Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
C
Originally Posted by 51CD30
As a betrayed wife, I certainly would have appreciated it if one of the few people who knew of my FWH's adultery let me know before I turned my life completely upside down to move here with him. I found out by accidentally finding a hot and steamy email between AP and H. It would have been nice to make my decision based on full knowledge of my actual marital situation. But NO ONE told me. Shame on them.

This is exactly why I think anonymously is better than nothing at all. Glad to see it won't be an issue here, good for you Sanity!

L
L
If the information had been made known to me anonymously, I doubt I would have believed it. The anonymous communication would have had to include some kind of proof, or I know I would have just tossed it.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
L
L
You didn't know he was married or had a son while dating him? If that is the case you should use your name just in case she has more questions. You should answer those truthfully. I had no problem exposing to my whole world, so you shouldn't be scared to tell a stranger bw.

S
S
sanity,

Don't view this betrayed wife as a "stranger". She isn't, really. She is the woman who is betrayed by a man who chooses to lie to her, gaslight her, and cheat behind her back.

She is a woman, just like you, who is in love with the man she married.

She is a woman who needs you to be as truthful and honest with her about her life, because there is no one else to do that for her. Not even her husband.

She is a woman who has to face the truth of her life, and who deserves the most information she can have in order to do that. The information includes the name of the woman who has been her husband's affair partner. She has no truth right now, because the person who vowed to care for her has betrayed her. She lives in the dark.

It is up to you to shine the light on her life, because the only chance she has is to know everything. She is a woman who may wish to save her marriage, and she cannot do that

because

there are two people who know the truth

You

and her husband

and neither of them want to air their dirty laundry, completely, honestly, and openly...

so that this betrayed wife can make decisions with the truth before her and KNOWN to her

and

so that this woman can begin today in making the changes she may wish to make to her life - whether that means changing the marriage, herself, or leaving him.

She is not a stranger. She is a woman, just like you, with an awful truth to face.

The only difference is that she doesn't even know it.

There remains the question, "If not you, then who?". You already know what kind of man her husband is. You are the only one left - to give her the entire truth.

Her husband? He will lie to her. Because just as he threw you under the bus, he will also try to do the same with the truth.

She is not a stranger to you.
You know her name. She deserves to know yours.

BTW, I am proud that you made the decision you made, to tell her about the affair. It is not easy, but then again, when is doing the right thing ever easy?

You hang in there.

Schoolbus

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
E
E
Amen Schoolbus!

It is hard, but the route to happiness is never easy. This is one you can chalk up to being a "character builder".

One thing, in the future Sanity, if a man after quite sometimes, who is a grown adult with a job, refuses to take you to 1)meet his family after dating a long while or 2)refuses to take you to his home to show it to you and bring you inside, then I'd think he was probably married.

I had a friend who accidentally dated one but only went on 3 dates luckily. She caught him b/c he accidentally called her from his house line and it showed up on her caller id as a womans' name. It wasn't his cell phone or his office. She also told me she'd wondered how he had all the time gone out with his friends from his office but never invited her along. And she wondered why he never called her after 10 pm. ????

It's probably easy to listen to their excuses, but in the end, my friend picked up on his situation luckily after a dinner on their 3rd date.

YOU can do the right thing! You're a great person for being here and being open and trying to take the higher road. I know you're hurt, but you aren't the only woman this has happened too. My friend saw his number, called him back, and he answered. She asked who xxxxx was (name of woman on caller ID) and he said "somebody at work". She said "that's funny, she has the same last name as you". He said it was from work, and the office directory must be wrong. She told him the prefix (area code and first 3 digits after) were totally different than the office lines he called her from. She then looked it up online and whoa...it was their house.

She was super angry and cried for days after that, but it was because he lied so blatantly. My friend did leave a message on their voicemail from a payphone b/c she wanted his w to know what he was up to: no good!

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation