Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Schoolbus, I hope I don't embarrass you but I just read this on a post from yesterday where you said:

Originally Posted by Schoolbus
Sorry I have been gone. My mom has cancer, and I now have to have some surgery myself, so my life is kinda nutty.
I just wanted to let you know that I'll be praying for you, your mom, and your family. I think you are amazing to be helping others while going through all in your own life right now. This says a lot about you.

(((Schoolbus)))

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
thank you for posting this pm, i'll keep schoolbus in my prayers too, one of my favorite posters.

M
M
X2 on that, PrincessMeggy - prayers going up for your mom and your family, Schoolbus.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

S
S
Schoolbus, Thank you for all that you do. You are AMAZING. Prayers going up.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
L
L
Schoolbus, I'm lifting you and your loved ones up in prayer.

I appreciate all that you do here and have learned so much from you!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
V
V
hug, schoolbus.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
S
S
Many prayera for you and your mom. Keeping you in my thoughts

S
S
SB--I need to join this chorus too. You've been an immense help to me personally, and I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for your words of wisdom.

Thanks for going out of your way to help me and so many others here, despite your own burdens and struggles.

You, your mother, and your marriage will be in my thoughts and prayers. smile

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
H
H
Schoolbus, you are insightful, delightful and a powerful force on this board. Your words have helped me many times during this journey.

My prayers are with you and your family. I may not be a wordsmith but my words will be heartfelt in prayer.

Please take care and do well.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
B
B
Schoolbus;

My prayers and <<hugs>> are with you and your mom!

ba

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
S
S
Thanks to all of you. I haven't been on in awhile, because mom had a terrible reaction to a medication. Two months later, she came home. It has been an ordeal, but I learned something about marriage in all of this. Actually, something about two marriages:

First, about my parents' marriage. These two people have been together almost 65 years now. Mom says both have been completely faithful, and Dad says the same. Many of you know I have had a terrible childhood with this man, but that he has worked very hard to make personal changes, and I have forgiven him his many transgressions against me as a child and adult.

Anyway, when mom became very ill, he called me first, then the ambulance. He was a wreck, because this is clearly a major first step in what we all must face with her. I found him to be a puddle of mush, because his mate of so many years was in dire circumstances, and he could not bear to see her in pain. She was stoic, and very strong throughout. No complaints (except about the hospital food!), even when there was obvious horrible pain wracking her body.

He was there, all day, every day, for these past two months. We had to force him to get out and do other things - but the only way he would was if he was positive she would not be "alone" there. He would go be with her in the morning, and then go home in the evening in time for him to watch Fox News, and they could talk on the phone about it while the two watched "together" in different places. Then get up in the morning and do it again.

I learned about just "being there" for someone. He was, and is, there. I learned about how weak his heart is for her, as he couldn't even bear to watch them change an IV if it gave her one second of a pinch of pain. I learned about how she stayed on, even when she wanted nothing more to go home, because he had to get ready to take care of her when she came home - and he worked hard to get special equipment and bed in place to meet her needs.

Neither of them complained. They just have a confirmed and mutual knowledge that they simply WILL take care of one another, no matter what. No doubts in their minds, no questions asked.

Second marriage I learned about was my own. Because as I was facing this enormous crisis, my husband was "there" for me, in the same way that my dad was for mom. I called on him many times to run errands, dash across the county to help move or lift something, to pick up or drop off visitors and pills and clothing and you name it. He helped me with housework and everything - never a complaint. Never a question that he would. He asked every day if he could take some of the load from me, and many days he DID. He is even going over to the house (she came home!!!!) tomorrow to be "there" for her, while dad takes a day with his friends to golf.

I started out on this particular journey unsure of my husband's willingness to be my rock.

I walked the path, not alone at all. My H never left my side.

Just like Dad never left Mom's.

And you only know the half of it.

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
S
S
Other fun things happening????

1. Computer was hacked at work - AGAIN. So this time I had to close my other accounts without notice to any of my friends! Emails, forums, everything. Fortunately, I have never touched this forum via work, so I was free to stay here. Other accounts I can now re-open, but cannot use any similar username, etc. Fortunately one email was safe, because it had been migrated to a new server, and that somehow escaped this mess.

2. My dog became seriously ill. Nearly died, stopped eating altogether. She is BETTER NOW!

3. I found a tumor and have to have it removed.

4. My brother came to help with my parents, and planned to stay a few days. While here, he had this constant cough that would not stop. So he went to the urgent care. He comes back to the house completely a mess. It is likely throat cancer. he does NOT smoke.

5. My assistant at work retired due to terminal cancer. She has two girls, 12 and 16. Pray for that family, too, if you have a moment.

Gee. I feel like I have been through the mill. But when I came here and posted, I was so happy, because PM started this thread and so many folks offered love and support.

To a stranger.

Thank you so much for lifting me up. I have tears from the knowledge of the love of mankind.

Thanks!

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
C
C
(((((schoolbus)))))
my gosh you've been through a lot. i'm glad through all this you found your husband to be a rock:)
prayers to your assistant's family as well, how sad. and continued ones to you and now your brother.

65 years!! the mind boggles.

S
S
schoolbus there are tears in my eyes and more than one prayer for you, your family, and your friends. You are an incredibly caring person who despite all of your own personal trials continues to give to others. I wish nothing but peace for all of you.

Truth can stand on it's own two feet....A lie needs support....FRM
P
OP Offline
P
Gee. I feel like I have been through the mill.
And now... the "Understatement of the Year Award" goes to one of our most respected members on MB... Schoolbus smile

I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles.

Please keep us posted (no pun intended). Let us be here for you as you have been for so many others over the years.

(((SB)))

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
And now... the "Understatement of the Year Award" goes to one of our most respected members on MB... Schoolbus smile

clap

((((SB))))

I'm sorry for all the trials that have come your way lately; but as usual, I am inspired by your outlook.

Last edited by sexymamabear; 04/28/11 05:40 PM. Reason: fixing quote

Happily married to HerPapaBear

N
N
hug Schoolbus and family hug

God is truly with you. You're a comfort and inspiration to all those of us who know you.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
H
My prayers are with you, your family and your friends. Take care, Schoolbus.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation