Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2510044 05/17/11 05:32 AM
K
OP Offline
K
Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has acknowledged that he fathered a child with a member of his household staff, a revelation that apparently prompted wife Maria Shriver to leave the couple's home before they announced their separation last week.

Cheating works its putrid magic yet again... sick

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
K
K
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has acknowledged that he fathered a child with a member of his household staff, a revelation that apparently prompted wife Maria Shriver to leave the couple's home before they announced their separation last week.

Cheating works its putrid magic yet again... sick

Eh. I don't think anyone should be surprised when celebrities/govt officials are found to be cheating/have cheated.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M
When I first heard that they'd separated, I wondered how many days it would be before the OW angle showed up... sick

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Garden-variety cheating is bad enough, but Arnie had this woman working in the family home and almost certainly interacting with Maria on a routine basis. Did he get some kind of sick thrill from watching his wife and his OC mother together? Man, this is an order of magnitude above what we usually hear about.

And I still think Tipper left Al because of an OC, though let's hope he didn't have that one in the house with his wife.

We'll see. TMZ is frantically digging even as I type. There's more to come and I would give good odds that this OC is not Arnold's only one. And it's laughable to think the OC mom was his only infidelity.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
H
H
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
Eh. I don't think anyone should be surprised when celebrities/govt officials are found to be cheating/have cheated.

Exactly. Although they seem glamorous from the outside, there are definite downsides to living in the public spotlight. The offsetting benefits seem to appeal to people who are predisposed to cheat. It is not coincidence that when a politician permits their spouse to have input on whether to run for higher office, the spouse typically says "no". The only spouses who seem to think it is a good idea are the ones who like to bask in the reflected glory or who are public figures in their own right. The ones who want a "normal" marriage and home life are almost universally against their spouse running for higher office. Which leaves the ones who run to be those who do NOT allow their spouse to have input into the decision. Which is a pretty clear indication where marriage and fidelity fits into the politician's priority system.

Which is one area where I give Michelle and Obama credit. They brought Michelle's Mom to live with them in the White House. After all, Michelle may run around doing all the First Lady photo ops. But you can be darn sure that her Mom stays home. Taking care of the kids. And making sure Obama keeps on the straight and narrow when his wife is away. That shows a commitment to marriage and family which many politicians would avoid.

When you can see it coming, duck!
M
M
Dr. Drew has a lot of hard-hitting and MB friendly things to say about this case - worth checking out, especially if Arnold's case is triggering anyone. Worth looking at, either on TV or on the CNN website.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
D
D
This news has triggered me.

No "love" child in my case, but my husband had an 3-month affair with my sister 10 years ago and never told me until he was cornered about a year ago. So I was robbed of the opportunity to distance myself from her all those years ago, and she has screwed with me (and literally screwed with other men and women) ever since.

It's been a tough day, imagining Maria's heartache and devastation and re-living my own.

FBW in recovery
E
E
Originally Posted by Mulan
And I still think Tipper left Al because of an OC, though let's hope he didn't have that one in the house with his wife.

Let's also home Tipper didn't/doesn't get the Social Security "Lock Box" Al Gore was touting during his campaigning as part of the property settlement.

M
M
TMZ is now reporting that Maria and the babymama were pregnant at the same time - 1997 - and both were often in the house together since the preggo babymama was working there. What did Arnold think they were - Sister Wives?? This case gets sicker by the minute.

Me, BW
K
OP Offline
K
I know, absolutely disgusting... sick

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation