Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
C
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Didn't he sing "Little green Apples"?
Noooo, CP! Wasn't that one sung by that Vegas guy with the slicked-back hair? Or Glen Campbell, or someone like that?

Bobby Sherman sang "Little Woman" "Julie, Do You Love Me"...um, I think he managed to squeak out one or two more before his fifteen minutes was up.

Nah Wasn't Wayne Newton, or Glen Campbell, it was another 60-70s mellow guy, kinda like Rupert Holmes was to the late 70s. who was the heartthrob who sang it though?

Ah yes, "Julie Julie Julie, do ya love meeeee, Julie Julie Julie, do ya careeee? Julie Julie Julie, are ya thinkin of meeee?" lmao.

C
C
Originally Posted by SugarCane
You know those really uncool music radio channels, that play "mellow music", which means they play nothing too frightening or rebellious?

Well this thread is like listening to one of those.

Hey! I resemble that remark! Whup Whup Whup! Hey Moe LOOOK!

Its funny though, when I hear old songs that used to be radical, being played in elevators as MuzaC.

Haven't heard Midnite hour yet though, or Dead babies. Give it time.

Does anyone know where I can find "My Frankenstein" in muzac form yet? Or maybe played with a harp? I'm going into the elevator business and want to give the baby-boomers something to keep thier heart beating.

L
L
I was hiding from my then WH and as I don't particularly like country music, it seemed appropriate smile

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
F
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I can only leave a small clue.
CLUE: Mel's name and mine are related.
grin
I actually had this figured out months ago. But never thought it worth mentioning. Gosh, imagine the blackmail lucre I could have won...

I'm still a bit peeved because I posted some lines from "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" in my sig -- to give some idea of the travails of a BS -- and Pepperband never once responded...

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
P
P
Well since someone else here uses my unusual REAL name-- ahhem, I had to come up with something else. My brother and sister couldn't pronounce my name when they were little so they called me "meggy". I was always my dad's "princess", thus PrincessMeggy.

It's fun when I meet MB people IRL because it can be confusing as heck! smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
Originally Posted by lildoggie
I was hiding from my then WH and as I don't particularly like country music, it seemed appropriate smile

"Get along lildoggie"? Thats a riot

F
F
Hi Mrs W. Mr. W. Someone said to read up on you. Does that mean read your bio? I am the WW. My BH asked me for the MB website URL tonight. (I am prayerful now - if he reads it there may be hope....I keep hoping) I am greatful to have found this website. Even if my marriage does not recover from my infidelity, I can hold on from here till I reach the shore.

"Visioning my tomorrow will help me live through today"
3/8/11 D-Day
4/5/11 (surgery) My healing begins.
M
M
Ah yes, "Julie Julie Julie, do ya love meeeee, Julie Julie Julie, do ya careeee? Julie Julie Julie, are ya thinkin of meeee?" lmao.
Weeeeeelllll, looks like somebody else had a poster of Bobby Sherman on their wall, eh? laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by NoComfort
Hi Mrs W. Mr. W. Someone said to read up on you. Does that mean read your bio? I am the WW. My BH asked me for the MB website URL tonight. (I am prayerful now - if he reads it there may be hope....I keep hoping) I am greatful to have found this website. Even if my marriage does not recover from my infidelity, I can hold on from here till I reach the shore.

Hi NoComfort,

What that means is that you can click on my name or Mr. W's name -- or the name of any member here for that matter and view all of our posts -- it's likely helpful to click the button that says "topics created" when you do that -- that way you are able to see threads that the particular member has started on their own -- not just all the posts they have made to others -- though those can certainly be helpful as well...

I've yet to read your thread, it will probably be tomorrow before I can, but I will check it out...Welcome to MB -- I'm glad you're here and I will pray for the restoration of your marriage as well...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Does anyone know where I can find "My Frankenstein" in muzac form yet?
What a great Cooper tune! (not as good as 'Elected', mind you...)

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
Does anyone know where I can find "My Frankenstein" in muzac form yet?
What a great Cooper tune! (not as good as 'Elected', mind you...)
Oh, so that's who you were talking about!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
You silly people do not know good music! sigh

This is music: right here y'all [Linked Image from i39.photobucket.com]

This is real music, you silly carpetbaggers!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Weeeeeelllll, looks like somebody else had a poster of Bobby Sherman on their wall, eh? laugh

Nah Nancy Sinatra though. I just remember tunes.

Every time I hear my Son-in Laws name Jessie, I am cursed with..."Jessie was a freind, yeah hes allway been a good friend of mine, But lately somethings changed and hard to define, Jessies got himself a girl, and I want to make her mine. And she touchin him with..."

Thankfully it is controllable by that point.

My first teenage idols were 3 Dog Night, then Crosby Still, Nash, and Young. But then I like "Cheatin' heart" too, and Elvis. They all have a place.

Never had a band poster though, just the floresent ones from spaceland for the blacklight.

P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
You silly people do not know good music! sigh

This is music: right here y'all [Linked Image from i39.photobucket.com]

This is real music, you silly carpetbaggers!

Yeehaw!!!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
Mel I was tainted by the hillbillies who lived next door blasting Johnny Cash into thinking all people who listened to country were like that. They were strange Mel.

It took a few years to appreciate country music, even though I loved "A boy named Sue" allways. "Galviston" used to make me tear up lol.

C
C
Oh yeah Flatt and Scruggs too.

M
M
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Mel I was tainted by the hillbillies who lived next door blasting Johnny Cash into thinking all people who listened to country were like that. They were strange Mel.

It took a few years to appreciate country music, even though I loved "A boy named Sue" allways. "Galviston" used to make me tear up lol.

A boy named Sue! That brings back old memories.. laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Every time I hear my Son-in Laws name Jessie, I am cursed with..."Jessie was a freind, yeah hes allway been a good friend of mine, But lately somethings changed and hard to define, Jessies got himself a girl, and I want to make her mine. And she touchin him with..."

Rick Springfield. I'm swooning with nostalgia. faint

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
C
C
Originally Posted by writer1
Rick Springfield. I'm swooning with nostalgia. faint

Lol well you can think of the song then writer, you have no idea how irritating it is to have it going in your head when your trying to have a convo. sigh

Dang Noah...

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Until the day he died, my cousin called me "Marie". He thought I look just like her.

Wanna know who Mr. W thinks you look like? The other night we were watching Celebrity Apprentice and Lisa Rinna came on -- Mr. W said, "She reminds me of MF"...A HUGE compliment! smile

***her lips have been fixed now -- she no longer looks like a duck-billed platypus -- She's beautiful!

Mrs. W

You're right, that would be a compliment if it were TRUE...LOL! I wasn't sure I knew who she was but I just looked her up...I can't find any pics without the duck-billed platypus look.

I mostly hear that I look like Lauren Graham. I've heard that a few times.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation