Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Are there a posters that used the MB way and made it to recovery? I would love to hear how it went. Of course there is always the wildcard decision maker, the WS, but I guess I need to hear that it does work sometimes. I keep thinking back over this last month and a half.... I was lucky to start out with MB, 5 1/2 weeks of an almost perfect Plan A. Plan B is going pretty well too, I think... except that I want it to work to lead to reconciliation, and I understand it may not... trying to make plans for it to not work. All this to say I would love to know who did it the MB way... Melodylane maybe?

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

H
H
MarriedForever quickly comes to mind, but yes, there are many others.

My wife did a fantastic Plan A, but she delayed Plan B which caused her to instead go to Plan FU..... We've recovered our marriage by the Grace of God & using ALL the MB principles, Coaching and Weekend Program..... You can read all about it if you look up her posts (SexyMamaBear)

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
M
M
Hello, OMG this is amazing people are going through what I am going through. I do not know how to post my own? But I need to say I am with you. I am wondering the same thing you are??? I am in plan B 1st day - it is awful! : ( I will pray for you and I hope you for me.

D-day 3/25/11 ... WH moved out prior while i was on a trip!
4/24/11 Plan B.
Me, 44, WH, 50
Married 6.75 yrs together 11

S
S
Theres a thread called Success Stories that I bumped up a couple of days ago

C
C
I did, though I didn't come to find MB until I was already close to Plan B/FU. I did my own version of Plan A for almost 2 months, reconciled, had a FR, then Plan B'd him until he came to his senses. And that was even with D papers on file by him.

For a while after we reconciled, I did not know if I could ever truly trust him, or even 100% love him or feel that he actually loves me, not just saying stuff. It's taken a while, probably close to 9 months or so, but I can finally believe that my H loves me, and our marriage has been so much better since the A.

It's a rocky road through recovery, lots of memories that pop up, little things that trigger you as the BS, and so forth. But there is hope. I always kept hope in my heart, and that's what helped me survive (along with some awesome people on this board!)

One thing to remember is that Plan B is for YOU. It really helped me keep hope in my heart as I focused on myself.

My thoughts are with you.

H
H
Originally Posted by mehr
Are there a posters that used the MB way and made it to recovery? I would love to hear how it went. Of course there is always the wildcard decision maker, the WS, but I guess I need to hear that it does work sometimes. I keep thinking back over this last month and a half.... I was lucky to start out with MB, 5 1/2 weeks of an almost perfect Plan A. Plan B is going pretty well too, I think... except that I want it to work to lead to reconciliation, and I understand it may not... trying to make plans for it to not work. All this to say I would love to know who did it the MB way... Melodylane maybe?

I understand the need people have to see the examples, to know that it worked. It's the reason that infomercials have paid actors professing their success stories about the pills that make you lose 30lbs without changing a thing, and increase your bust size by 2 cups.

However, be careful with this. You will read the success stories, or you won't find the story you are looking for, and you will doom yourself in your mind.

Your recovery is yours. Though you will find so many similarities within so many stories here, your recovery, your fight, will go the way it does, and comparing it to the recovery you "wish you had" can be frustrating.

Don't look around and wish, look at yourself and do.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
I did Plan A and Plan B and we are in a really good recovery.

It's a long story, I will try to give a quick re-cap. I keep saying someday I will type out my whole long saga and post it but I haven't done it yet...I think I am kind of dreading revisiting the whole sordid mess in detail, LOL.

D-month: May 2006
My own version of Plan A May - August 2006.
Found MB Aug. 7, 2006 and started a MB Plan A then.

H-E-L-L-I-S-H false recovery while Plan A'ing until March 1, 2007 when I discovered the A was still on. Did nuclear exposure and went quickly and quietly into a pitch dark Plan B.

Plan B ended about 6 weeks later, in early April. Got into R but it was still not easy with a FWH who refused many of the MB principles, even after atteding the MBW and counseling with SH.

Moved out of state in June 2008. Struggled some more in R until early the next year when FWH finally realized I wasn't going to back down on what I expected out of the M and fully got on board. He was a stubborn one, LOL.

In strong recovery now. We are getting close to being fully recovered. Our M is better than ever, H says he is happier than he has ever been and can't stand to think about the A, it makes him sick. We use all of the MB concepts and principles in our M.

I am not quite to "happier than I have ever been" but I am getting closer!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Originally Posted by mehr

I understand the need people have to see the examples, to know that it worked. It's the reason that infomercials have paid actors professing their success stories about the pills that make you lose 30lbs without changing a thing, and increase your bust size by 2 cups.

However, be careful with this. You will read the success stories, or you won't find the story you are looking for, and you will doom yourself in your mind.

Your recovery is yours. Though you will find so many similarities within so many stories here, your recovery, your fight, will go the way it does, and comparing it to the recovery you "wish you had" can be frustrating.

Don't look around and wish, look at yourself and do.

Thank you....

It is somehow comforting to read success stories...

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation