffer's character in the movie Ladyhawke.
Sugar Kane was Marilyn Munroe's character in possibly my favourite film, Some Like It Hot, with Tony Curtis (drool - as he was then, not latterly!) and Jack Lemmon.

I didn't realise until too late that the character's surname is spelled "Kane", not "Cane".
Posted By: SugarCane Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by pokerface
I find that people often miss my humor because it tends to be a little off the wall and sometimes a bit dry. My good friends tell me that it is my poker face that throws people (they think I'm serious when I am joking).

It turned out to be a great tool in dealing with FWH when he was deep in the fog.

I used to be oak_tree (chosen for its strength) but from now on I will go by pokerface.

My favorite joke of the week: How do you wake up Lady Gaga?

pokerface
Ummm...

Do you realise what Lady Gaga is being poker faced ABOUT?

Do you understand the meaning of the line "I'm bluffin' with my muffin'"?

Please, nobody translate it here. Look it up in the Urban Dictionary online!
Sassy people usually have short hair.

I am 20 years older than you.
Older people usually have shorter hair than younger people.
Older hair sucks.
Mine is uninteresting - I was Hopeful and I'm in NC

Pepperband, my mom is nearing 60 and still has hair past her waist. It's beautiful.

I've got curly hair that was down to my knees at one point and is now more manageable shoulder length (DH wants it long again, so I'm growing it out, he hates it short and I did it without us talking about it last year).
Posted By: pokerface Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/14/11 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Ummm...

Do you realise what Lady Gaga is being poker faced ABOUT?

Do you understand the meaning of the line "I'm bluffin' with my muffin'"?

Please, nobody translate it here. Look it up in the Urban Dictionary online!

My apologies. My 13 yo DD told me that joke and I took it innocently at face value. I will delete my post and am going back to my original name.

I refuse to incriminate myself! laugh
I picked my name because at the time I signed up I was playing a game called Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. There's a character named Manfred von Karma, a tough, shady prosecutor with a perfect 40 year record.

I always viewed myself as a perfectionist so I attached the feminine word "rose" to it, so there we are.
My apologies. My 13 yo DD told me that joke and I took it innocently at face value. I will delete my post and am going back to my original name.
Pokerface - I love that name! When I saw it I thought of someone who can camouglage their emotions - you know, like a good card player? I think it's a pretty good posting name, actually.
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Pokerface - I love that name! When I saw it I thought of someone who can camouglage their emotions - you know, like a good card player? I think it's a pretty good posting name, actually.

ME TOO! Lady Gaga didn't invent that word, PF! I vote that you keep it! smile

Mrs. W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I am open to a bribe for not telling .... smile
Originally Posted by Pepperband

This is the downside of being on a board for 10+ years. Some folks know where all the bodies are buried!! crybaby
Well, Mel... your name is a song and dance academy in my area... so do you got any tap shoes?

I started under the first part of what I had to recovery; my confidence... my self-worth. I tried to walk with my Head Held High.

Now I go with the one thing that gets me by - something so small, innocent, and simple... but sometimes it's the only thing keeping me from sucking back into the abyss.
This is the downside of being on a board for 10+ years. Some folks know where all the bodies are buried!! crybaby

Ok Mel, you know imaginations are worse than the truth, (Or is it the truth is stranger than fiction?)

I happened to catch a little of one of those wierd horror films last night when I was flicking though channels, and it had a bar in it named "MelodyLane". I Immediatly thought...
My name. well it went through stages. When I first came on it was 6 months after my wifes passing, and I did a google search about marriages and drinking, and found a quote from DR H that led me here. I decided to read his writings and the forums because he made perfect sense to me.

When I was ready to post, I labeled myself "SortingItOut", because that was what I was doing, finding out where we went wrong. Once I graduated to a point where I felt I had "some" answers. It became "SortedSomeOut".

The last change came when I realized that it was a "ConstantProcess" of growing and learning and there will never be an end to it, kinda like, "The more I learn, the less I know" adding "like I should".
My screen name just means American person - in Japanese.
jessi
taylor
my two favorite kids..............the reason to fight for something worthwhile.....
What'll you take to tell? grin
[Linked Image from ts3.mm.bing.net]
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 02:13 PM

How much do you want to spill the beans?
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 02:25 PM
I don't really know what "markos" means. I wanted to pick something that wasn't like my real name. It's supposed to look Greek because of the "k" (which nobody notices), and is supposed to look vaguely "New Testament"-y. I entertained the idea of leading people to believe I was Greek Orthodox when I came here, because I am not Greek Orthodox, and I wanted a few incorrect details out there in case somebody I knew looked over my posts, to prevent me from being recognized.

I had the name "markos" in mind for awhile before I signed up and posted. I'm not sure how long I had the name in mind. I have been looking at the Marriage Builders website since 2003 or earlier, but was turned off of the forum for a number of reasons. It is possible that I had noticed Mark1952 on one of those earlier looks at the forum and was subconciously influenced by his name.

When Prisca joined she picked a Greek New Testament name as well, to match mine. And I think it's adorable. smile
I'm sorry, but that's all Greek to me! smile
When I first came here I was in shock and "knew" that when I married, I "MarriedForever". I also knew that I wanted to be "MarriedForever" and that I was going to try my hardest to be "MarriedForever".

However when things started getting REALLY hard and I began questioning whether or not I could do it anymore, I thought of changing my name. I decided against it because I love the nickname "MF", LOL.

Now I am so happy I never changed my name. smile
I'm thinking now of changing my name to something more hopeful. I'll have to give it some thought. I love the Tawanda story.
Originally Posted by markos

I can only leave a small clue.
CLUE: Mel's name and mine are related.
grin

Well, sort of. rotflmao

Posted By: Nerlycrzy Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 06:51 PM
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW!!!!!!!! hurray

Related in more ways than one! rotflmao

And, unlike Pep, I'm easy. Won't take much for me to spill the beans! flirt

Better make a deal quick Pep, while you still have some bargaining power! kiss
Nerly, you cheap hussy you! naughty
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:02 PM

grin

Well, sort of. rotflmao

Being a dense moron, I'm not sure if this is supposed to have given everything away, or is completely obscure. Looks completely obscure to me, but I'm a pretty oblivious person. smile

So, nerly ... like girl scout cookies? smile
Think ~~~> BEATLE song.

... sort-of ....
... coz Mel made a little mistake

rotflmao

Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:15 PM
Think ~~~> BEATLE song.

True confession time: I literally can't. When I said I was oblivious, that was one of the things I meant.

Anyone remember when I posted that Lennon Sisters song and Mel made fun of me? laugh I may be only 33, but my music tastes run in a radically different style from you kids and your Beatles and such. :P

It was about nine months before I knew what Pepperband meant!

And that was even after seeing your picture in the photo album, complete with Beatles shirt.

When it comes to Beatles songs, I know part of the words to about three of them.

(I'm in a lot of trouble now, aren't I? laugh )
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:16 PM
Beware the Ides of March: last day Pepperband ever spoke to Markos, before she found out exactly how unfamiliar he is with the Beatles...
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:21 PM
Aha:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Lane

???

Everybody knows Wikipedia was created to help clueless geeks fake being informed and up to date when they are out in public with real people. smile
Posted By: Nerlycrzy Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:26 PM
I shoulda grabbed the cookies when I had the chance!! frown

Ahhhhh,,Penny,,, I mean Melody,,,He found you out!!!

So what if she got alittle confused on the titles of the songs! sigh

The 60's were good for Mel..or ahh Penny!! rotflmao
Beware the Ides of March: last day Pepperband ever spoke to Markos, before she found out exactly how unfamiliar he is with the Beatles...

I blame your parents.
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:31 PM

I blame your parents.

If it makes you feel any better, the last few years the radio has pumped me full of "Happy Xmas (War is Over)." But I guess that's post-Beatles.

I don't suppose I can make up for this by liking Peter, Paul, and Mary?

/ducks
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nerlycrzy

I can certainly empathize with that, but I may be the only one. smile
If the Lennon Sisters is the most contemporary group you listen to......Everything makes sense now! hahahahahaha!

So I guess if I changed my name to something by Lil Wayne....

Nevermind. I don't even know what his songs are....just that some of my students liked him last year.

I do remember, however, burning my 45 of "Another One Bites the Dust" at a youth meeting.
MarKos

I highly recommend you educate yourself and buy THIS particular album.

released on 13 November 2000. The album features virtually every number-one single released in the United Kingdom and United States from 1962 to 1970.
[Linked Image from wordsintoapapercup.com]

Both of my kids know every song by heart.

Posted By: Nerlycrzy Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:45 PM
I don't suppose I can make up for this by liking Peter, Paul, and Mary?

No!! doh2

But Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker & Bob Dylan might get you a FEW points! grin
Originally Posted by Nerlycrzy
I shoulda grabbed the cookies when I had the chance!! frown

Ahhhhh,,Penny,,, I mean Melody,,,He found you out!!!

The 60's were good for Mel..or ahh Penny!! rotflmao
Mel's name is really Penny? That's weird...she doesn't look like a 'Penny'...
[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:54 PM
Seems like Peter, Paul, and Mary ought to count for something.....
Seems like Peter, Paul, and Mary ought to count for something.....
Now I'm hungry for an Almond Joy...
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 07:57 PM
What about credit for being familiar with the William Shatner version of "Lucy in the Sky, With Diamonds"?
When it comes to Beatles songs, I know part of the words to about three of them.

(I'm in a lot of trouble now, aren't I? laugh )

Im wondering is where the fireman shows the photograph? Do they stop and say hello?
AW Darn, I replied before I saw that Markos nailed it.

"Penny lane..is in my ears...and in my eyes..
There beneath the blue..somethin sompthin skies..
Penny la- yne, (musical chords fade out).. "

I didn't cheat either, I promise.

Maybe she should have gone retro and called herself "Penelope Pitstop"

Now for the prize behind door #3, What show was that from?
Im wondering is where the fireman shows the photograph? Do they stop and say hello?
:::waving::: ooo, I know! The fireman shows the photograph of the Queen in the something something roundabout!

I also seem to remember something about a nurse selling jello shots from a tray?...

[Linked Image from pic4ever.com]
Posted By: MrNiceGuy Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 08:56 PM
Well ... I think my name explains itself. I am quite a nice guy and even now my wife says I am and syas shes very grateful i found MB ... also many people say that quite often about me aswell. So I figured I would go with the flow. I didnt have as many issues as many here did .. so I didnt want a screen name to reflect my marital issues, just my character.

smile
..Both of my kids know every song by heart.

I knew this guy, who loves the beatles. When his beatles albums got ripped off, a cop friend called him from a bar and said there was somebody selling his albums there. The Guy went down to the bar and looked at the albums, and confirmed they were his to the policeman. The cop asked what he wanted to do. The Guy said give me 5 mins out back with him, and he broke his neck.

Scary huh? Don't mess with those hippies.
What about credit for being familiar with the William Shatner version of "Lucy in the Sky, With Diamonds"?

You're lucky to be alive.

Actually, I think this redeems everything....unless he admits to having Leonard Nimoy's album. That would just be sad.

This reminds me of a story, actually. In 5th grade, I wanted some "cool" music for Christmas, so I asked for the Saturday Night Fever album. My mom got me the Osmonds....the OSMONDS!

And it wasn't even a LITTLE bit rock and role. But she the Osmonds were more "wholesome."
Hey!!! Don't be dissin' on the Osmonds! That was my very first concert EVER -- I was really little and I wore purple socks -- just like Donnie! grin

The Osmonds were a "gateway band" for me I guess -- When I was in 9th grade I thought myself hilarious for putting both Madonna's Like A Virgin and Whitesnake's Slide It In on my Christmas list -- Turned out my mom didn't find it all that funny... smirk Go figure!

Mrs. W
Posted By: writer1 Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Hey!!! Don't be dissin' on the Osmonds! That was my very first concert EVER -- I was really little and I wore purple socks -- just like Donnie! grin

The Osmonds were a "gateway band" for me I guess -- When I was in 9th grade I thought myself hilarious for putting both Madonna's Like A Virgin and Whitesnake's Slide It In on my Christmas list -- Turned out my mom didn't find it all that funny... smirk Go figure!

Mrs. W

Hey, I think my H might be president of the Donny Osmond fan club. Well, not quite, but almost. He's probably one of the only male members.

Doesn't anybody around here listen to real music? Where's the Three Doors Down, Third Eye Blind, Five For Fighting, Green Day, Train, Joe Jackson, etc.? Come on people. Get yourselves some real music.

Okay, I'm running now.
Originally Posted by writer1
..Doesn't anybody around here listen to real music? Where's the Three Doors Down, Third Eye Blind, Five For Fighting, Green Day, Train, Joe Jackson, etc.? Come on people. Get yourselves some real music.

Okay, I'm running now.

Boots Randolph, Dave Clark 5, Inkspots, Gary Lewis and the playboys, Nancy Sinatra, Herb Alpert, Glen Cambell + others, and these are all albums I had before I was 14. Then of couse who could forget The Monkeys, Tommy James and the Shondells, T-rex, (many beats and styles have been stolen from them IMO, Cars?).. SteppanWolf, Ten Years after, Deep purple,(Made in Japan woot), the list goes on..

When my Mom, a sunday school teacher mind you, wanted to get me an album for my 15th birthday, and wanted it t be a surprize. I told her to go to a music store in the city, and ask them what to buy. Mom was in her 40s and the last guy she listened to was Eddy Albert, she was not in tunes to the new music lol. So this music place, which was also a headshop, gave her "Yes, close to the edge" My friend liked Alice Cooper and I liked him some also.

I miss Eddie Albert though, For years I could recite and sing his songs with friends who remembered him also. Music is such a powerful tool is it not? Just thought of Don Mclean..

"I went down to the Sacred store,
where I heard the music years before,
but the man there,
said the music,
wouldn't play

And in the streets the people screamed
the children cried and the poets dreamed
not a word was spoken
the church bells all were broken

The three men I admire the most
The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
all caught the last train for the coast
the day, the music, died"

Don't know why I went into that lol, maybe I,ve got "To much time on my hands" (Styx BTW)

Oh and I had the Osmonds too, and crush on Marie
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
...the list goes on...

Oh, wait... you said "list."

Nevermind...
Posted By: writer1 Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 10:37 PM
Don't know why I went into that lol, maybe I,ve got "To much time on my hands" (Styx BTW)

Okay, now you're getting into my time. Let's see, I grew up on The Police, Chicago, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Air Supply (for those sentimental moments), Bryan Adams, Foreigner.

I still listen to the old stuff sometimes, but I like the new stuff too.

I am officially stalking John Ondrasik. My H's cousin knows him and we've been to two of his concerts in the past couple of years. We go see him every time he goes on tour.

Until the day he died, my cousin called me "Marie". He thought I look just like her.
Me? Bobby Sherman blush

But man! could Al Green sing a tune!
Okay, now you're getting into my time. Let's see, I grew up on The Police, Chicago, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Air Supply (for those sentimental moments), Bryan Adams, Foreigner...
Yeah those were in my 20s, I still listen to them and consider them to be my era.

In the 90s, when my 16 year old daughter was into Creed, and at a critical time in my lifewhen everything was falling apart, I got back into music and was listening to "Arms wide open", and it moved me so much I started to listen to them like a teenager looking for himself, ahem, again?

Well I would put on the headphones and crank it up like I wanted it to drown out my thoughts. One morning after sleeping with them on, I woke up and heard ringing in my ears. I still hear it 14 yrs later, I now have high frequency hearing loss. And having survived all those teen years when I cranked it up, I still got jammed, Lol Oh well...Thanks Midlife crisis.
Me? Bobby Sherman blush

Didn't he sing "Little green Apples"?
Posted By: SugarCane Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 11:53 PM
You know those really uncool music radio channels, that play "mellow music", which means they play nothing too frightening or rebellious?

Well this thread is like listening to one of those.
Posted By: SugarCane Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/15/11 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Until the day he died, my cousin called me "Marie". He thought I look just like her.
Donnie and Marie did a TV special over here about three years ago, and Marie looked VERY fine. She has worn very well!
You know those really uncool music radio channels, that play "mellow music", which means they play nothing too frightening or rebellious?

Would someone push "Floor Number 8" please? dance2

Wanna know who Mr. W thinks you look like? The other night we were watching Celebrity Apprentice and Lisa Rinna came on -- Mr. W said, "She reminds me of MF"...A HUGE compliment! smile

***her lips have been fixed now -- she no longer looks like a duck-billed platypus -- She's beautiful!

Mrs. W
Noooo, CP! Wasn't that one sung by that Vegas guy with the slicked-back hair? Or Glen Campbell, or someone like that?

Bobby Sherman sang "Little Woman" "Julie, Do You Love Me"...um, I think he managed to squeak out one or two more before his fifteen minutes was up.
Noooo, CP! Wasn't that one sung by that Vegas guy with the slicked-back hair? Or Glen Campbell, or someone like that?

Bobby Sherman sang "Little Woman" "Julie, Do You Love Me"...um, I think he managed to squeak out one or two more before his fifteen minutes was up.

Nah Wasn't Wayne Newton, or Glen Campbell, it was another 60-70s mellow guy, kinda like Rupert Holmes was to the late 70s. who was the heartthrob who sang it though?

Ah yes, "Julie Julie Julie, do ya love meeeee, Julie Julie Julie, do ya careeee? Julie Julie Julie, are ya thinkin of meeee?" lmao.

Hey! I resemble that remark! Whup Whup Whup! Hey Moe LOOOK!

Its funny though, when I hear old songs that used to be radical, being played in elevators as MuzaC.

Haven't heard Midnite hour yet though, or Dead babies. Give it time.

Does anyone know where I can find "My Frankenstein" in muzac form yet? Or maybe played with a harp? I'm going into the elevator business and want to give the baby-boomers something to keep thier heart beating.
Posted By: lildoggie Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/16/11 12:43 AM
I was hiding from my then WH and as I don't particularly like country music, it seemed appropriate smile
grin
I actually had this figured out months ago. But never thought it worth mentioning. Gosh, imagine the blackmail lucre I could have won...

I'm still a bit peeved because I posted some lines from "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" in my sig -- to give some idea of the travails of a BS -- and Pepperband never once responded...
Well since someone else here uses my unusual REAL name-- ahhem, I had to come up with something else. My brother and sister couldn't pronounce my name when they were little so they called me "meggy". I was always my dad's "princess", thus PrincessMeggy.

It's fun when I meet MB people IRL because it can be confusing as heck! smile
Originally Posted by lildoggie
I was hiding from my then WH and as I don't particularly like country music, it seemed appropriate smile

"Get along lildoggie"? Thats a riot
Hi Mrs W. Mr. W. Someone said to read up on you. Does that mean read your bio? I am the WW. My BH asked me for the MB website URL tonight. (I am prayerful now - if he reads it there may be hope....I keep hoping) I am greatful to have found this website. Even if my marriage does not recover from my infidelity, I can hold on from here till I reach the shore.
Ah yes, "Julie Julie Julie, do ya love meeeee, Julie Julie Julie, do ya careeee? Julie Julie Julie, are ya thinkin of meeee?" lmao.
Weeeeeelllll, looks like somebody else had a poster of Bobby Sherman on their wall, eh? laugh
Originally Posted by NoComfort
Hi Mrs W. Mr. W. Someone said to read up on you. Does that mean read your bio? I am the WW. My BH asked me for the MB website URL tonight. (I am prayerful now - if he reads it there may be hope....I keep hoping) I am greatful to have found this website. Even if my marriage does not recover from my infidelity, I can hold on from here till I reach the shore.

Hi NoComfort,

What that means is that you can click on my name or Mr. W's name -- or the name of any member here for that matter and view all of our posts -- it's likely helpful to click the button that says "topics created" when you do that -- that way you are able to see threads that the particular member has started on their own -- not just all the posts they have made to others -- though those can certainly be helpful as well...

I've yet to read your thread, it will probably be tomorrow before I can, but I will check it out...Welcome to MB -- I'm glad you're here and I will pray for the restoration of your marriage as well...

Mrs. W
Does anyone know where I can find "My Frankenstein" in muzac form yet?
What a great Cooper tune! (not as good as 'Elected', mind you...)
Posted By: SugarCane Re: Get along lildoggie - 03/16/11 02:13 AM
Does anyone know where I can find "My Frankenstein" in muzac form yet?
What a great Cooper tune! (not as good as 'Elected', mind you...)
Oh, so that's who you were talking about!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Get along lildoggie - 03/16/11 03:18 AM
You silly people do not know good music! sigh

This is music: right here y'all [Linked Image from i39.photobucket.com]

This is real music, you silly carpetbaggers!
Weeeeeelllll, looks like somebody else had a poster of Bobby Sherman on their wall, eh? laugh

Nah Nancy Sinatra though. I just remember tunes.

Every time I hear my Son-in Laws name Jessie, I am cursed with..."Jessie was a freind, yeah hes allway been a good friend of mine, But lately somethings changed and hard to define, Jessies got himself a girl, and I want to make her mine. And she touchin him with..."

Thankfully it is controllable by that point.

My first teenage idols were 3 Dog Night, then Crosby Still, Nash, and Young. But then I like "Cheatin' heart" too, and Elvis. They all have a place.

Never had a band poster though, just the floresent ones from spaceland for the blacklight.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Get along lildoggie - 03/16/11 03:28 AM
You silly people do not know good music! sigh

This is music: right here y'all [Linked Image from i39.photobucket.com]

This is real music, you silly carpetbaggers!

Yeehaw!!!
Posted By: ConstantProcess Re: Get along lildoggie - 03/16/11 03:31 AM
Mel I was tainted by the hillbillies who lived next door blasting Johnny Cash into thinking all people who listened to country were like that. They were strange Mel.

It took a few years to appreciate country music, even though I loved "A boy named Sue" allways. "Galviston" used to make me tear up lol.
Posted By: ConstantProcess Re: Get along lildoggie - 03/16/11 03:33 AM
Oh yeah Flatt and Scruggs too.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Get along lildoggie - 03/16/11 03:58 AM
Mel I was tainted by the hillbillies who lived next door blasting Johnny Cash into thinking all people who listened to country were like that. They were strange Mel.

It took a few years to appreciate country music, even though I loved "A boy named Sue" allways. "Galviston" used to make me tear up lol.

A boy named Sue! That brings back old memories.. laugh
Posted By: writer1 Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/16/11 05:32 AM
Every time I hear my Son-in Laws name Jessie, I am cursed with..."Jessie was a freind, yeah hes allway been a good friend of mine, But lately somethings changed and hard to define, Jessies got himself a girl, and I want to make her mine. And she touchin him with..."

Rick Springfield. I'm swooning with nostalgia. faint
Rick Springfield. I'm swooning with nostalgia. faint

Lol well you can think of the song then writer, you have no idea how irritating it is to have it going in your head when your trying to have a convo. sigh

Dang Noah...

Wanna know who Mr. W thinks you look like? The other night we were watching Celebrity Apprentice and Lisa Rinna came on -- Mr. W said, "She reminds me of MF"...A HUGE compliment! smile

***her lips have been fixed now -- she no longer looks like a duck-billed platypus -- She's beautiful!

Mrs. W

You're right, that would be a compliment if it were TRUE...LOL! I wasn't sure I knew who she was but I just looked her up...I can't find any pics without the duck-billed platypus look.

I mostly hear that I look like Lauren Graham. I've heard that a few times.
What does your screen name mean -------> pop songs.

Interesting segue!
t/j'd but still a great thread, MF!
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/16/11 03:25 PM

You're lucky to be alive.

Yikes! I think I just felt Pepperband's hands reaching through my monitor over the Internet and trying to strangle me!
Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/16/11 03:29 PM

Actually, I think this redeems everything....unless he admits to having Leonard Nimoy's album. That would just be sad.

Respect the classics, man!

Posted By: markos Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/16/11 03:31 PM

Or, actually, since I'm a PP&M fan:

(Yes, that's Leonard Nimoy.)
[quote=Tawandabelle]

I am so culturally deprived, that I never heard his "Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"... rotflmao I am dyin' over here, y'all are too funny!!!!
Texas Driver Theme Song

rcoaster
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
I'm still a bit peeved because I posted some lines from "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" in my sig -- to give some idea of the travails of a BS -- and Pepperband never once responded...

rotflmao

Please, note above response.
Awww... why did the roller coaster smiley have to break?

Posted By: SusieQ Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/17/11 04:51 PM
I love that scene! Factoid: It was filmed in a grocery store parking lot of my very small Georgia hometown...My "brush with fame"! grin

tj

This would make its own interesting thread, claims to fame. I have a couple of small ones. I bet Pep has a lot of neat stories althought I don't know how much she could share here.

/tj
That would make for a fun thread, SusieQ! Where's that fun thread starter, MF, when ya need her? stickout

Here's something fun that is also a MAJOR EGO BOOST [cuz it lies to you! grin] - It sorta has to do with "fame"~~~> Face Recognition: What Celebrity Do You Look Like?

Here's who it says I look like: [Gotta love that lyin' devil! grin]

• Sarah Michelle Gellar
  • Demi Moore
  • Billie Piper
  • Elle Macpherson
  • Melanie Knauss
  • Nicollette Sheridan
  • Yamila Diaz
  • Tara Reid
  • Meg Ryan
  • Naomi Watts

Mrs. W

Posted By: SusieQ Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/17/11 09:29 PM
I tried it! I got Faith Hill, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Brenda Song(?).

How fun! Thanks for sharing smile
Hey now, I'm not the only one who can start fun threads...go ahead Mrs Dubya, start one!

OHMI!! rotflmao I am the grandaughter of a 3rd generation farmer! That so perfectly describes my Granddaddy from the Oklahoma pandhandle. He was a wheat farmer [combine driver] and when I was a little girl he would put me in the truck bed next to the combine during harvest and let the wheat grains pore over me. It was great fun even though my poor grandmother was horrified when I was returned to her covered in wheat and dust. laugh
Originally Posted by SusieQ

Me too!

smile
Today on my way home from the endo, the traffic coming the opposite direction was backed up FOREVER because of a tractor field thingy of some kind. The little old man tipped his cap at me as he passed smile
Okay, I'm posting here just to get this thread back on track.

Now I picked my handle because...

grin
Come on, Fred, don't leave us hanging!
dance2
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Originally Posted by SusieQ

Me too!

smile

Ha! I would have pegged you more for Madonna. smile
Posted By: SusieQ Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/18/11 03:42 PM
One of the pictures I used on that site had my son in it. It scanned our faces and gave us both a match. His match was...Madonna!! LOL
I got Freddie Mercury in there, that's enough.

I win.
Posted By: SusieQ Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/18/11 04:15 PM
That gave me a good laugh!! smile
Posted By: ImStaying Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/18/11 07:18 PM

Who are THEY???

smile
Posted By: LoveCAG Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/26/11 10:04 PM
my screen name means I love Carla ____ _______ smile
... and gespacho?

:p
Originally Posted by ImStaying

Who are THEY???

smile

Do you have a death wish? naughty
Let It Be, Pep, Let It Be...... smile
I think it's the cast of a Saturday Morning kids show...
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

The 500 greatest albums of ALL TIME !!!!!

Pos. Album Name Artist Release date

1 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band The Beatles June 1967
2 Pet Sounds The Beach Boys May 1966
3 Revolver The Beatles August 1966
4 Highway 61 Revisited Bob Dylan August 1965
5 Rubber Soul The Beatles December 1965
6 What's Going On Marvin Gaye May 1971
7 Exile on Main St. The Rolling Stones May 1972
8 London Calling The Clash December 1979
9 Blonde on Blonde Bob Dylan May 1966
10 The Beatles (also known as The White Album) The Beatles November 1968
June 1967 I graduated high school.
The Sgt. Pepper album was my passport into adulthood.
It would be impossible to overemphasize how much this album affected my young adulthood.

Awards
Grammy Awards

Nominated for seven Grammy Awards in 1968, it would win four, including Album of the Year, the first rock/pop album to receive the honor.

Year ............Winner ...................................................Award
1968 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Album of the Year
1968 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Best Album Cover, Graphic Arts
1968 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Best Engineered Recording, Non-Classical
1968 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Contemporary Album

Grammy Award nominations
Year ..............Nominee ......................................................Award
1968 "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" Group Vocal Performance
1968 "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" Contemporary Vocal Group
1968 "A Day in the Life" Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)
The Beatles?

Were they like The Wiggles?

Fruit salad, yummy yummy!

>.<

Side note; been trying to "educate" DD13 in the classics... she gives me weird looks when I play The Beatles...
Posted By: SugarCane Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 03/28/11 11:46 PM
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

The 500 greatest albums of ALL TIME !!!!!

Pos. Album Name Artist Release date

1 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band The Beatles June 1967
2 Pet Sounds The Beach Boys May 1966
3 Revolver The Beatles August 1966
4 Highway 61 Revisited Bob Dylan August 1965
5 Rubber Soul The Beatles December 1965
6 What's Going On Marvin Gaye May 1971
7 Exile on Main St. The Rolling Stones May 1972
8 London Calling The Clash December 1979
9 Blonde on Blonde Bob Dylan May 1966
10 The Beatles (also known as The White Album) The Beatles November 1968
That album is so wildly overrated!

In my opinion, of course.
Not only one of the most popular albums of all time, but also one of the most popular album COVERS of all time.

Who Are All Those People On the Cover?
Posted By: SugarCane Re: What does your handle/screenname mean? - 04/01/11 11:13 PM
The cover is a work of art. The album is of extremely variable quality.
I loved the Beatles, especially Paul McCartney, because I thought he was so much cuter than the rest of the Beatles.

I chose my current handle when I was particularly frustrated with my WH. I figured I was married to Lord Clueless, so I must be Lady Clueless! LOL!
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Psssst, an aside to MelodyLane) - 04/03/11 04:41 PM
{Whispering} In the future, if you want to avoid embarrassment, let it be known that there is a 1935 Western starring Gene Autry, Ann Rutherford and Smiley Burnette called "Melody Trail."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0026697/

You could like pigeonhole some story to fit the plot, and hence your handle...)

lashes
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Psssst, an aside to MelodyLane) - 04/03/11 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
{Whispering} In the future, if you want to avoid embarrassment, let it be known that there is a 1935 Western starring Gene Autry, Ann Rutherford and Smiley Burnette called "Melody Trail."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0026697/

You could like pigeonhole some story to fit the plot, and hence your handle...)

lashes

Thankee, Fred! A little history rewriting is in order! laugh
Posted By: ConstantProcess Re: Psssst, an aside to MelodyLane) - 04/03/11 06:04 PM
Thankee, Fred! A little history rewriting is in order! laugh
rotflmao
Posted By: Fred_in_VA Re: Psssst, an aside to MelodyLane) - 04/05/11 02:48 AM
History is written by the winners!

Originally Posted by Samuel Butler, Prose Observations
God cannot alter the past, though historians can.
Posted By: celticvoyager Re: Psssst, an aside to MelodyLane) - 04/25/11 08:44 PM
Thanks everyone for sharing... I have benefited from the site soooo much. My handle...

Well, it's kinda easy in my brain... I'm Irish, my middle name was chosen by my parents who were catholic at the time... St. Brendan the Voyager... You remember, the one who *really* discovered america. ;-)

So.... Celtic voyager... Is there a place (semi-anonymous, where people on the list just get together and chat or trade emails off line? I really hate being anonymous, but I really need to remain anonymous for a number of reasons at this point... Work, kids, my wife's recovering reputation, etc... Lol... assuming there's anyone here interested in knowing who I am...

CV
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Psssst, an aside to MelodyLane) - 04/25/11 10:42 PM
Is there a place (semi-anonymous, where people on the list just get together and chat or trade emails off line? I really hate being anonymous, but I really need to remain anonymous for a number of reasons at this point...
CV, if you are interested in establishing an offline friendship with a poster you can email our head moderator JustUss2@aol.com and ask that the poster be notified that you would like to exchange email addresses.

*SELF-EDIT.
Posted By: celticvoyager Re: Psssst, an aside to MelodyLane) - 04/26/11 12:42 AM
awesome! not that I know anyone on particular..lol, but who knows!

CV
Maybe she should have gone retro and called herself "Penelope Pitstop"

Now for the prize behind door #3, What show was that from?

Trick question. Not just one show. From memory, I would say first from The Wacky Races and then on to her own show, The Perils of Penelope Pitstop. I am sure while on The Wacky Races she expected to marry Peter Perfect. Who would have thought that when she got her own show, she would be teamed up with The Ant Hill Mob.

But let's face it, the villains on both shows (D1ck Dastardly on TWR and The Hooded Claw on PPP) were more entertaining than the protagonists. And of course Mutley outshown them all!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums