Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 50 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 49 50
H
H
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
Three of us, I would say the BH 2010-2011 is larger than that!

Andy, Stretch, SMM, Lost, Rey, North, TD, and on and on!

We need our own board!

crybaby

I feel so left out!

J/K.

My thread is in the recovery board. I did my adultery slaying quite a while before I showed up...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
S
S
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
This morning wife said she wanted to look at getting a different wedding ring, asked if I was ok with that. She said she wanted a new start with it, and also wanted to show me that she was committed and not messing around with this. A good sign, I believe.

Stretch is JEALOUS.
Of course that is a good sign!

Take it slow and easy. Don't rush. This does sound like a fast rebound from a recovery that felt completely shattered a couple weekends ago NW.

A new ring is a fantastic committment! Way to go. dance2

Keep on working. Your foundation for this M is very fragile.

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
S
S
Originally Posted by chickadee1
thats great about the ring. from a girl its a good sign. my WH is just wearing the new one we got in the mail (we saw it in st thomas) 2 days after the floor fell out for me, he wont take it off. kinda ironic, but nice. are girls allowed to be honorary members of ur club?
Yes. Please stop by anytime!

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
M
M
Yes. Please stop by anytime!
Hey, wait a minute! A few weeks ago you guys were conspiring to keep ME out! What gives!?

I think Reynolds had something to do with it... skeptical

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
H
What the firetruck?

How did Bliss get in here?

Who was supposed to be watching the door?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

V
V
Originally Posted by stretch123
Take it slow and easy. Don't rush. This does sound like a fast rebound from a recovery that felt completely shattered a couple weekends ago NW.

Don't know if you want any FWW input here, NW, but I second this observation by stretch.

Your W may mean well, but I don't know if her intentions are pure yet - KWIM? They can't be, really, since she has so recently been in contact. It will still take a long time for the fog to clear entirely.

I would caution that she needs that time to truly realize the magnitude of her actions, to try and actually grasp what all has happened and how this has forever changed you, her, and the marriage.

JMHO.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
M
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
What the firetruck?

Hey, you guys, I think your sign fell down.

Whew! This place is a MESS! Where's the broom? Where's the furniture polish?? Geez, what a frat house!! Is that green stuff in the oven a whole pizza?

[Linked Image from he-manwomanhatersclub.net]

D-Day 2-10-2009

R
R
Marital would I do that? Thanks for lookin in on SMM.

If you're not around I would have no one to remind me to pick up my socks, and then all the AHs would come flooding back into my marriage..

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
What the firetruck?

Beats me, I thought Reynolds had that covered. Figures.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
Don't know if you want any FWW input here, NW, but I second this observation by stretch.

Your W may mean well, but I don't know if her intentions are pure yet - KWIM? They can't be, really, since she has so recently been in contact. It will still take a long time for the fog to clear entirely.

I would caution that she needs that time to truly realize the magnitude of her actions, to try and actually grasp what all has happened and how this has forever changed you, her, and the marriage.

JMHO.

Hey, by all means toss in your input, the more the merrier!

This is what is in the back of my mind, that it seems too fast. Re: your last sentence, she has talked about that and I have no doubt that she recognizes the impact of what happened.

So I'm still watching (in case y'all were worried that I wasn't) but guess I either have to go for it or file for divorce. No real middle ground there, you know? So far, so good. It just seems "different" this time around, but I've read enough threads to know that things can change pretty quickly if you're not on top of your game. We talked the other day about how we've got to maintain this thing of ours this time around, no complacency.

Thanks, all, for piping in. Your comments are always appreciated, even if you're a "gurl" smile

Me (BH)
FWW

V
V
Well then, by all means, carry on w/ the thread fun! (Though may I reserve the right to be the thread downer as needed? grin )

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
N
OP Offline
N
Though may I reserve the right to be the thread downer as needed? grin

You sure can, any time!

Seriously, though, feel free to chime in if something doesn't look right. Ok? I know enough to know that I don't know squat sometimes smile

Me (BH)
FWW

M
M
Waaa, why are my posts suddenly doubling up?????

Last edited by maritalbliss; 04/22/11 07:52 AM.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Well then, by all means, carry on w/ the thread fun! (Though may I reserve the right to be the thread downer as needed? grin )
Aw, Mrs. V - you could never be a downer! smile

D-Day 2-10-2009

V
V
Aw, maritalbliss, you done doubled the warm fuzzies! hug

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
A
A
LMAO...Yes, it was Reynolds turn to watch the door for 'gurls'...we'll have to be more careful next time. All kidding aside, I really appreciate the female perspective in all of this. They have an advantage over us males - we're soooooo easy to figure out. Women, on the other hand, are a mystery that takes a lifetime to unravel.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
M
M
Originally Posted by AndyM
LMAO...Yes, it was Reynolds turn to watch the door for 'gurls'...we'll have to be more careful next time. All kidding aside, I really appreciate the female perspective in all of this. They have an advantage over us males - we're soooooo easy to figure out. Women, on the other hand, are a mystery that takes a lifetime to unravel.
Hugs, Andy! Still following your thread...

D-Day 2-10-2009

H
H
Originally Posted by AndyM

As things progress, Andy, there are specific, wonderful, women here who have a voice that is going to be invaluable to your personal recovery.

A
A
MB and HHH - thanks. Sophmoric humor aside, I know you're right. I will need a woman's perspective more than most. I'm too logical most of the time and not very emotional. I think my WW is very surprised at how passionate I get during our MC sessions.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
N
N
Guys, as regards the "Y-Chromosone Only" club you're discussing, all I can suggest is:

[Linked Image from powip.com]

"Be vewy, vewy quiet!"

Page 37 of 50 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 731 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation