Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Hello. I have a question regarding the modding out of non-MB books or websites. I�d like to know under what conditions we can post another resource and under what we can�t. When I first got here many posters recommended books and websites, in addition to the ones by the Harleys, that really helped me. I would point you to examples, but all of my initial posts were lost when the server crashed back in 2009. I�d like to offer those same resources (a few of which I still use) but don�t want to be edited for violating TOS.

The TOS says not to post anything false, abusive, harassing, right-violating, copyrighted, spam� but it doesn�t say no referring people to outside resources.

Just want to understand, thanks

Thanks,
DTC

"If you will stop feeding your feelings, then they will stop controlling you" -Joyce Meyer
F
F
Thanks for your question, Daisy. After much discussion with Dr. Harley about this issue, we published this policy in the Announcements Section last year.

Marriage Builders Policy on other Marriage Books and Programs

This announcement is to clarify our policy about the discussion of other marriage books and programs on our forum. Such discussion is acceptable, except on the threads of those seeking help for their marriages. Offering alternative methods to those in need promises to confuse and discourage them, often leading to unnecessary debates. Posters attempting to help should not be put in the position of having to debate basic principles. That is not helpful to anyone, most especially the poster in need.

This is a large board and not every single post is read by the moderating volunteers. If the moderators are not alerted to a specific post mentioning non-mb material it could likely remain. This is not an indication that other times the same material won't be edited nor is it any indication that some posters can say certain things and others can't. Further, sometimes non-MB material and/or links MAY remain on the boards because the specific moderator(s) that read it didn't feel it was a distraction, or they may have even felt it was relevant and helpful. This is within Moderator discretion. Again, MB is about saving and restoring love in as many marriages as possible utilizing the MB principles and processes.

If you want to have such discussions, please feel free to start up a thread in the Other Topics forum. We ask that you do not post links out of respect for our forum host.

Any questions, please feel free to email me.

Thank you,

JustUss

H
H
Originally Posted by DaisyTheCat2
Hello. I have a question regarding the modding out of non-MB books or websites. I�d like to know under what conditions we can post another resource and under what we can�t. When I first got here many posters recommended books and websites, in addition to the ones by the Harleys, that really helped me. I would point you to examples, but all of my initial posts were lost when the server crashed back in 2009. I�d like to offer those same resources (a few of which I still use) but don�t want to be edited for violating TOS.

The TOS says not to post anything false, abusive, harassing, right-violating, copyrighted, spam� but it doesn�t say no referring people to outside resources.

Just want to understand, thanks

Thanks,
DTC

Originally Posted by JustUss
Marriage Builders Policy on other Marriage Books and Programs

This announcement is to clarify our policy about the discussion of other marriage books and programs on our forum. Such discussion is acceptable, except on the threads of those seeking help for their marriages. Offering alternative methods to those in need promises to confuse and discourage them, often leading to unnecessary debates. Posters attempting to help should not be put in the position of having to debate basic principles. That is not helpful to anyone, most especially the poster in need.

This is a large board and not every single post is read by the moderating volunteers. If the moderators are not alerted to a specific post mentioning non-mb material it could likely remain. This is not an indication that other times the same material won't be edited nor is it any indication that some posters can say certain things and others can't. Further, sometimes non-MB material and/or links MAY remain on the boards because the specific moderator(s) that read it didn't feel it was a distraction, or they may have even felt it was relevant and helpful. This is within Moderator discretion. Again, MB is about saving and restoring love in as many marriages as possible utilizing the MB principles and processes.

If you want to have such discussions, please feel free to start up a thread in the Other Topics forum. We ask that you do not post links out of respect for our forum host.

Any questions, please feel free to email me.

Thank you,

JustUss

Hope the emphasis here clarifies for you, Daisy.

Unless my comprehension has failed me, you could mention those resources in your own thread, but you cannot share them in the threads of other, newer posters, as they are here to learn Marriage Builders.

A person like yourself who has spent some time here and has learned the concepts and how to live them may find ways to adapt other information into this lifestyle change, but to suggest outside sources to newer posters is to invite disaster.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you, JustUss, for the expanation. Would it be possible to add this verbiage to the TOS linked in my original post? Or consolodate all such announcements to one TOS post?

"If you will stop feeding your feelings, then they will stop controlling you" -Joyce Meyer
J
Administrator
Administrator
J
Daisy,

You're welcome.

All these "rules and procedures" are posted threads in the Announcement Forum

If you haven't ever checked out this forum, please do so. It may answer many questions.

If you still have questions or concerns, PLEASE feel free to email me.

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you. I'm feeling quite sheepish, as that's the forum I went to trying to find the TOS. My eyes somehow glazed over the post entitled "MB Policy on Other Marriage Books & Programs," which answers my questions, and went straight to the one with "TOS" in the title. Sorry about that.

If I have any further questions, I will certianly email you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation