Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 50 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 49 50
C
C
"Mommy, whats a a Chrome-y-zone?, is that where ya put shiny things?"

S
S
Hiwarious.

A
A
This is funny...we usually t/j my thread...not anyone else's? Should I be jealous? LOL...

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
C
C
Ah, Robin Williams singing Bruce Springsteens "Kisses like Fire" as Elmer Fudd. "...Fi - wa.."

Thanks Neverguesseo..

R
R
Why was I assigned to the door? You guys don't know anything about Canadians do you? We let anybody with a leaky boat into the country - what makes you think I should be guarding the door?

Us Canucks are good to have in a pinch if you need to beat the russians at hockey or something...

Seriously, some of the vets have started threads in the "poems" sections to just shoot the poop. We should do that instead of TJing Andy, Stretch or now North.

Just a thought. Let me know...

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
C
C
Ah its a big Frat house Andy, lots of rooms...

A
A
Why am I suddenly flashing back to Animal House....too many rooms...are we on double secret probation yet?..oh and putting the Hoser in charge...bad idea! My bad! I thought he could handle it.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Started Plan B - 7/11
N
OP Offline
N
Well, maritalbliss did a double-post, and then y'all covered Elmer Fudd, Animal House and referred to our pet Canadian as a hoser in, what, a few hours?

Sure, why the heck not smile

Animal House and Smokey & the Bandit (uncensored versions) are two of my favorites--could watch them anytime.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
Seriously, some of the vets have started threads in the "poems" sections to just shoot the poop. We should do that instead of TJing Andy, Stretch or now North.

Just a thought. Let me know...

No worries, but it does remind me that stretch has been quiet lately. Might need to wander over there and see if I can get him talking...

[Linked Image from i463.photobucket.com]

...only to derail his topic when he's not looking!

Me (BH)
FWW

W
W
NW- do you still have EB and MS in place? I am SO happy for oyu and the progress this past week! But don't lose sight of the past too quickly... Adjust that rear view mirror, objects are closer than they appear!

Good work. Nice Cajoles! Love how you blew up the OM this time! Just make sure to go look at the fragments to make sure they're not warm or moving still!

Now, if we could only get your WW to talk to my WW and tell her how great all of BH's are... for coming here and learning so much... every single BH (and BW's) come here clueless, and become so much better.

Thank you, Marriage Builders.

Me: BH (47)
Her: WW (46)
DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Plan B letter given 7-12-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
N
OP Offline
N
Yeah, I still check EB and MS several times a day. The past is too near to not do that, you know?

We traded her ring out today, even swap. Kind of nice to get rid of the old one, and we're not normally the types to believe that something is jinxed. The diamond in the old one was from my mother's ring, given to her by my dad.

My dad had an affair and left my mother a few months before I was born. I met him twice, talked to him on the phone a few times in 2004 but, otherwise, he had zero contact with us. About four failed marriages later and 30-something years of drinking, they found him unemployed, broke, dead and alone, on his couch in a rented apartment. His daughter had him cremated and, per her, "his [censored] went off the Arkansas River bridge" on her way home. She told me I didn't miss much, he was just the drunk guy on the couch crying about how he had left his wife and son years ago.

A poster child of a failed wayward, so maybe that diamond was rotten after all.

So, we're slowly righting the course and I feel better now than I did during any of my other two recoveries. I'll be glad when I can quit looking over my shoulder, though. This mess has been going on for almost a year now. Man, that went quick yet dragged minute-by-minute all at the same time.

Me (BH)
FWW

W
W
Wow. That's quite a story NW. And a testament to the aftermath of wayward thinking... 4 failed marriages? I would think after 2 failed marriages, why keep trying? But that's just me LOL.

The ring is definitely symbolic at best. A different ring doesn't change who you are, or who she is. If it helps on any level, then changing it (or anything) is good change.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I look forward to hearing less and less from you... that means you're getting back on track, and coming here every day can taper off...

Hopefully you will come back periodically to help others get through their troubles, as you have gotten through yours...

It's hard to find success stories. Yours is becoming one.

smile

Me: BH (47)
Her: WW (46)
DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Plan B letter given 7-12-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
M
M
"Be vewy, vewy quiet!"
Oh, like that's gonna work.
rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

R
R
Hey come on now, hoser is not a nice name eh? Its not like the Blue Jays won the world series again or something. No need for all that.

I can't be trusted to keep Marital out cause she scares me. Just that simple.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
C
C
Wow, what a story NW, and yeah its mind boggling to hear about how these storys of drinking and running away, ussually to what they percieve, "the high life", ruining peoples lives, yet somehow, it keeps happening.

Then you have kids that walk away from that stuff and never look back, avoiding it, and a sibling that falls into it. Glad you didn't have a front row seat NW, but sorry about your Dad anyways.

I like getting rid of the ring too. You guys have other symbols of devotion and you have the time you have every day together, which is the strongest diamond anyways. A new ring sounds awesome.

M
M
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
Hey come on now, hoser is not a nice name eh? Its not like the Blue Jays won the world series again or something. No need for all that.

I can't be trusted to keep Marital out cause she scares me. Just that simple.
rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by TimBurned

Don't take this the wrong way, but I look forward to hearing less and less from you... that means you're getting back on track, and coming here every day can taper off...

Thanks, TB. I took the day off today. DS is at a friend's house, DD and W went to her mothers for a few hours so I've got the place to myself. Not that bad and had meant to get a few things done around the house.

But I was wondering how y'all were doing so I checked the posts here and got sidetracked smile

Me (BH)
FWW

C
C
Originally Posted by TimBurned
..Don't take this the wrong way, but I look forward to hearing less and less from you... that means you're getting back on track, and coming here every day can taper off...

Hopefully you will come back periodically to help others get through their troubles, as you have gotten through yours...

It's hard to find success stories. Yours is becoming one.

smile

I agree with you Tim, as long as he checks in and tells us how he is doing, so we don't worry..

A
A
Totally agree with Tim and CP! Congratulations NW! I'm escatic for you and your WW.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Started Plan B - 7/11
S
S
NW
yeah, I've been quiet for awhile. Keeping the posting volume down. Spending less time on the computer.

Wow! What a story of origin you have. Thank you for sharing.

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
Page 38 of 50 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 698 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation