Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
OP Offline
M
Thought this would be a fun distraction for a time.

Share how you chose yours. smile

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
T
T
Tawanda comes from Fried Green Tomatoes. I love when Kathy Bates is at the store, she's been waiting for a parking spot, and some young little tarts swoop in and take it. She's had a lot going on, she's menopausal, and she's HAD ENOUGH. So she yells, "Tawanda!" and smashes their snitty little Volkswagon to kingdom come wink

Belle comes from the fact that I was raised to be a southern belle, complete with pageants and "finishing school: tactful, deferent, "yes ma'am," ladylike, socially cautious and seemly.

I have both sides, and the side that comes out tends to depend on which side gets poked with the stick smile

P
P
Powerbane -

Power = part of my surname
Bane = something causing misery or death

I chose the bane part to signify the symbolic death of me when I woke up and started living and caring again last year. I keep it because it's a constant reminder to me that it's not at all - all about me. I never want to go back to the old me. My wife is much happier than I've seen her in over a decade. We talk and interact more now than when we ever have before.

I guess at some point soon I should get over to MB 101 and post my story. I'm still a work in progress.

Me - 46
Wife - 43
2 x DD
Married 18 yrs - known each other for 22 yrs
Woke up 12/2009 and realized I was an idiot for neglecting my WIFE!
S
S
Hey, MF!

My handle used to be 'thisbitterpill'. It is a song that I could NOT listen to prior to dday. The singer is so emotional at the end of the song that it is almost painful to listen to. Well, after dday, I would go for a lot of drives to listen to music and that is one song that I would play frequently...to sing and cry! It was very therapeutic for me! (Sorry, I know this thread is supposed to be fun...)

Anyway, later into recovery I HATED seeing that SN everytime I posted so I changed it to the one I have now...wanted something that was the opposite of the old one...so this one is something my grandmother used to call me smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
"Tawanda"!!! That scene is classic! So that's where that comes from...What a great movie smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
I
I
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
I have both sides, and the side that comes out tends to depend on which side gets poked with the stick smile

[Linked Image from websmileys.com]

Isabeau was Michelle Pfeiffer's character in the movie Ladyhawke.

M
M
Mine seems obvious, but that wasn't the state I was in when I started posting. It was the state I wanted to be in. I was goal-setting at the time I registered.

And we did get to that state - YAY. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

T
T
I like that, maritalbliss....choosing a name representative of the future you hoped for regardless of what the present was. Very deep. Now my head hurts.

Do y'all ever picture people based on their screen names? Every time I see "SuzieQ" I picture a little blond girl skipping around with pigtails. Pepperband makes me think of some woman walking around with Maxwell's silver hammer in her back pocket. I'm a very visual person.

T
T
Oh, and in case you picture me...I wear a size 4...a size FOUR people, and my nose is little, yeah, that's it, and baby Got Back is NOT my theme song....nope, not at all.

M
M
Oh, and in case you picture me...I wear a size 4...a size FOUR people, and my nose is little, yeah, that's it, and baby Got Back is NOT my theme song....nope, not at all.
I'm thinking page-boy haircut. You threw me on the size 4, though - I had you figured for a 6 or 8.

Weird, how we picture people, LOL!

Last edited by maritalbliss; 03/14/11 12:19 PM. Reason: Exclamation point, not the number 1 ! :)

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

T
T
OK.....FINE! I really wear a 14/16....for now. And I have big southern hair....blond. I recently discovered natural curl and it feels like the 80's all over again smile

That's okay. I just call myself a "Renaissance Woman." wink

S
S
Do y'all ever picture people based on their screen names? Every time I see "SuzieQ" I picture a little blond girl skipping around with pigtails. Pepperband makes me think of some woman walking around with Maxwell's silver hammer in her back pocket. I'm a very visual person.

HA! If you saw a picture of me you would laugh, I am very much the opposite. Amer-asian and dark skin, dark hair LOL

I am very visual as well ~ I love it when people have their pictures up in the gallery, that way I can put a name to a face when reading the posts.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
P
P
[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]

T
T
Some things you DO know. When I first saw Pepperband's pic on that MB album, I was not at all surprised that she had short hair. Sassy people usually have short hair.

Pokerface.....Lady gaga.....scary. MY DH is like this too. Sometimes when someone asks him a yes or no question he will - with a perfectly straight face - shake his head no while saying yes. It's funny to watch them short circuit trying to process it, not sure is he's kidding or maybe just has some sort of....specialness going on smile

P
P
edited

Last edited by pokerface; 03/14/11 06:04 PM.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

W
W
Mine is pretty obvious. I'm a writer.

I didn't put much thought into it. I just used a derivative of my screen name for a writer's forum I also post on. When I joined MB, I was not in a very good place and I really just wanted to get registered as quickly as possible and start getting help. I suppose that's true for a lot of people.

My screen name isn't very creative. If I were registering today, I'd probably put a little more thought into it.

Hmmm... what would I pick? Maybe I should think about changing it now, but it confuses me when people change their screen names after being here for a long time.

Last edited by writer1; 03/14/11 02:54 PM.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
M
M
Tawanda comes from Fried Green Tomatoes. I love when Kathy Bates is at the store, she's been waiting for a parking spot, and some young little tarts swoop in and take it. She's had a lot going on, she's menopausal, and she's HAD ENOUGH. So she yells, "Tawanda!" and smashes their snitty little Volkswagon to kingdom come wink

I love that scene! Factoid: It was filmed in a grocery store parking lot of my very small Georgia hometown...My "brush with fame"! grin

I've told the pretty uninteresting story of how I chose my name about a million times here, MF...I'm lazy and don't feel like typing it out again! stickout

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Originally Posted by Isabeau
Isabeau was Michelle Pfeiffer's character in the movie Ladyhawke.
Sugar Kane was Marilyn Munroe's character in possibly my favourite film, Some Like It Hot, with Tony Curtis (drool - as he was then, not latterly!) and Jack Lemmon.

I didn't realise until too late that the character's surname is spelled "Kane", not "Cane".

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by pokerface
I find that people often miss my humor because it tends to be a little off the wall and sometimes a bit dry. My good friends tell me that it is my poker face that throws people (they think I'm serious when I am joking).

It turned out to be a great tool in dealing with FWH when he was deep in the fog.

I used to be oak_tree (chosen for its strength) but from now on I will go by pokerface.

My favorite joke of the week: How do you wake up Lady Gaga?

pokerface
Ummm...

Do you realise what Lady Gaga is being poker faced ABOUT?

Do you understand the meaning of the line "I'm bluffin' with my muffin'"?

Please, nobody translate it here. Look it up in the Urban Dictionary online!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P
Sassy people usually have short hair.

I am 20 years older than you.
Older people usually have shorter hair than younger people.
Older hair sucks.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 430 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation